Notifications, Bruna, and Inexplicable Toctheyonger

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

Okay, so this is a weird one. Every time @toctheyounger posts/updates his Bruna primer over on the EDH subforum, I get a notification saying toc replied to something I wrote. I'm not sure why this happened, but he's definitely not replying to anything I said over there, especially in generic posts without @'s or quotes. I mean, I enjoy toc's work and his Bruna list is sweet, but I'm not hanging on its every post like the website seems to think.

Is there a fix? It's really not a big problem, but it does screw up the dopamine feedback loop that notifications are designed to provide and I do like me some dopamine. In the mean time, I guess I'll go see what midnight hunt is adding to monowhite moat control.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 2 years ago

You know you love it. Perhaos you've clicked a button to subscribe to the thread somewhere along the line.

Honestly at least the thread isn't that active. If it were Varina you'd be tearing your hair out. Not bragging, its actually quite a bit of work keeping up with that primer.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

toctheyounger wrote:
2 years ago
You know you love it. Perhaos you've clicked a button to subscribe to the thread somewhere along the line.

Honestly at least the thread isn't that active. If it were Varina you'd be tearing your hair out. Not bragging, its actually quite a bit of work keeping up with that primer.
See that's what I thought, but I can't find how to unsubscribe (sorry). But you're right, maybe I should be counting lucky stars instead lol

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
2 years ago

See that's what I thought, but I can't find how to unsubscribe (sorry). But you're right, maybe I should be counting lucky stars instead lol
Nah I get it. I've contributed to many a thread I don't need to be involved in anymore.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

hmm.
Lets make sure you're not subscribed first:
image.png
If you're subscribed, this will say Unsubscribe (and click it)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Thanks, Feyd. I must have accidentally pressed the subscribe option months ago. Glad it wasn't an actual bug.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

Cool.
To be safe, go to your posting defaults:
ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=post

And make sure you're not auto-subscribing to topics you post to.
image.png
If this is on, you'll always subscribe to topics when you post to them. This is off by default, but I could have messed that up when you first joined (I know it was accidentally on by default at one time)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”