Card Tags with Alternate Prints within a set

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

I'm trying to use card tags and differentiate between, for example printings of Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge between Innistrad Moonlight Hunt #246 and Innistrad Moonlight Hunt #311.

Putting in "Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge|Innistrad Moonlight Hunt #246" results in Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge|Innistrad Moonlight Hunt #246.

Meanwhile "Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge|Innistrad Moonlight Hunt #311" results in Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge|Innistrad Moonlight Hunt #311.

These appear to be the same to me. Am I using the syntax for card tags incorrectly? I didn't see it in the BBCode guide for multiple cards of the same "set". If I just missed it, I guess I'd request an update to the BBCode entry for card tags to cover this corner case.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

Good Morning!
In order to card a specific printing, the best way is to tag it with it's nexus printing ID.

If you look at the "normal" version:
cards/innistrad-midnight-hunt/68149-tov ... ht-scourge
You'll see it's specific ID in the URL - 68149

Syntax is straight forward: [card]Tovolar, Dire Overloard|68149[/card]Tovolar, Dire Overloard|68149

The 311 Promo is:
cards/innistrad-midnight-hunt/68150-tov ... ht-scourge
Thus: [card]Tovolar, Dire Overloard|68150[/card]Tovolar, Dire Overloard|68150

This reminds me, I need to add quick copy buttons for [card] and [cardimg] for card pages, so it's simpler.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

That helps immensely. Thank you for that and everything else done for this site.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”