New Challenge Every Day - May 21st: a Vehicle that resembles a famous creature card

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
a Vehicle that resembles a famous creature card

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 66 (+3)
dyd 47 (+4)
netn10 46 (+0)
JovialJovian 44 (+3)
bravelion83 38 (+3)
void_nothing 31 (+2)
Pygyzy 7
Venedrex 3
caulkwrangler 3 (+3)
Riria 2
TheAmericanSpirit 2
haywire 1
duducrash 1
MonoRedMage 1
.::Note of the Day::.

Would anyone be interested in hosting this contest next month?

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Three-colored common
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Roaring Tigersaur (b/r)w
Creature - Cat Dinosaur
~ enters the battlefield with your choice of a vigilance counter or a menace counter on it.
Survival in the apex hunter's territory requires an instinctive balance between prudence and aggression.
2/2

IIW: ostrichs and orchids in an orchard
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

Inner Fire GUR
Instant (C)
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains haste until end of turn. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, draw a card.
Temur shamans are used to having visions of dancing fire. They are a combination of courage and curiosity.

IIW: light
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: dyd, void_nothing

Anglarantula 2GWU
Creature - Fish Spider (C)
Vigilance, reach
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, up to one target creature that player controls attacks you this turn if able.
3/5

IIW: Overload
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Jovialjovian, caulkwrangler

Ooh, I like this one. How about a cycle?

Abzan Kinblade {G/W}B

Creature — Dog Soldier

As long as you control another multicolored permanent, Abzan Kinblade gets +1/+1 and has mentor.

2/1

Mardu Furyblade {B/R}W

Creature — Orc Soldier

As long as you control another multicolored permanent, Mardu Furyblade gets +1/+1 and has provoke.

2/1

Sultai Terrorblade {U/B}G

Creature — Zombie Soldier

As long as you control another multicolored permanent, Sultai Terrorblade gets +1/+1 and has undying.

2/1

Temur Huntblade {R/G}U

Creature — Human Soldier

As long as you control another multicolored permanent, Temur Huntblade gets +1/+1 and has evolve.

2/1

Jeskai Wayblade {w/u}R

Creature — Djinn Soldier

As long as you control another multicolored permanent, Jeskai Wayblade gets +1/+1 and has prowess.

2/1

IIW: street magic
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: caulkwrangler, slimytrout

Mardu's Misery 2WBR
Instant (Common)
Mardu's Misery deals 3 damage to to target creature or planeswalker and 3 damage to its controller. You gain 6 life.
"We suffer so much, to quell it, we must share our pain."
- Shirex, Mardu Battle-Singer

IIW: Vehicle from modern horizon 2.
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
bravelion83, dyd

Careful Cut 3WUB
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. Draw a card.
"Measure twice, kill once."

IIW: End of days
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, dyd

Blood Thrash Shaman
Creature — Viashino Shaman (C)
Sacrifice another creature: Creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
Viashino warriors quickly learn to be aggressive upon seeing the fate of those who are slow to join in battle.
3/2

IIW: Hypothetical Ravnica cards.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
dyd slimytrout
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: caulkwrangler, JovialJovian

Crossbow Deadeyes 1RGW
Creature - Goblin Soldier Archer (C)
Reach, haste
2: Untap target creature with reach you control.
3/3

IIW: Very high numbers
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Amphibious Aethercraft 1gu
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Whenever Amphibious Aethercraft attacks, you gain 3 life and draw a card, then you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Crew 3
{G}{G}{U}{U}, Exile three other artifact and/or creature cards from your graveyard: Return Amphibious Aethercraft from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
"Being fast has never been this comfortable."
6/6

IIW: justifiable non-blue non-colorless counterspell

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, Venedrex

Spellcaster Truck 1U
Artifact - Vehicle (Mythic)
Whenever you crew Spellcaster Truck, target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback. Its flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
Crew 1
2/1

IIW: White draws a lot of cards.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

Votes: venedrex, bravelion

Souleater Dreadnought 1

Artifact - Vehicle Rare

Trample, crew 12

Whenever you crew ~, sacrifice each creature tapped this way at the beginning of the next end step.

12/12

IIW: card advantage instant with opponent input, a la Fact or Fiction
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, Venedrex

Metalgoyf 1G
Artifact — Vehicle (R)
Metalgoyf's power is equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1.
Crew 2
*/*+1
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

bravelion83, Venedrex

Hellride 2RR
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Haste
Whenever a creature you control attacks or crews a Vehicle, Hellride deals 1 damage to target player.
Crew 2
Gets great traction on all varieties of intentions!
3/3

IIW: More Forgotten Realms legends

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Massacre Engine
Artifact — Vehicle (R)
When Massacre Engine enters the battlefield, creatures your opponents control get -2/-2 until end of turn.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies that player loses 2 life.
, Sacrifice Massacre Engine: Creatures your opponents control get -3/-3 until end of turn. Activate this ability only if Massacre Engine is a creature.
Crew 6
6/5

IIW: Mono-colored Ultimatums
Last edited by Venedrex 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

bravelion83 netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”