Need a newer version pulled

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Fiendish Duo| could probably use an updated pull. It might be worth checking the rest of that product but I am lazy right now so thats all lol.
Last edited by ISBPathfinder 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
Fiendish Duo could probably use an updated pull. It might be worth checking the rest of that product but I am lazy right now so thats all lol.
What does this mean "pull"?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Legend wrote:
3 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
Fiendish Duo could probably use an updated pull. It might be worth checking the rest of that product but I am lazy right now so thats all lol.
What does this mean "pull"?
Feyd normally pulls entire sets down at a time. Its also possible that someone can manually update just this one card. I can't recall given the age of nexus if this came out before or after Nexus so I don't know if there was an issue with his automated pull of sets.

When I say Pull in this way I am referring to requesting information. A Pull in this means would be a querry request for data. A push would be when you force data as the data provider (it doesn't apply here really so much as WoTC wouldn't push data to Feyd as he doesn't have a data contract with them so much as their information is there to be pulled as needed). Pushing and Pulling data are generally speaking just depending on which side of information you are. Feyd in this case would be the information requester and thus he would pull data. Its somewhat of a programming term. I was just questioning if more than one card needed to be updated then it was possible that updating the entire set it was from would be required (I could be wrong but I think this was a five card cycle but its possible that more data than just this is screwed up. I hate searching special sets though as its a pain in the ass so I am not going to bother looking for them).
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

That fiendish duo is apparently a one-of promo or something? It's on scryfall and others. I'll have to dig into it and see if it's really suppose to be there.

While spoiler season cards are all added by hand (extra love to @Rumpy5897 and @Marquis ), we use Scryfall and MTGJson to keep our database up to date, etc. They are pillars of the community that help make this site possible.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
That fiendish duo is apparently a one-of promo or something? It's on scryfall and others. I'll have to dig into it and see if it's really suppose to be there.

While spoiler season cards are all added by hand (extra love to @Rumpy5897 and @Marquis ), we use Scryfall and MTGJson to keep our database up to date, etc. They are pillars of the community that help make this site possible.
I believe it was a cycle of 5 cards with one card of each color. I don't recall exactly what promo thing it was in to be honest but I recall there being more than one of them. There are so many dang promos these days that its hard to remember what they are all from.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

@Feyd_Ruin any word on this?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

https://scryfall.com/card/pkhm/1/ja/%E6 ... A%E7%B5%84

I can't find a definite answer.
It's on scryfall, and a couple other sites, but I can't find any real press release as to what it is, it's set, etc.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
https://scryfall.com/card/pkhm/1/ja/%E6 ... A%E7%B5%84

I can't find a definite answer.
It's on scryfall, and a couple other sites, but I can't find any real press release as to what it is, it's set, etc.
The original was called "Game Night 2019" It also had promos for Highcliff Felidar, Sphinx of Enlightenment, Calculating Lich, and Earthshaker Giant (in addition to Fiendish Duo). I have no idea where that weird promo version for the Duo comes from though.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2019-10-14

My best guess would possibly be an unreleased promo as I can't find copies with that set symbol for sale anywhere. Usually you can at least find a listing on the major sites for prmos even if they are out of stock but I don't see that set symbol as a sellable card on any of the major sellers. I guess I would maybe consider pulling that art off unless and until we can confirm a product for it.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Very belated, but I just now saw this thread. Hi! I'm one of Scryfall's archivists. If you're on Scryfall's discord you'd also know me as Sammy.

The Fiendish Duo|PKHM promo card in question is a prerelease promo exclusive to Japan. It was given away with prerelease-at-home kits. This is why it's in the Kaldheim Promos set with prerelease promo tags, despite the unrelated set symbol and the "Commander" in the collector information. It seems to have been meant for some kind of Commander promotion that was likely cancelled due to social distancing measures, so they decided to give them away this way instead. There are no other known translations of this particular print; this was a Japan-only thing.

You can read about it here in this MTG-JP announcement dated January 22, 2021: 家からプレリリースに参加しよう! 『カルドハイム』「自宅でプレリリース」のススメ

I've added a variation note to this print to cover what's going on for future reference, since this particular print's circumstances are pretty confusing.
2021-07-23_14-49-11.png

(ed: made my intro a lil less convoluted)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

@Feyd_Ruin Feyd, I am bumping you because this is still a thing and I wandered back to find this and I see that @spacemonaut had an update for us on the confusion. I don't know what you want to do but I figured I would give you a bump :p

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

oh sorry, I should have responded.
There's nothing really to do, because everything is correct.
Just a bit confusing to those of us who didn't know
:)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
2 years ago
oh sorry, I should have responded.
There's nothing really to do, because everything is correct.
Just a bit confusing to those of us who didn't know
:)
I guess that's fair. I guess I was just questioning if there was a way to force a specific version to appear by default. I get it that the Japanese exclusive version exists I just wonder if it should be the default image that pulls up on what is essentially an English speaking internet board. Given that you are the site owner and have more or less unlimited access to the database you could even screw with add dates in the database to manipulate and force a specific version to think its the newest.

I don't know if any of that is worth doing. I guess I don't even know what some of the newest foreign language based special version cards are doing (as far as if its loading those or not). I feel like in the past there was some sort of constraint to not use some sets as the default image to load or something but perhaps I am wrong on that.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

Ohhhh crap. I didn't realize it was autocarding still. I swore I fixed that part. Re-fixed?
Sorry. I thought you were just saying we had a foreign card in general >_<

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Thanks Feyd. Yea I probably should have specified better I was just referring to the default autocard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”