The DCC - June 11th, 2021

Locked Previous topicNext topic
bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Acids and bases can both be weak or strong. Strong ones completely dissociate in water (from now on I'll just give it for granted that we are in water), while weak ones only do so partially. Let's take for example a strong acid: hydrochloric acid (HCl). We can write its dissociation reaction in two ways, if you remember the definitions I gave you yesterday. Arrhenius would write:
HCl → H+ + Cl-
Brönsted and Lowry would write:
HCl + H2O → H3O+ + Cl-
H3O+ is just another form of H+, it's just that the hydrogen ion is chemically bonded to a molecule of water, but it's really just equivalent. Traditionally, there are only seven strong acids: in addition to hydrochloric acid (HCl), we have hydrofluoric acid (HF), hydrobromic acid (HBr), hydrogen iodide (HI), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), perchloric acid (HClO4), and sulfuric acid (H2SO4). All other acids are weak. There are just too many strong bases to be listed, at this point just know that ammonia is weak and most hydroxides are strong, such as sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2, the parentheses mean that the index 2 applies to both atoms of oxygen and hydrogen). Tomorrow we'll see how to write the dissociation reaction of a weak acid or base. For now just notice that in both reactions that I've written the arrow points to the right, meaning the reaction is complete.

DCC Scoreboard

JessWill 33 (+7)
emily 28
folding_music 22
netn10 21 (+1)
bravelion83 18 (+1)
void_nothing 15 (+1)
JovialJovian 13 (+4)
RIthaniel 12
saltyplumsoda 9 (+2)
marioguy3 3

bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, JessWill

Secret Passage 4
Artifact (U)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
Evoke 1 (You may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
folding_music wrote:
2 years ago
votes: JessWill (planescape reference?), JovialJovian
everyone's card ruled

Obuun's Familiar 1g
Creature - Elemental (C)
Play Obuun's Familiar only if at least two lands entered the battlefield this turn.
When Obuun's Familiar enters the battlefield, return target land you control to its owner's hand.
Flash
3/3
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: saltyplumsoda, JessWill

Ryluland, God of Elves 2GG
Legendary Creature - God Elf (Rare)
Other elves you control gets +1/+1 and have indestructible.
"I am of the Einir, and through me, the lineage continue."
4/4
/// MDFC ///
Whispering Rootgold 1B
Legendary Artifact - Treasure (Rare)
You may cast Elf cards from your graveyard.
If an Elf card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, exiled it instead.
T, Sacrifice Whispering Rootgold: Add one mana of any color.
emily wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, JessWill
HM: saltyplumsoda (neat reference!)

Kozilek's Legacy 5CC
Tribal Sorcery — Eldrazi (R)
Draw four cards. Create four 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature tokens with "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
JessWill wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Bravelion83, SaltyPlumSoda
FoldingMusic: Indeed, I'm a Planescape Freak

Power of One W
Instant (C)
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Incarnate R (R: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield transformed.)
///
Githzerai Warrior
Creature - Gith Warrior (C)
First Strike
When Githzerai Warrior dies, exile it instead of putting it into your graveyard.
1/1
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Thalakos Manipulator 2UU
Creature - Thalakos Wizard (U)
Shadow
Whenever Thalakos Manipulator attacks, you may tap or untap another target creature.
2/3
saltyplumsoda wrote:
2 years ago
votes: Jesswill, JovialJovian

Barroom Braggart 3R
Creature - Human Warrior Coward (R)
Creatures your opponents control must block Barroom Braggart if able and must fight Barroom Braggart if able.
If Barroom Braggart would block, be blocked by, or fight a creature with greater power, instead return it to its owner's hand.
"Come at me, bro!"
4/4
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: emily, JessWill

Wall of Text 4
Artifact Creature - Wall (Mythic)
T: Choose a card name that hasn't been chosen from among Shahrazad, Balduvian Shaman, Chains of Mephistopheles, Raging River,
Garruk Relentless, and Ice Cauldron. Create a copy of the card with the chosen name. You may cast the copy. (You still pay its costs.)
0/8

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 2 years ago

votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Ensorcelled Inducer
Artifact Creature - Golem (R)
Protection from creatures with magnet counters on them
: Put a magnet counter on target permanent.
The first time each turn an Aura or Equipment card enters a graveyard from the battlefield, you may return that card to the battlefield and attach it to a permanent with a magnet counter on it.
3/3

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: emily, void_nothing

Insistent Zombie 3B
Creature — Zombie (U)
Menace
Cycling 2B (2B, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
5B: Return Insistent Zombie from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
3/2
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

emily
No TERFs on Gruul Turf
Answers: 1
Pronoun: she / her

Post by emily » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, JessWill

Thassa's Infiltrator UU
Creature — Merfolk Rogue (U)
As long as your devotion to blue is five or more, Thassa's Infiltrator has ward 2.
As long as your devotion to blue is eight or more, Thassa's Infiltrator gets +2/+2 and can't be blocked.
2/2
Spelled with a lowercase "e". Formerly master_of_the_universe on MTGsalvation. Two time DCC champ (06/21, 07/21).

JessWill
Bad %$#% gamer
Pronoun: she / her

Post by JessWill » 2 years ago

Votes: FoldingMusic, Netn10

Astral Visions 3RW
Enchantment (R)
Skip your draw step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library.
You may play face-up cards you own from exile.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, saltyplumsoda

Saproling Territory 1G
Enchantment (R)
Whenever one or more nontoken creatures you control block, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
1G, Sacrifice a Saproling: Another target permanent you control gains hexproof until end of turn. If that permanent is a creature, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

saltyplumsoda
Pronoun: they / them

Post by saltyplumsoda » 2 years ago

votes: emily, void_nothing

Mishra's Sapper 2
Creature - Pest (R)
Urza'swalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls an Urza's land.)
Whenever an opponent taps an Urza's land for mana, it produces C instead of any other color or amount of mana.
2/1

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”