Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Tricolor Equipment

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
haywire 4 (+4)
void_nothing 3 (+3)
slimytrout 3 (+3)
bravelion83 2 (+2)
Venedrex 2 (+2)
netn10 1 (+1)
dyd 1 (+1)
JovialJovian 0 (+0)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Lessons that cost 0
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: haywire,slimytrout

Fundamentals of Defense 0
Sorcery - Lesson
Target permanent gains ward 1 until end of turn.
"No Miss Wola, we are not exploring phasing spells until next semester."

IIW: lessons that cost x
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: haywire, Venedrex

Graduation Party 0
Sorcery (Mythic)
If you control an Elemental, a Fractal, an Inkling, a Pest and a Spirit, you win the game.

IIW: Mono blue aggro or mono green control.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

Introduction to History 0
Sorcery — Lesson (U)
Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was a creature card, you may pay 3. If you do, create a red and white 3/2 Spirit creature token.

IIW: druids
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Time-Out 0
Sorcery - Lesson (U)
Exile target creature you control. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control.

IIW: Overload
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
bravelion83, haywire

Prestidigitation 0
Sorcery - Lesson (C)
Draw a card, then put a card from your hand on top of your library.
Korrk was sure he hadn't left a coin behind his ear.

IIW: 5+ MV cantrips
haywire wrote:
2 years ago
slimytrout, void_nothing
Multitasking
Sorcery - Lesson {R}
When a learn ability you control causes you to reveal or discard Multitasking, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
The next time a spell or ability you control would cause you to learn this turn, learn twice instead.
And so the next step in the pest reproductive cycle is... chiaroscuro? No, no, no, I can't keep getting my subjects confused like this.

IIW: "unless any player pays"
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
dyd netn10
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: haywire, Venedrex

Apothecary Practice 0
Sorcery - Lesson (U)
Up to one target creature gets +1/+0 or -1/-0 until end of turn.
Shuffle up to one target card from your graveyard into your library.
You gain 1 life.
There are tinctures and unguents made to produce any result imaginable, on mind, body, or soul.

IIW: Wintry animals
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

HM: netn10 for a turn-1 win combo with changelings
Edit
Show
Hide
Edit: @netn10 I believe that, the way it's worded, it can "see" the same creature for all requirements ;)
E.g. from Coalition Victory's rules clarification in Gatherer: When Coalition Victory resolves, it checks for the five basic land types (Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest) and the five colors (white, blue, black, red, green). If a single land has multiple types and/or a single creature is multiple colors, it will count all those types and/or colors.
The same with Necra Sanctuary

Sigil of Excellence gwu
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Sigil of Excellence enters the battlefield with a counter on it of each of the following kinds - flying, first strike, hexproof, lifelink, reach, trample, vigilance, and +1/+1.
Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Whenever equipped creature attacks alone, untap it. You may move a counter from Sigil of Excellence onto equipped creature.
Equip 2

IIW: Trolltunga
Last edited by dyd 2 years ago, edited 6 times in total.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: haywire, void_nothing

@dyd: you'll need 5 different creatures for that.

Behemoth's Saddle RGW
Artifact - Equipment (Rare)
Equipped creature has trample and vigilance.
Equipped creature gets +0/+1 for each plains you control.
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 for each mountain you control.
Equip creature with power 5 or more 0

IIW: Draw 7 with nonred nonblue card

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: haywire, slimytrout

Vendrus, the Crown of Nails WBR
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (M)
Equipped creature gets +2/-2 and has first strike and wither.
2WBR, T, sacrifice equipped creature: Transform Vendrus, the Crown of Nails.
Equip 4
-----
Vendrus, the King of Nails
(B/R)Legendary Artifact Creature - Elder Devil (M)
Double strike, wither
When this creature transforms into Vendrus, the King of Nails, it deals 2 damage to each other creature and each player.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, that player loses life equal to the number of -1/-1 counters on that creature.
Equipped creatures you control have wither.
4/5

IIW: Obscure mtg lore
Last edited by JovialJovian 2 years ago, edited 7 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Mardu Weapons RWB
Artifact — Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and has haste, vigilance, and lifelink.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 2. If you do, attach Mardu Weapons to that creature.
Equip 4

IIW: druids
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

JovialJovian, bravelion83

Etherium Bracers WUB
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Whenever an artifact creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach Etherium Bracers to it.
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has protection from non-artifacts.
Equip 3

IIW: becomes a creature

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

slimytrout haywire
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

haywire

Post by haywire » 2 years ago

slimytrout, bravelion83

World-Eater Blade
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Sacrifice a land: Add . Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
Equipped creature has trample, haste and gets +2/+0 for each different name among land cards in your graveyard.
As long as you control 3 or fewer lands, World-Eater Blade and equipped creature have indestructible, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color.
Equip

IIW: -1/-1 counters

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Staff of Three Tales 1GUR
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Equipped creature has "T: Return target card with the same mana value as this creature from your graveyard to your hand," "T: Counter target noncreature spell unless its controller pays X, where X is this creature's toughness," and "T: This creature deals damage to any target equal to its power."
Equip 3

IIW: Nontraditional undead
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”