Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Modern Horizons 2 card ideas

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 83 (+3)
netn10 56 (+1)
dyd 49 (+0)
JovialJovian 49 (+2)
bravelion83 48
void_nothing 32 (+1)
Venedrex 17 (+5)
Pygyzy 7
TheAmericanSpirit 5
MonoRedMage 5 (+4)
caulkwrangler 3
Riria 2
haywire 1
duducrash 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Mana costs that have never been done before
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, MonoRedMage

Reset the Plane RRGGWWUU
Sorcery (M)
Exile each permanent and each card from each player's hand. For each nonland card you own exiled this way, put X time counters on it where X is its mana value and that card gains suspend if it doesn't have it.
Restart the game, leaving in exile all cards exiled this way.
Karn and the Gatewach attempted a last desperate mesaure to stop New Phyrexia.

IIW: Oath of <some planeswalker>
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

I know it's strange but this mana cost has never been done, you can verify it in Gatherer here: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Sear ... [m/(R/G)/].

Spiteful Tree 1{R/G}{R/G}
Creature — Treefolk (R)
Reach
When Spiteful Tree enters the battlefield, you may have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature you don't control.
Its height surpasses all the trees in the forest. Its branches are a danger in the air and its roots on the ground.
2/3

IIW: light
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
MonoRedMage, Venedrex

Prismatic Burst XWUBRG
Sorcery (R)
Return each creature card with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Target player draws X cards.
Destroy up to X target creatures.
You may cast a spell with mana value X or less from your hand without paying its mana cost.
Creatures you control get +X/+X and gain haste until end of turn.

IIW: Revenge
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
Gotta say, I don't know much about Forgotten Realms characters, and though I dove into the wiki when designing my own card, I'm not doing so now. So these votes are purely on the merit of the card, not the accuracy of the flavor.
votes: MonoRedMage, Venedrex

The Great Conduit EEEE
Legendary Creature - Elemental Avatar (M)
Flying
The Great Conduit's power and toughness are each equal to the amount of E you have.
UR, pay EE: Copy target permanent spell you control. (The copy becomes a token.)
GU, pay EE: Return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
GUR: You get E
*/*

IIW: Overload
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, Venedrex

Chaotic Order URRW
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever a creature becomes tapped, add R.
Whenever a creature becomes untapped, discard a card, then draw a card.

IIW: Two mechanics never been on the same card.
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: MonoRedMage, slimytrout

Arcane Command
Instant (M)
Choose one —
Draw four cards.
Counter up to two target spells.
Return up to three nonland permanents to their owner's hand.
Gain control of target permanent an opponent controls.

IIW: Mono-colored Ultimatums
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
netn10 venedrex
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, JovialJovian

Sacred Spellforging 3RRW
Enchantment (M)
RRW, Sacrifice a nonland, nontoken permanent: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Instant and sorcery spell copies and activated and triggered ability copies you control have "Create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying."

IIW: Cards that feel like cards from 2000
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes bravelion83 slimytrout

Undeath's Shadow
Sorcery (M)
Suspend X where X is your life total — b (Rather than cast this card from your hand, pay b and exile it with X time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)
Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)
You may mill cards equal to your life total.
Return a creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It's also a black Avatar.

IIW: permanent with epic
Last edited by dyd 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Venedrex

Visceral Necromancy 2BB
Enchantment (Mythic)
Creature and planeswalker cards you own have cycling 2 and unearth 1B.
Planeswalkers around the multiverse bring their dead friends to Grixis in hope that the natural conditions of the shards will spark life, even for a brief, twisted moment.

IIW: Equipment matter black-blue uncommon signpost.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Persistent Brain-Eater 2BB
Creature — Zombie (R)
Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
2, Remove a -1/-1 counter from Persistent Brain-Eater: Remove a counter from target creature or planeswalker an opponent controls.
3/3

IIW: light
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

bravelion83, JovialJovian

Portentous Ritual 2R
Sorcery (C)
Add RRRR.
Foretell R (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost.)

IIW: One evergreen and one non-evergreen keyword ability

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Ancient Su-Chi
Artifact Creature - Construct (R)
Suspend 2 - 4
When Ancient Su-Chi dies, add CCCC.
Evoke 4
4/4

IIW: Copy other cards by name (like Garth One-Eye)

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Qualmorn, Time's Undoing
Legendary Creature — Sphinx Wizard (M)
Flying, vigilance
, : For each counter on target spell, enchantment, or creature, put up to X of those counters on that spell or permanent,
, : For each counter on target spell, enchantment, or creature, remove up to X of those counters on that spell or permanent,
"Yes, we've met, and no, you don't have to worry about side effects."
5/5

IIW: Draft signpost uncommons.
Last edited by Venedrex 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

dyd jovialjovian
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, netn10

Chronosavants' War Council 2W
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a player skips a turn or takes an extra turn, create a 5/5 white Giant Warrior creature token.
4W: Exile target spell or nonland permanent and put three time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. You skip your next turn. Activate only during your turn and only once each turn.

IIW: Bones
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”