a few Zendikar Rising pools

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I played a few prereleases and wanted to get a bit of feedback on my lists I played. Went 2-1 with both.

first deck was a boros deck. My loss was a last round concession to go to my buddy's place, they had already ordered pizza which I promised to get on the way

deck seemed aggressive when I built it but sometimes had problems closing games. Sneaking Guide plus Grotag Night-Runner could just run away with games. Notable cards I didn't run were 2 Pyroclastic Hellion and a Scorch Rider . I might have just been wrong on both

Next deck was a 4c Omnath deck, which I felt was really good but kinda stumbled in the match I lost. deck is 44 cards so that could have been the problem, didn't have the discipline to cut to 40

Looking back, I probably showed a real lack of discipline with deck building. I did not know what spells to cut and kinda panic added a few creatures to reach more, so that's why I hit 44 cards

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I went 7-1 with a BW Clerics deck in sealed on Arena. It was a great deck, better than most draft decks, with Taborax, Hope's Demise, Skyclave Apparition, Felidar Retreat, Nighthawk Scavenger, Cleric of Life's Bond, Attended Healer, a bunch of other clerics and a smattering of removal. I really wish I thought to take a screenshot of it before finishing, but eh, I forgot.

One of the cards that really over performed in the deck surprisingly enough was Skyclave Cleric // Skyclave Basilica. In two games if I didn't have it would've lost. It's sort of funny, but in close games having a 1/3 for two that gains you 2 life can be exactly what you need.

My other sealed deck was a Temur Kicker deck with Verazol, the Split Current. It was a fun deck, with plenty of mana fixing and Kicker synergies, but it only went 2-3. And really that 2-3 was due to bad luck in two of the losses. In one game, any of my five removal spells would've won me the game. Went through over half my deck, didn't see a single one. The second loss I got milled out, but if Verazol, the Split Current was any card but the bottom card of my library I would've won. The third (well technically first) loss was against a BW clerics deck that got a turn two Cleric of Life's Bond into a turn three Mind Drain. The game went on a little while longer, but it was pretty much over after the mind drain as I had to mulligan to six. This loss I'm not blaming bad luck on since it was a standard Clerics start into a mulligan from me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Pool Discussion”