May MCC, Round 1 - Gravebane

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Banner based on Living Death by Charles Gillespie and Wizards of the Coast. Thanks to bravelion83 for the "Core Set Style" MCC Logo
May MCC, Round 1 - Gravebane

Welcome to the May MCC! It's Graveyard Month here at the MCC.

Main Challenge: Design a card that can exile one or more cards from graveyards.
Subchallenge 1: Your card is an artifact
Subchallenge 2: Your card has no activated abilities

DEADLINES

Design deadline: Friday, May 7th 23:59 EDT

Judging deadline: Monday, May 10th 23:59 EDT

Clarifications
Show
Hide
None yet.
MCC Rubric
Show
Hide
Design
(X/3) Appeal - Do the different player psychographics (Timmy/Johhny/Spike) have a use for the card?
(X/3) Elegance - Is the card easily understandable at a glance? Do all the flavor and mechanics combined as a whole make sense?

Development
(X/3) Viability - How well does the card fit into the color wheel? Does it break or bend the rules of the game? Is it the appropriate rarity?
(X/3) Balance - Does the card have a power level appropriate for contemporary constructed/limited environments without breaking them? Does it play well in casual and multiplayer formats? Does it create or fit into a deck/archetype? Does it create an oppressive environment?

Creativity
(X/3) Uniqueness - Has a card like this ever been printed before? Does it use new mechanics, ideas, or design space? Does it combine old ideas in a new way? Overall, does it feel "fresh"?
(X/3) Flavor - Does the name seem realistic for a card? Does the flavor text sound professional? Do all the flavor elements synch together to please Vorthos players?

Polish
(X/3) Quality - Points deducted for incorrect spelling, grammar, and templating.
(X/2) Main Challenge (*) - Was the main challenge satisfied? Was it approached in a unique or interesting way? Does the card fit the intent of the challenge?
(X/2) Subchallenges - One point awarded per satisfied subchallenge condition.

Total: X/25
*An entry with 0 points here is subject to disqualification.
Judges:
void_nothing
slimytrout

If you are not interested in playing, please sign up to judge the contest!

Players:
Anyone is welcome to enter this first round!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RaikouRider

Post by RaikouRider » 2 years ago

Amethyst of Emptiness 3
Artifact {U}
Flash
When Amethyst of Emptiness enters the battlefield, exile any number of target cards from graveyards.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile Amethyst of Emptiness and any number of target cards from graveyards.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Lorehold Museum 6
Artifact (Rare)
When Lorehold Museum enters the battlefield, exile all graveyards.
During each player's turns, that player may play cards exiled with Lorehold Museum. Cards you cast this way cost RW less to cast.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Invocation Statue 2RW
Artifact (R)
When Invocation Statue enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, exile a card from your graveyard. If it was a creature card, create a red and white 3/2 Spirit creature token.
"The best way to learn history is asking directly to those who lived it."
—Quintorius, Lorehold mage-student
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Riria

Post by Riria » 2 years ago

Counterfactual Palisade 2
Artifact (R)
If a nonland permanent would enter the battlefield and it wasn't cast, exile it instead.
If a card would leave a graveyard, exile it instead of putting it in any other zone.
Strixhaven students are strongly encouraged to think outside the box. This device keeps the more world-shatteringly catastrophic downsides of that policy in check.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 years ago

Hero's Memorial
Artifact (R)
When Hero's Memorial enters the battlefield, exile target legendary creature card from your graveyard.
, : Create a token that's a copy of the exiled card, except it's a 1/1 white Spirit in addition to its other colors and types.
"Spirit of legends outlives their presence among us."
—Memorial's inscription
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

Sneaking Duplicant 3
Artifact Creature - Shapeshifter (Rare)
Imprint - When Sneaking Duplicant enters the battlefield, exile target creature card from a graveyard.
Whenever Sneaking Duplicant attacks and isn't blocked, it becomes a copy of the exiled card until end of turn.
3/1
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Freyleyes

Post by Freyleyes » 2 years ago

Void Remnant 4
Artifact {R}
If a card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead and put a void counter on Void Remnant.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are 40 or more void counters on Void Remnant, you win the game.

