Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
More Forgotten Realms legends

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 75 (+5)
netn10 51 (+3)
dyd 47 (+0)
JovialJovian 46
bravelion83 46 (+4)
void_nothing 31
Venedrex 8 (+1)
Pygyzy 7
TheAmericanSpirit 5 (+3)
caulkwrangler 3
Riria 2
haywire 1
duducrash 1
MonoRedMage 1
.::Note of the Day::.

Since this thread is out pretty late, tomorrow's edition will be posted several hours earlier than this.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Hypothetical Ravnica cards
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: TheAmericanSpirit, bravelion83

Lazav's Coup uuubbb
Sorcery
Gain control of target legendary or multicolored creature. Its name becomes Lazav's Duplicate, it becomes legendary in addition to its other types, and it gains ward 5.
Destroy each other creature that's legendary and/or multicolored.

IIW: counter counter
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, slimytrout

Ghor-Clan Warrior 2{R/G}{R/G}{R/G}
Creature — Human Warrior (R)
Haste
At the beginning of your end step, if Ghor-Clan Warrior attacked this turn, you may have it fight target creature you don't control.
"No use in having two arms if you don't use them both to do a double punch!"
4/3

IIW: light
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, slimytrout

Cult Charm
Instant (Common)
Choose one —
• Target opponent loses 1 life.
• Target creature gains menace until end of turn.
• Target creature gets +1/-1 until end of turn.

IIW: Two mechanics never seen before on the same card.
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: bravelion83, TheAmericanSpirit

High Theocrat Teysa Karlov 2WUB
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (M)
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, that player mills a card for each -1/-1 counter on that creature.
Whenever a creature card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.
With the Azorius leadership in disarray and her connections with House Dimir, little stood in the way of Teysa's consolidation of political power.
3/4

IIW: Overload
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
bravelion83, netn10 (missing an "until EOT" though)

Not exactly sure what makes one card more hypothetical than another...

Tomik, Corrupt Advokist 2WB
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
At the beginning of each upkeep, choose one:
• Spells cost 1 more to cast this turn.
• Spells cost 1 less to cast this turn.
3/3

IIW: Mana costs that have never been done before
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, slimytrout

Golgari Rot Farmer
Creature — Insect Peasant (U)
Whenever another creature you control dies, you may pay . If you do, create a Food token. (It's an artifact with ", , Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")
3/3

IIW: Putting new mechanics in old factions.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
netn10 slimytrout
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: TheAmericanSpirit, slimytrout
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, Venedrex

Wulfgar 3rw
Legendary Creature - Human Barbarian
Reach, vigilance
When Wulfgar enters the battlefield, create Aegis-fang, a legendary red Equipment artifact with "Equip legendary creature 3", "t: Equipped creature gets +5/+0 until end of turn", and "Whenever equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature with greater power, unattach Aegis-Fang and destroy that creature". Attach Aegis-Fang to Wulfgar.
3/3

IIW: 2+ keywords that work from graveyard (e.g. unearth, embalm, flashback, scavenge, ...)

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, Venedrex

For now, no card from me today. I don't know the Forgotten Realms well enough to do this. I could look them up, and maybe I will, or maybe not, but I'm afraid I can't make them justice anyway. We'll see.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, slimytrout

I don't know anything about Forgotten Realms... I hope I'm not butchering the character.

Artemis Entreri 4BG
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (Mythic)
Flash
First strike, deathtouch, hexproof, lifelink, vigilance, haste
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Artemis Entreri dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Artemis Entreri.
T: Artemis Entreri deals 1 damage to any target.
3/3

IIW: Mix and match cards.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

bravelion83, Venedrex

For the record, I also know nothing about Forgotten Realms other than what I've looked up about the characters previewed so far. Mainly proposed this challenge so that I would have to learn the lore a little better.

Jarlaxle, Dapper Drow 2UB
Legendary Creature - Elf Rogue (R)
First strike
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Jarlaxle, Dapper Drow this turn dies, return that creature to the battlefield under your control.
"Death is such a crude instrument."
3/4

IIW: Quiet

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: netn10, slimytrout

Pale Night, Mother of Demons WBBBU
Legendary Creature - Demon God (M)
If Pale Night, Mother of Demons is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
Indestructible, protection from creatures.
Pale Night isn't a creature unless you control nine or more other Demons, Horrors, and/or Nightmares.
Demon, Horror, and Nightmare spells you cast cost 3 less and an additional 4 life to cast.
9/9

IIW: Overload

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, netn10

Apologies to any D&D fans if this is a total butchery

Erevis Cale
Legendary Creature — Shade Rouge (R)
Ward
Sacrifice a Swamp: Erevis Cale gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
: Erevis Cale can't be blocked this turn.
3/3

IIW: Modern Horizons 2 card ideas.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

dyd venedrex
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

Jalynfein, Spider Mage BBG
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard (R)
Protection from Spiders and from creatures with deathtouch
X, T, Pay X life: Create X 1/2 green Spider creature tokens with reach.
Whenever Jalynfein attacks and isn't blocked, you may pay 2B. If you do, creatures defending player controls get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of Spiders you control.
2/4

IIW: Scary Djinns
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 2 years ago

Votes - netn10, slimytrout

Coran, Hedonistic Helper 1R
Legendary Creature - Elf Advisor {R}
Whenever you cast a spell from exile, you may untap another target creature with mana value equal to that spell's mana value and gain control of it until end of turn. That creature gains haste until end of turn.
2RR, T: Exile the top two cards of your library. You may play those cards until the end of your next turn.
1/1

IIW - Gold tokens

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”