[2021] RG Prowess - July 5, 2020

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

For today's draft (Well yesterday's draft actually... Full draft videos are a pain to upload.) I got an entire video for anyone who wants to watch. I also did commentary... And I never realized that is how I sound like. I always thought my voice had a Richard Nixon quality, but count me pleasantly surprised.
Decklist
Show
Hide
RG Prowess
Approximate Total Cost:

Two things to note:

First, looking back I didn't draft or play the greatest. Also could've built the deck a little bit better (I think there is an argument that Setessan Training probably should've made the cut since it is Prowess Trigger, Draw, +1/+0, and Trample for two mana). Much of it I chalk up to not being used to commentating while doing this. Talking while drafting and playing is harder than it looks, err... sounds. I do believe this deck is better than a 3-3 deck on most days though.

Second is that I liked how RG prowess played. It's a maybe once in a blue moon draft archetype, but with maybe another Quirion Dryad or a Spellgorger Weird it can play out as a fun draft type with some of greens +1/+1 counter payoffs like Pridemalkin.

I am curious how others would've approached the draft. Looking back there was probably a pretty strong UR Prowess deck available if I decided to take either Waker of Waves or Rousing Read first pick instead of the less committal Sparkhunter Masticore.

Return to “Pool Discussion”