Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Overload

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 13 (+2)
JovialJovian 10 (+4)
haywire 10 (+1)
void_nothing 10 (+2)
bravelion83 6 (+2)
dyd 4 (+0)
netn10 3 (+1)
Venedrex 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Nontraditional undead
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Entity of Decay 1BB
Creature - Zombie Avatar (R)
Entity of Decay enters the battlefield with four -1/-1 counters on it.
Entity of Decay has indestructible as long as it has a -1/-1 counter on it.
Whenever Entity of Decay deals damage to a creature, move a -1/-1 counter from it onto that creature.
Whenever a creature with a -1/-1 counter on it dies, put a -1/-1 counter on Entity of Decay.
6/6

IIW: Pre-defined tokens (New or existing)
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

Desert Horror 5BB
Creature — Horror (R)
Desert Horror's power and toughness are equal to the total number of creature cards in all graveyards.
When Desert Horror enters the battlefield, you may destroy all other creatures.
*/*

IIW: druids
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JoviaJovian, haywire

Shadow of the Labyrinth 4B
Creature - Minotaur Zombie (Rare)
Whenever you activate an ability of a land named Labyrinth of Skophos that isn't a mana ability, return Shadow of the Labyrinth from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Escape-BBB, Exile three other cards from your graveyard.
4/5

IIW: A card that mentions an existing card.
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Memorial to Heroes 2ww
Enchantment
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, if it attacked or blocked this turn, you may exile it. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's it's a white Reflection in addition to its other colors and types, and it has defender and flying.

IIW: change the text
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
JovialJovian, void_nothing

Swelling-Soil Zubera 2GG
Creature - Zubera Spirit (U)
When Swelling-Soil Zubera dies, if 4 or more damage was dealt to it this turn, return another target card from your graveyard to your hand.
3/3

IIW: Competition
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, slimytrout

Rachab Eternal 4BB
Creature - Zombie Leviathan Demon (R)
Flash
Afflict 4
At the beginning of each end step, each opponent loses 1 life for each creature they control that attacked this turn and each creature that attacked them this turn. You draw a card for each player who lost 4 or more life this way.
The rachabs were not among Amonkhet's native demons. The God-Pharaoh bred them himself, for the sheer enjoyment of triumphing over the image of his first foe again and again.
6/4

IIW: Lakes and rivers
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

Ruinous Helix 1(w/b)(b/r)
Sorcery
Lifelink
Choose one —
- Ruinous Helix deals 3 damage to target opponent.
- Ruinous Helix deals 3 damage to target permanent you don't control that's a creature or planeswalker.
Entwine 3 (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
Overload rrwwbb (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.")

IIW: mix and match card

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, JovialJovian

holder

IIW: druids
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Bad Luck 1RB
Sorcery (R)
This spell can't be countered.
Destroy target creature.
Overload 4RB (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".)
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, dyd

Unleash the Possibilities 2UR
Enchantment (Mythic)
Spells you cast are overloaded and entwined.

IIW: One-line Mythic

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

dyd, JovialJovian

hm: bravelion83 (could use a "if you cast it from your hand")

Educate 3U
Instant (C)
Scry 2.
Target player draws two cards.
Overload 2W (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".)

IIW: Enchantment mechanics

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, netn10 (though the name makes me think of a Shade rather than a Zombie)

Break Ranks 2(B/R)(B/R)
Instant (U)
Tap target untapped creature. Each creature tapped this way deals damage equal to its power to its controller.
Overload 2BBRR

IIW: Unearth

haywire

Post by haywire » 2 years ago

votes: netn10, dyd

Glorious Tranquility
Instant {R}
Choose target permanent an opponent controls. Whenever a permanent chosen this way would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage. You gain life equal to the damage prevented this way.
Overload

IIW: Gods with other creature types (a la Svyelun of Sea and Sky)

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Savage Uprising
Sorcery (R)
Target creature you control fights up to one creature you don't control.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.")

IIW: Plants
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

bravelion83 void_nothing
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, slimytrout

Stimulating Current 1U
Instant (R)
Untap target tapped artifact or creature you control. Draw a card for each permanent untapped in this way.
Overload 4UUU

IIW: Allies outside of Zendikar
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”