Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

CCL June Finals

"Into the Museum"

Ghost of Ramirez DePietro, taken from Art of MtG, by Greg Rutkowski and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Nostalgia Month here in the CCL - time to dig deep into the past...

Challenge
Design each of the following:

A new card for a legendary creature first printed in Legends

A card that mechanically references, by name, a nonbasic card first printed in Alpha

A "Magus of" - that is, a Human Wizard that exactly replicates the effect of an older artifact, enchantment, land, instant, or sorcery

A card with both a non-evergreen mechanic that was first printed in or before Scourge and one that was first printed in or after Mirrodin

A card that uses either physical dexterity or ante
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Your submissions are tentatively due Sunday, July 18th, 23:59 EST.
Contestants:
@bravelion83
@slimytrout

Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (May 31st-June 8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (June 9th-16th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due June 18th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (June 22nd–25th)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due June 27th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (July 1st-4th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due July 6th)
  • Final (July, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

• A new card for a legendary creature first printed in Legends

Ramirez DePietro

Ramirez, Immortal Pirate 2UB
Legendary Creature — Spirit Pirate (R)
Menace
Whenever Ramirez, Immortal Pirate enters the battlefield, you draw a card and create a Treasure token.
1, Sacrifice three Treasure tokens: Return Ramirez from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
"Have I lost my loot? Again?!?"
3/3

• A card that mechanically references, by name, a nonbasic card first printed in Alpha

Elvish Growth-Mage 2G
Creature — Elf Wizard (U)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose one —
• Create a copy of Giant Growth. If you do, cast the copy. (You still pay its cost.)
• Other creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
"Individuals grow. Environments grow. It's just a matter of how to best let nature do its job."
2/2

• A "Magus of" - that is, a Human Wizard that exactly replicates the effect of an older artifact, enchantment, land, instant, or sorcery

Magus of the Mine 3U
Creature — Human Wizard (R)
At the beginning of each player's draw step, if Magus of the Mine is untapped, that player draws an additional card.
Fearful howls resound in the abandoned mine.
2/3

• A card with both a non-evergreen mechanic that was first printed in or before Scourge and one that was first printed in or after Mirrodin

Arcbound Feline 2W
Creature — Cat (U)
Modular 2 (This creature enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it. When it dies, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
Amplify 1 (As this creature enters the battlefield, put an additional +1/+1 counter on it for each Cat card you reveal in your hand.)
It strikes with the strength of all its pride.
0/0

• A card that uses either physical dexterity or ante

Luckling 4U
Creature — Shapeshifter (M)
Remove Luckling from your deck before playing if you're not playing for ante.
As Luckling enters the battlefield, each player puts a creature they control, a creature card from their graveyard, or a creature card they own in exile into the ante zone.
Luckling has all supertypes, card types, subtypes, and abilities of cards in the ante zone.
Luckling's power is equal to the total power of creature cards in the ante zone and its toughness is equal to those cards' total toughness.
*/*
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

Rubinia, the Whispersong GUW
Legendary Creature - Faerie Wizard (R)
Flying
q: Gain control of target creature for as long as Rubinia, the Whispersong remains untapped.
A beautiful voice echoes faintly among the trees, drawing curious travelers ever deeper into the woods.
3/3

Nesting Bowerbird 1GW
Creature - Bird (R)
Flying
T: Add one mana of any color.
Whenever Nesting Bowerbird deals combat damage to a player, create a 0/1 green Bird creature token named Birds of Paradise. It has flying and "T: Add one mana of any color."
2/2

Magus of the Tomb BG
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
T: Add CC. Magus of the Tomb deals 2 damage to you.
"I do not seek glory for myself, but rather to preserve the splendor of those long dead."
2/2

Last Words 1B
Sorcery (U)
Draw a card. Each player loses 1 life.
Fateful Hour - If you have 5 or less life, this spell has storm. (When you cast a spell with storm, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn.)
It is said that in their final seconds, men speak the truest words of their entire lives.

Jenga!™ 1UR
Enchantment (Un-R)
At the beginning of each end step, use one hand to remove a card from the middle of target opponent's library (without separating it into two distinct libraries) and exile it. You may play that card from exile as long you control Jenga!™
Whenever you cause the top card of an opponent's library to touch you or the table, sacrifice Jenga!™

(N.B.: yes, Hasbro owns Jenga!)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The (provisional) deadline is swiftly approaching so as a courtesy to the finalists I will bump this thread.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And with both finalists having posted all their cards, the round is closed! Poll coming up very soon...

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”