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Extraction Chamber.png
Extraction Chamber
Artifact {R}
When Extraction Chamber enters the battlefield, choose a nonland card name. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Graveyard Golem
Artifact Creature — Golem (U)
Menace
Graveyard Golem's power is equal to the total number of creature cards you own in exile.
When Graveyard Golem attacks, mill two cards, then you may exile up to two creature cards from your graveyard.
*/4
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 2 years ago

Catolem Catalyst Generation Z
Artifact Creature — Golem Cat (Rare)
Whenever a non-token Golem you control attacks, exile up to one target card from an opponent's graveyard and create a 1/1 colorless Golem Cat artifact creature token.
Whenever a Cat token you control dies, exile up to one target card from an opponent's graveyard. If you do, that player loses life equal to that card's mana value.
Warning: hostile Golem Cats nearby battle table are known to cause perfect chaos.
3/4
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Forbidden Tome 2
Artifact (Rare)
When Forbidden Tome enters the battlefield, exile target card from a graveyard.
Spells with the same name as a card exiled with Forbidden Tome can't be cast.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

StonerOfKruphix

Post by StonerOfKruphix » 2 years ago

Thallid Trough 3BG
Artifact (R)
When Thallid Trough enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target creature card from a graveyard and put a compost counter on it. If you do, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
Funguses and Saprolings you control get +1/+1 for each different mana value among cards in exile with a compost counter on them.
"How are they so big? Why, a diversified diet, of course."
—Ezic, thelonite druid
Last edited by StonerOfKruphix 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 2 years ago

Isochron Sarcophagus 6
Artifact {M}
Imprint - When Isochron Sarcophagus enters the battlefield, you may exile exactly three instant cards with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard.
3, T: You may copy the exiled cards. If you do, you may cast any number of the copies without paying their mana costs.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And the round is closed. Judging assignments are as follows. The top four contestants per judge will advance.

void_nothing:
RaikouRider
bravelion83
kwanyeegor-ii
Freyleyes
vishamon
marioguy3
Legend

slimytrout:
netn10
Riria
Lorn Asbord Schutta
Venedrex
StonerOfKruphix
MonoRedMAge
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

A little late because I had to do some actual grading.
netn10
Show
Hide
Lorehold Museum 6
Artifact (Rare)
When Lorehold Museum enters the battlefield, exile all graveyards.
During each player's turns, that player may play cards exiled with Lorehold Museum. Cards you cast this way cost RW less to cast.
Design
(1.5/3) Appeal – Johnny is salivating. Spike sees a lot of value if used correctly, but is very worried about giving the opponent the first go. Timmy has little interest in paying 6 mana for a card that doesn't "do" anything.
(2.5/3) Elegance – The slightest bit of confusion over the fact that both players can play cards from either graveyard, but I think most players would get it.

Development
(3/3) Viability – Sure, absolutely right on rarity, and colorless can do this. The turns restriction avoids thorny timing issues.
(2.5/3) Balance – Feels a little underpowered at 6 mana for anything but EDH, especially because your opponent isn't that likely to have lands in their yard so you won't have a way to cast their off-color spells. (In fact, if you're playing self-mill to enable this, the reverse will be more common.)

Creativity
(3/3) Uniqueness – I don't think we've ever had a card quite like this before – I'll give it full points.
(2.5/3) Flavor – The name certainly tells you what's up, and it fits with the mechanics, but flavor text could have been fun and definitely would have fit.

Polish
(2/3) Quality – Should have been "all cards from all graveyards" and "spells you cast," but both minor mistakes.
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) – And then some.
(2/2) Subchallenges – Yep yep.

