Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
New factions

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 43 (+1)
netn10 39 (+1)
bravelion83 30 (+3)
dyd 24 (+0)
JovialJovian 5
Venedrex 4 (+4)
Pygyzy 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Ocean Vehicles
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes bravelion83 Venedrex

The Unsinkable 6
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle
Trample, indestructible
Crew 6
ssss or (12): The Unsinkable loses trample and indestructible until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability.
12/12

IIW: hate your color (e.g. Voice of Truth, Mystical Dispute, Redcap Melee)
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Venedrex

The Nautilus 4UU
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle (Mythic)
Trample
If The Nautilus would deal combat damage to a player, prevent it and create a 1/1 blue Pirate creature that's tapped and attacking for each 1 damage prevented.
Crew 6
12/12

IIW: Metallic dragons.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Light Submarine 2U
Artifact — Vehicle (R)
As long as you and defending player both control an Island, Light Submarine can't be blocked.
At the beginning of your end step, you may have target opponent gain control of target land you control.
Crew 2 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
2/3

IIW: nonbasic lands with basic land types
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Venedrex

Looters' Flagship 4
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Whenever one or more Pirates you control deal combat damage to a player, create two Treasure tokens.
Whenever one or more Vehicles you control deal combat damage to a player, you gain 4 life.
Crew 4
4/4

IIW: Mirrored things
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
netn10 pygyzy
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Yore-Tillers' Influence WUBR
Instant (Common)
Counter target spell. Yore-Tillers' Influence deals 3 damage to any target and you gain 3 life.
"The guilds will fall and the Nephilim will rise. Join The Tiller of the World or face your downfall."
- Raz, Cult Recruiter

IIW: Two flavor words.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Reproposing a faction I created for the "allied colors Strixhaven" challenge. Quint explains it in the flavor text. This obviously fits the existing "(mascot) Summoning" cycle.

Homunculus Summoning 1{U/B}{U/B}
Sorcery — Lesson (C)
Create two 1/1 blue and black Homunculus artifact creature tokens.
"The Stronir are mad archaeologists, interested in retrieving fossilized beings and reanimating them. We and them disagree on everything except for one thing: the importance of history and the past."
—Quintorius, Lorehold mage-student
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10 (but the Pirates entering attacking will matter very rarely, since combat damage has already been dealt)

Take Care (w/u)(u/b)
Instant
Counter target spell or ability that targets you or a permanent or spell you control unless its controller pays 3 life and has you gain 5 life.
Each of the five Mage-Kings encourages the study of a different form of magic. Xored's followers specialize in the quickest responses and are always ready for plan B.

(The idea is to have 5 factions with the colors of Alara shards, each dealing with a different card type. Blue-centeres one is for instants)

IIW: a cursed toy / game

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Sinidrim Hive Sentinel
Creature — Insect Warrior (U)
Flying, vigilance
Whenever one or more creatures an opponent controls deals damage to you for the first time each turn, you may pay . If you do, create a 1/1 green and white Insect creature token with flying.
2/4
"The sapient race of bipedal insects known as the Sinidrim are famed for their tenacity and dwell within hives known for their capacity.

IIW: Imps
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Amberpine Felling 1RG
Sorcery (U)
Each player sacrifices a land. If you control a Fortification, create a Treasure token for each land card in your graveyard.
Scry 2.
The Zoten school of architecture cultivates wondrous trees that arise embedded with gems, then cuts them for lumber without a second thought.

IIW: Archenemy
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”