Spellchaser Format

DeinoStinkus
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DeinoStinkus » 3 years ago

Hello everyone. This is my post for the Spellchaser format, created on TappedOut. Thought I'd bring it here.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-new-w ... er-primer/

WizardMN
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

Why would those cards be your power 9 and why, with those cards being the "most powerful" in the format would you bother banning Force of Negation if you are accepting Force of Will?

Also, why is Tendrils of Agony banned and not Grapeshot? I realize the power level is different on them but they seem close enough to the same especially considering all the good instant/sorcery mana producers are red and you don't have 0 drop rocks to fuel either one?

And then, if your power 9 includes Field of the Dead, why ban Wasteland? I do get Strip Mine for banning since this isn't a singleton format, but banning an answer to one of the most powerful cards in your format seems wrong.

And, finally, why is Abeyance in your Power list? How often is it going to do anything more than what Silence or Orim's Chant can do? That is, how often is activating a non-mana ability of a land really going to be relevant?

I have other issues with the banlist (banning duals for example) but it doesn't seem all that bad in general beyond the ones mentioned.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Homebrew and Variant Formats”