Total: 21/25
Riria
Show
Hide
Counterfactual Palisade 2
Artifact (R)
If a nonland permanent would enter the battlefield and it wasn't cast, exile it instead.
If a card would leave a graveyard, exile it instead of putting it in any other zone.
Strixhaven students are strongly encouraged to think outside the box. This device keeps the more world-shatteringly catastrophic downsides of that policy in check.
Design
(1/3) Appeal – Spike loves a good multi-purpose hate card. Johnny hates it for exactly that reason, and Timmy is also peeved about not being allowed to cheat things in.
(3/3) Elegance – Very straightforward.
Development
(3/3) Viability – Yes, looks right.
(2.5/3) Balance – Almost by definition, it's not going to be unfair since it's built to prevent people from doing unfair things. But does adding 1 mana to Grafdigger's Cage make up for being able to stop a bunch more stuff? Alternatively, does adding graveyard hate and nonland permanents to Containment Priest make up for not having flash and not being a creature? I don't exactly know, but I suspect this is a little too cheap to be so broad.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness – Pretty clearly inspired by the aforementioned cards, but does have new aspects.
(3/3) Flavor – Name is a little confusing, but flavor text does a good job of clearing up what's going on.

Polish
(3/3) Quality – Looks good
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) – Technically slides through, since it is exiling cards from the graveyard, even if they were going to leave anyway.

Total: 21/25
Lorn Asbord Schutta
Show
Hide
Hero's Memorial
Artifact (R)
When Hero's Memorial enters the battlefield, exile target legendary creature card from your graveyard.
, : Create a token that's a copy of the exiled card, except it's a 1/1 white Spirit in addition to its other colors and types.
"Spirit of legends outlives their presence among us."
—Memorial's inscription
Design
(2.5/3) Appeal – Spike would love to put a Gonti, Lord of Luxury under this and reuse it every turn. Johnny absolutely sees ways to abuse this. Timmy doesn't love paying 7 mana for a 1/1, but does have some ideas for cheating things in on turn 4.
(3/3) Elegance – Clean enough.
Development
(3/3) Viability – Yes, looks right.
(3/3) Balance – There are definitely some powerful things to be done with this (just off the top of my head there's Hope of Ghirapur, Gyruda, Doom of Depths, and Griselbrand), but I think the setup cost is sufficient to make it acceptable. The legendary requirement plays nicely with the fact that you can't build up an army of tokens.

Creativity
(2/3) Uniqueness – Definite Mimic Vat vibes, plus a bit of Soul Separator, but the legendary aspect is new.
(2/3) Flavor – Flavor text doesn't quite make sense, and besides is a little bland, but the name gets the point across.

Polish
(2.5/3) Quality – Should be "it's a 1/1 *and* it's a white Spirit…"
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) – Yep.

Total: 22/25
Venedrex
Show
Hide
Graveyard Golem
Artifact Creature — Golem (U)
Menace
Graveyard Golem's power is equal to the total number of creature cards you own in exile.
When Graveyard Golem attacks, mill two cards, then you may exile up to two creature cards from your graveyard.
*/4
Design
(1.5/3) Appeal – Timmy likes that it can grow to be a real threat, but doesn't like that it usually doesn't start as one. Johnny likes that it feeds graveyard stuff and benefits from it, but it doesn't really have much potential for cool interactions itself. Spike likes the evasion, but doesn't like that it starts as a 4-mana 0/4 without help.
(3/3) Elegance – Sure, easy to understand.
Development
(3/3) Viability – Yeah, feels right as a UB signpost uncommon.
(1.5/3) Balance – Quite weak, even in limited. I assume this goes in some sort of archetype that's exiling cards from its own graveyard, but even then the fact that it doesn't get any value for doing so feels pretty mediocre.

Creativity
(2/3) Uniqueness – Plenty of similar cards that have counted creature cards in the graveyard, but counting them in exile is new, even if this doesn't take a particularly novel approach to getting there.
(2/3) Flavor – I mean, it's a little on the nose – "Graveyard Golem" is just a golem that exiles things from the graveyard. Could use a little more context for what's actually going on flavor-wise.

