The DCC - May 16th, 2021

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Today's Norse mythology fact: Loki is often portrayed in popular accounts of Norse legends as Thor's foster brother, but in actuality, the sole mention of anyting even similar to this in the actual source literature is from Lokasenna. In that account Loki reminds Odin that the two of them had sworn blood-brotherhood long ago. We don't actually have any attestations for THAT story.

I know I have at least a couple of people regularly reading these. If there's something you'd like me to cover - like more of these dispelling popular misconceptions, or one of the things I've mentioned before as "I'll get to that another time" please let me know.

DCC Scoreboard

RattingRots 50 (+8)
void_nothing 40 (+2)
netn10 37 (+3)
JessWill 37 (+2)
Zemoo 30 (+3)
Rithaniel 27 (+0)
bravelion83 27 (+1)
marioguy3 10 (+2)
kwanyeegor-ii 4
Pygyzy 2 (+1)

Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Rattingrots, netn10

Quiet Isle
Land (R)
Quiet Isle enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step unless you pay 1.
t: Add U. The next time a creature you control would be the target of an instant or sorcery spell this turn, counter that spell.
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JessWill, RattingRots

Pure Journey 2G
Instant (Uncommon)
Exile target artifact or enchantment. If you cast Pure Journey from your graveyard, you may return that permanent at the end of turn.
Flashback WU
JessWill wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Netn10, RattingRots

Village Wisdom 2G
Creature - Human Shaman (U)
When Village Wisdom enters the battlefield, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a land card. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then put the rest of the cards revealed this way into your graveyard.
2/2
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: marioguy3, RattingRots

Oasis Pool
Land — Desert (R)
As Oasis Pool enters the battlefield, you may reveal another Desert card from your hand. If you don't, Oasis Pool enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add C.
T: Add one mana of any type that a land you control could produce.
RattingRots wrote:
2 years ago
marioguy3, Zemoo
marioguy3
Show
Hide
Just a minor note: To make the rules work, you have to word it like this:

Might Control
Enchantment — Aura (Rare)
Enchant creature with power 4 or greater.
~ may only target a creature an opponent controls.
You control enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.

The "enchant x" mechanic means that for the entire time the aura is enchanting something, it must follow that criteria. So if you play an "enchant creature opponent controls" and take control of that creature, the aura falls off.
Unnatural Growth 1UG
Sorcery (U)
Draw a card.
Put up to two land cards from your hand onto the battlefield.
Rithaniel wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, Zemoo

Re: RattingRots - What if you activate this ability and then the library is shuffled. How do you cast it if you don't know where it is?

Token of Kaleth
Enchantment U
When Token of Kaleth enters the battlefield, choose a color.
You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast spells with converted mana cost equal to the chosen number.
Kaleth sought to always have the correct tool for a particular job, no matter how niche that job might have been.
marioguy3 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Zemoo, bravelion83

Red Laser

Sorcery (Common)
Choose target Golem Cat you control. Each creature your opponents control must block that creature if able this combat.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
The echoes of the strange meows haunts their targets.
Zemoo wrote:
2 years ago
votes: RattingRots, void_nothing

The Meek Shall Inherit
Sorcery - (R)
Destroy all non-coward creatures with power greater than 1
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
netn10 pygyzy
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, JessWill

Dream Venom B
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets -3/-1.
Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, that creature's controller loses 3 life. At the beginning of the end step or when that creature dies this turn, attach Dream Venom to target creature that player controls.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JessWill
Bad %$#% gamer
Pronoun: she / her

Post by JessWill » 2 years ago

Votes: Pygyzy, RattingRots

Astral Journey 2W
Instant (U)
Exile target nonland permanent. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield under it's owner's control.
Incarnate 2WW (2WW: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield transformed.)
///
Astral Spirit
Creature - Spirit (U)
When Astral Spirit enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent until Astral Spirit leaves the battlefield.
When Astral Spirit dies, exile it instead of putting it into your graveyard.
2/2

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 2 years ago

Votes: JessWill, Zemo

Cattle Farm
Land (Rare)
: Add .
,: Create a 3/3 colorless Golem Cat artifact creature token. Activate only as a sorcery.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: RattingRots, netn10

Terror of the Snow 3U
Snow Creature — Yeti (R)
Terror of the Snow's power and toughness are each equal to the number of nonland snow permanents you control.
3S, T: Search your library for a Snow card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
*/*
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 24th 2024 - Added TLL #7 and #6).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 2 years ago

Rithaniel, Zemoo

Diverge UR
Instant (U)
The next time you cast an instant or sorcery spell this turn copy it. If it has converted mana cost 2 or less, return it to its owner's hand after it resolves.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: RattingRots, marioguy3

Upside Down W
Sorcery (Rare)
Target opponent exiles their hand until end of turn,
/// Fuse ///
Downside Up 2B
Sorcery (Rare)
Target opponent exiles all enchantments.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, Zemoo

Re: void_nothing - I'd be down for some recountings of the interesting stories, like the one where Loki and Thor (and I believe someone else) travel to the hall of some giant and they have to complete these competitive tasks.

Cavern of Bells
Land R
: Add .
: Add one mana of any color a nonland permanent you control could produce.
The Nomads of Ikoso Vhra found the caves, one day, and noticed how it would echo the sounds they made. A few of them wondered how it would sound to ring a bell in that place.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

jesswill rattingrots
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: RattingRots, Zemoo

Leafbind Shaman 2GG
Creature - Treefolk Shaman (R)
Ward 1
Enchantment spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast.
Discard Leafbind Shaman: Tap target artifact. It loses all abilities until end of turn.
3/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Zemoo

Post by Zemoo » 2 years ago

votes: RattingRots, marioguy3

Galvanic Gnawer
Creature - Rat Mutant (U)
When ~ enters the battle field create
Pay : ~ deals x damage to target creature where x is the number of energy counters on on you.
2/3

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”