slimytrout
80%

Total votes: 5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

It's now time for public voting on the winner of the April CCL! As a reminder, the final challenge was:
For each of your round 3 and 4 cards, design a card that refers to it in its flavor text. Each of your cards must be monocolored and none of them can share a color or a card type.
And here are the entries:
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Limiter Hedron W
Artifact (U)
You may choose not to untap Limiter Hedron during your untap step.
2W, T: Target creature or planeswalker loses all abilities and becomes a creature with base power and toughness equal to its mana value for as long as Limiter Hedron remains tapped. Activate as a sorcery.
"To think such a small rock could have vexed me for so long."
—Ob Nixilis

Calandri, Scrapmaster 2R
Legendary Creature - Elemental Artificer (R)
T, Sacrifice an artifact or land: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
If you would sacrifice one or more permanents to pay a cost, you may instead exile cards of the appropriate type from your graveyard. (For example, if a spell or ability would have you sacrifice a Mountain to cast or activate it, you may exile a Mountain card from your graveyard instead.)
"I can do more than fix the Worldreaver. I can make it better."
2/3

Revitalizing Breeze 1G
Instant (U)
Rebound (If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast this card from exile without paying its mana cost.)
Untap all creatures you control. Then, if Revitalizing Breeze was cast from exile, the next time each creature you control becomes tapped this turn, untap it.
Where the West Wind blows, spirits raise and vitality flows.

Passing the Wealth 2BB
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, create a Treasure token, plus an addition Treasure token if that creature was legendary, plus an additional Treasure token if that creature's mana value was four or greater.
The first Aetherborn took great care to ensure their descendants could better enjoy their limited lives.
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
Final Draft 2BB
Instant (C)
Destroy target creature. If it's an enchanted creature or enchantment creature, its controller loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
"Drink this, and your pain will end."
-Larei, Disciple of Pharika

The Hekma, Restored 2W
Legendary Enchantment (U)
Permanents you control have ward 1. (Whenever a permanent you control becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays 1.)
Creatures you control get +0/+1.
"May the God-Survivor watch over us. May the fire of her passion keep the dark ones at bay."
-Prayer of New Naktamun

Miza, the First Ronin 1RR
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai (R)
Bushido 2 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
1R, Sacrifice Miza, the First Ronin: Miza deals damage equal to its power to any target.
"Bushi's honor has made him no more than a lapdog to the daimyo. I am not so easily tamed."
3/2

Time After Time 4UU
Sorcery (M)
Take an extra turn after this one. Exile Time After Time.
Replicate 4UU (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost.)
When Trivaz presented her work on hyperchronotransitive theory to Ral, he wasn't impressed. When she presented it to him again the previous day, he was more receptive.
Poll will remain open for five days, and anyone can vote, regardless of whether they participated in the contest for the month of April. Good luck to both contestants!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

And congratulations to April's winner @slimytrout!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”