Polish
(2.5/3) Quality – "Whenever Graveyard Golem attacks…"

Total: 19.5/25
StonerOfKruphix
Show
Hide
Thallid Trough 3BG
Artifact (R)
When Thallid Trough enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target creature card from a graveyard and put a compost counter on it. If you do, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
Funguses and Saprolings you control get +1/+1 for each different mana value among cards in exile with a compost counter on them.
"How are they so big? Why, a diversified diet, of course."
—Ezic, thelonite druid
Design
(2/3) Appeal – Timmy definitely likes to grow an army of enormous Saprolings. Spike likes that this has incredible inevitability, but the fact that it starts as a 5 mana 2/2 (and doesn't progress any further without feeding) is a little disappointing. Johnny likes the weirdness of trying to get creature cards with different values in the graveyard, but ultimately the reward is pretty straightforward.
(2.5/3) Elegance – A little close to microtext when the flavor text is included. Overall, though, the two abilities flow nicely together.
Development
(3/3) Viability – Definitely makes sense as BG, and absolutely a rare.
(3/3) Balance – If you're putting this in your deck you probably have a way to keep it well-fed, in which case it's basically Pack Rat. Ultimately it tops out when you run out of mana values, but getting to three or four should be pretty easy, at which point you're getting a 5/5 every turn and should be able to win easily. Quite vulnerable to blowouts if your opponent can remove it at instant speed. Overall I think it's powerful in the right deck but still quite fair given the setup cost and the time it takes to get going.

Creativity
(2.5/3) Uniqueness – Vaguely reminiscent of Assemble the Legion, with a hint of Kianne, Dean of Substance thrown in, but still definitely some new elements.
(3/3) Flavor – Very cool.

Polish
(2/3) Quality – "And at the beginning…", Thelonite is a proper noun and so should be capitalized.

MonoRedMage
Show
Hide
Isochron Sarcophagus 6
Artifact {M}
Imprint - When Isochron Sarcophagus enters the battlefield, you may exile exactly three instant cards with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard.
3, T: You may copy the exiled cards. If you do, you may cast any number of the copies without paying their mana costs.
Design
(3/3) Appeal – Timmy wants to dish out 9 damage a turn with three Lightning Bolts under this. Honestly, Spike does as well. Johnny can think of a million ways to just win the game with this on the spot, but is actually more interested in the ten million ways to do crazy stuff.
(2.5/3) Elegance – The "exactly" part is absolutely going to trip people up when they play it and it fizzles, but at least they had that word there to warn them.
Development
(3/3) Viability – Sure, colorless can obviously do this and *definitely* works at mythic.
(2/3) Balance – Whew boy, if you get to activate this even once you've probably won the game, which is a dangerous place to have a card. Obviously there's some set-up cost – 6-mana artifact, needs at least three cards to exile – but still, in eternal formats those are both things that can be worked around.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness – I mean, obviously it's Isochron Scepter times three. But the graveyard part is a new twist.
(2.5/3) Flavor – The sarcophagus part feels a little strange to me – usually it's bodies that go in a sarcophagus, not spells – but it does fit nicely with the graveyard flavor so not a big deal.

Polish
(3/3) Quality – I had to check the wording on Isochron Scepter because the "copy the exiled cards" part felt weird to me, but it's absolutely correct (honestly still not totally sure why, but that's above my pay grade).
(1/2) Subchallenges – An activated ability.

Total: 20.5/25
Results
Show
Hide
StonerOfKruphix: 22
Lorn Asbord Schutta: 22
netn10: 21
Riria: 21

MonoRedMage: 20.5
Venedrex: 19.5

Consistently strong submissions on this side of the bracket. Some good entries got eliminated.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

RaikouRider
Show
Hide
Design
(0.5/3) Appeal - Txmmy is not excited by this card. Jxnny has little to do with it. Spike likes being able to repeatedly hose graveyard strategies at instant speed but the mana cost is rather high compared to other graveyard exile options.
(3/3) Elegance - Perfectly fine - basically a card that repeats itself.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Definitely an uncommon.
(2.5/3) Balance - Slightly underpowered if anything - although most of the other cards that do similar things don't exile whole graveyards twice, they also tend to cost 1 and have extra utility like drawing cards.

Creativity
(0.5/3) Uniqueness - Artifacts that exile from graveyards are a dime a dozen, but the flash and repeatable "any number" exiling are new touches.
(2/3) Flavor - The name has a nice ring to it, but it's slightly generic.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Looks good.
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) - Done.
(2/2) Subchallenges - And done.

