Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Stench

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 38 (+3)
JovialJovian 34 (+1)
void_nothing 26 (+3)
bravelion83 22 (+2)
netn10 19 (+0)
dyd 19 (+4)
haywire 13
Pygyzy 7 (+1)
Venedrex 4
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Affinity
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Dyd (lays an egg gave me a chuckle), slimytrout

Mindbreach 4u
Sorcery (C)
Affinity for instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard.
Draw two cards.
"Where we're going, you don't need eyes to see."

Iiw: Urban Horror
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Sisay's Convocation xxgw
Sorcery
Affinity for legendary permanents.
Repeat the following process X times. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a legendary permanent card with mana value X or less. Put that card onto the battlefield or into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

IIW: adventure & party (the mechanics)
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Pygyzy, bravelion83

Give It All 6GW
Sorcery (Rare)
Affinity for number of players.
Each player may put a permanent card of each type from their hand onto the battlefield.

IIW: Mono green or mono black vehicle matter card.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

Hungry Revenant 6UB
Creature — Zombie (R)
Affinity for creature cards in all graveyards (This spell costs 1 less for each creature card in all graveyards.)
Imprint — When Hungry Revenant enters the battlefield, exile a creature card from a graveyard.
3U: Hungry Revenant becomes a copy of the exiled card. (This effect lasts indefinitely.)
0/1

IIW: morph, manifest and/or foretell
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
dyd, void_nothing

The Second Legacy 5
Legendary Artifact (R)
Affinity for Urza's
1, T: Search your library for a land card, then reveal it. Shuffle and put it on top of your library.
8, Exile The Second Legacy: Exile target permanent. Take an additional turn after this one.
Even after his death, Urza left behind the key to saving Dominaria — but only for those who knew him well enough to find it.

IIW: old creature types
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: void_nothing, dyd (Though I am disappointed about the type line)

Biting Flies XB
Tribal Instant - Insect (C)
Affinity for Insects (This spell costs 1 less to cast for each Insect you control.)
Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn.

IIW: Court intrigue
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, slimytrout

Hand of Argentum 6WW
Creature - Avatar (R)
Affinity for artifacts
Vigilance
Artifacts you control have "T: Exile this artifact and target creature. Return each of them to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step."
4/4

IIW: Lost travelers
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, slimytrout

Unfazed Farmhand 1g
Creature - Human Peasant
Deathtouch, reach
"City dandies...."
1/1
//
Cattle Effluvium 2g
Instant - Adventure
Up to one target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Creatures lose flying until end of turn.

IIW: an artifact in a color combination that's never been used on artifacts
SPOILER
Show
Hide
that would be any of: , all three-color combinations other than and , all four-color combinations other than

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, JovialJovian

Striped Skunk 1G
Creature - Skunk (Uncommon)
Whenever Striped Skunk attacks, tap each other creature with less power than it.
2/2

IIW: Nongreen nonblack squirrel.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: Pygyzy, JovialJovian

Stinking Miasma 2BB
Sorcery (U)
All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn. If a creature would be put into a graveyard this way, exile it instead.

IIW: morph, manifest and/or foretell

thank you @Pygyzy for your reminder
Last edited by bravelion83 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Void_nothing, Bravelion83

Gross Goblin 2R
Creature - Goblin Fungus (SB-C)
Gross (This card can't be blocked except by Spirit, Zombie, Skeleton, Ooze, Fungus, or Goblin creatures.)
A stench so horrid, you'll envy the dead.
3/2

Iiw: Fowl
@bravelion83 don't forget your Iiw
Last edited by Pygyzy 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

Pygyzy, JovialJovian

Decaying Bog
Land - Swamp (R)
Decaying Bog enters the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, sacrifice a creature. If you do, add B. Otherwise, sacrifice Decaying Bog.
(T: Add B)

IIW: Horned animals

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: bravelion83, Pygyzy

Durian Flail 1
Artifact - Food Equipment (C)
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
Whenever equipped creature becomes blocked, each creature blocking it get -2/-0 until end of turn.
2, T, Sacrifice Durian Flail: You gain 3 life.
Equip 2

IIW: Herbs

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, slimytrout
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”