starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Welcome to New Challenge Every Day!

Today's Challenge:
A card related to your country

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the contest (currently planned to end on Sat Aug 31, at which time the points will reset for the next month). The top overall scorer(s) at the end of this period will be the winner(s).
Raptorchan: 50 (4)
Subject16: 36 (3)
slimytrout: 31 (0)
folding_music: 30 (0)
Henlock: 26 (0)
void_nothing: 27 (2)
Krishnath: 26 (1)
starjake: 21 (0)
kwanyeegor-ii: 18 (0)
Legend: 10 (0)
Occo: 9 (0)
BOVINE: 2 (0)
Cardz5000: 1 (0)
marioguy3: 1 (0)
ForestsCarl: 0 (0)
.::Note of the Day::.
Sorry for the delay; I was busy last night.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Colored Equipment
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
subject16, Raptorchan

Issue Blade wr
Artifact - Equipment (u)
Equipped creature has double strike.
Equip
Equip Soldier

IIW a hatebear
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
void_nothing, Raptorchan,

Tulan's Cane 1UB
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (Rare)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has "Whenever deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card and you draw a card."
Whenever the enchanted creature dies, create a 3/3 blue and black Horror creature token with flying and menace.
Equip Wizard 0
Equip UB

IIW: Silverborder Shenanigans.
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Raptorchan, void_nothing

Fractal Blade 4UU
Artifact - Equipment (Rare)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each creature you control that shares a name with it.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, create a token that's a copy of that creature, then create a token that's s copy of Fractal Blade and attach it to that creature.
Equip 3

Iiw : Devotion
BOVINE wrote:
4 years ago
Krish, Subject

Ruby Circlet of Skaa 1r
Legendary Artifact – Equipment R
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach Ruby Circlet of Skaa to it.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, unattach Ruby Circlet of Skaa then add that much R. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.

IIW: New Creature Class
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Subject16, Raptorchan

Krubarsh, the Thorny Problem 1GG
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (M)
Whenever equipped creature attacks, blocks, or deals combat damage to a player, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
You may have equipped creature assign its combat damage as though it weren't blocked.
Equip 4
There are no quick or easy solutions to an erratically whirling heartwood morningstar.

IIW: Cards made of a Magic-original substance (necrogen, lazotep, darksteel, weatherseed...)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

So, which of the two should I do, the one I was born in, or the one I currently reside in? Or maybe I should just do Scandinavia as both are part of it? Please advice.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
So, which of the two should I do, the one I was born in, or the one I currently reside in? Or maybe I should just do Scandinavia as both are part of it? Please advice.
In challenges not related to mechanics you can interpret as you wish.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: Subject16, void_nothing (It was a tough one today, there were others I wanted to vote for, but alas only two votes are allowed.)

Scandinavia it is. Not that there is so much difference between Danish and Swedish culture, we haven't drifted that far since the Age of the Vikings. Speaking of...

Scandinavian Greatness RGW
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever a Viking enters the battlefield, you may choose one -
• Deal 2 damage to target nonviking creature.
• Gain 3 life.
• Create a treasure token. (It's a colorless artifact with "T, sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color".)
• Put a +1/+1 counter on target Viking creature you control. (Barbarians, Berserkers, and Warriors are Vikings.)
"We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow"

IIW: I don't get nice, I get Norse.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Bovine, Henlock

British Rule 2WU
Enchantment (Rare)
When British Rule enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
Whenever an opponent casts the spell, if you're the monarch, create a Treasure token unless that player pays 1.
The sun cannot set on the empire, and neither do its taxes.

Iiw: The monarch

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”