[Official] Historic Forum Helpdesk

ktkenshinx
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ktkenshinx » 4 years ago

Welcome to the helpdesk for the Historic forum!

This is an open discussion area for questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions you might have for this forum. Forum moderators subscribe to this thread and are happy to respond to posts within the thread's scope. Please keep all comments civil and remember all MTG Nexus and Modern rules apply here.

Examples of topics anyone is welcome to discuss in this thread include, but are not limited to, the following:

Approved topic examples
  • Forum organization and structure
  • Forum rule suggestions or ideas
  • Rule clarification
  • Identifying the best place to discuss something
  • Seeking help on how to create a thread, format a post, etc.
  • Notifying staff about forum/link errors
  • Other general forum management issues
Examples of topics that should not be discussed in this thread include, but are not limited to, the following. In general, there are better places to discuss these topics (e.g. banlist discussion in the State of Historic thread, appealing moderation through approved channels/PMs, etc.).

Prohibited topic examples
  • Ban/unban/banlist discussion
  • Complaining about a rule
  • Appealing or arguing a warning or infraction
  • Idle conversation, even about Historic
  • Calling out other users for alleged rule-breaking or personal reasons
Over-Extended/Modern Since 2010

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 4 years ago

What's historic? I mean, I know the card type, but is WotC trying to spin off yet *another* random eternal format?

ktkenshinx

Post by ktkenshinx » 4 years ago

BeneTleilax wrote:
4 years ago
What's historic? I mean, I know the card type, but is WotC trying to spin off yet *another* random eternal format?
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you! I updated the "What is Historic" thread to answer this question:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=14169

I will note that Historic is in a weird spot because of Wizards' recent Pioneer announcement. It seems like Pioneer (https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/ ... ts/pioneer) is the nonrotating "post-Modern" format that many players were expecting and it's not clear where Historic fits between Pioneer, Modern, and Standard. Hopefully Wizards will clarify their direction for Historic so players aren't being pulled in so many different directions. I suspect that Historic will eventually become Pioneer on Arena after Wizards adds more cards/sets.
Over-Extended/Modern Since 2010

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Historic”