[2021] Mono-Blue Prowess - July 4, 2020

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

My second Core Set 2021 draft and my second straight draft going Mono-U. I don't know if people are undervaluing blue in this set or what. Though this is the second straight draft of getting a Enthralling Hold late (pick 6, pack 1). This one is completely different from my previous, more controlling build, as I got a ton of Prowess creatures, plus three Frantic Inventory, making able to win very quickly or take a more mid-range role. Actually, something funny is that I had three games in a row where my opponent conceded on turn 5. They weren't dead, dead, but the deck was able to build up such a commanding board presence and then take control of the game that I was pretty comfortably in control.

The deck ended up going 7-1. My only lost being to a RG deck with a ton of four power creatures and two Leafkin Avenger, and was able to comfortably stall out the game where if I attacked I died on the backswing or xe just burns me out by activating Leafkin Avenger.

The draft was very straight forward, no real hard decisions. I started with Solemn Simulacrum first pick, second pick Shipwreck Dowser and went all blue from there. My only regret is that I didn't take a Radiant Fountain when I saw it late in pack 2 and instead took a Goblin Wizardry on the idea I might want to splash red in my deck (since I had the Solemn Simulacrum already).

Mono-U Prowess Draft Deck
Approximate Total Cost:

Mono-U Prowess Draft Deck Images + Sideboard
Show
Hide

Also decided to take a video of the last Game. It was an interesting game against an aggressive RW deck. And it really displayed the power of Lofty Denial and Shipwreck Dowser.

If people are interested I might start recording my drafts and games (and maybe even figure out how to work the microphone on my computer's camera).

Return to “Pool Discussion”