Total: 18.5/25
bravelion83
Show
Hide
Design
(2.5/3) Appeal - Txmmy likes the sheer number of Spirits you can churn out. Jxnny finds this a bit linear but hey there's SOMETHING they can do with like eighty tokens. Spike appreciates how it works on ETB as well as an upkeep trigger.
(2.5/3) Elegance - It's beyond me why this isn't "Exile a creature card from your graveyard. If you do…" but other than the odd functionality of exiling cards and doing nothing with them, it's mostly fine.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Colors and rarity are basically spot-on: it's a Lorehold card through and through so of course it's RW.
(2.5/3) Balance - Potentially a scary amount of midsized tokens but in Limited the fact that you have to fill your 'yard with creature cards makes it less of a massive threat than it could be.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness - Creates a token that nine Strixhaven cards also do and making tokens at the beginning of your upkeep is nothing new, but as a whole package the card is new.
(3/3) Flavor - Works very well for me - nothing we haven't seen from the Lorehold college before but that just means it's very compliant with the flavor as we know it. Plus the name rolls off the tongue nicely.

Polish
(2.5/3) Quality - A token's power and toughness go before its colors.

Total: 21.5/25
kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - Txmmy would probably rather just have a more ordinary clone, but Jxnny and Spike are both into it.
(2/3) Elegance - Imprint involves tracking and temporary copying can get odd with certain other effects.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Feels like an artifact rare.
(2/3) Balance - This is a cheap and VERY flexible card that any color can play which is concerning. The limiting factor of only being able to clone as an unblocked attacker (no ETB effects, for instance) though is helpful.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness - Basically a Body Double/Lazav riff, but the switching back and forth is interesting.
(2.5/3) Flavor - Being a Duplicant and an artifact Shapeshifter with imprint checks out pretty well, but this could have used short flavor text.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Looks good.

Total: 20/25
Freyleyes
Show
Hide
Design
(3/3) Appeal - Txmmy and Jxnny like alt-wins, and Spike like hosers that are ALSO (emergency? Plan A?!) alt wins.
(2.5/3) Elegance - A bit of tracking, but otherwise easy to understand.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Rare artifact for sure.
(3/3) Balance - Basically a more fairly costed and colorless version of famously powerful hoser Rest in Peace.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness - A Rest in Peace variant as stated, but the alt win looks fairly new and a lot of fun.
(2.5/3) Flavor - Good and fitting name, but it's all a bit abstract - this could have used short explanatory flavor text.

Polish
(2.5/3) Quality - That'd be "forty" (Darksteel Reactor).
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) - Good.

vishamon
Show
Hide
Design
(1.5/3) Appeal - Not much for Txmmy here. Jxnny kinda likes the idea of Cranial Extraction repeatable with blink. Spike sees this as a useful tool.
(2.5/3) Elegance - A lot of searching, but this is a well-worn effect after all.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Color and rarity look right here.
(3/3) Balance - Certainly a fine level of power.

Creativity
(0/3) Uniqueness - I really can't give you anything here because this is just Cranial Extraction as the ETB of an artifact.
(1/3) Flavor - The name is quite on the nose, and also a "chamber" seems like it should be reusable.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Looks okay.

Total: 18/25
marioguy3
Show
Hide
Design
(3/3) Appeal - Txmmy likes all the tokens and shots to the opponent's face. Jxnny has plenty of moving parts to mess with. Spike likes the toolbox nature of it.
(2/3) Elegance - A pretty wordy card with two triggered abilities that involve some decision-making, but nothing unprecedented.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Definitely black and rare.
(3/3) Balance - Both abilities are effective and probably always going to be useful, but Golem tribal isn't exactly that potent, so that limits the power level.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness - A fair number of cards create tokens when attacking as well as causing life loss when something dies. The tribal aspects are a new twist.
(0/3) Flavor - I don't want to be rude, but I honestly have no idea what the flavor of this card is. What's up with that Yu-Gi-Ohesque name? Why is this a Cat or a Golem? What dos that flavor text mean? What does any of this have to do with the card's abilities?

Polish
(2/3) Quality - It's "nontoken", no hyphen, and the flavor text is not very grammatical.

Total: 18.5/25
Legend
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - Not much for Txmmy here. Jxnny's all about copying the triggered ability. Spike's appeal should be obvious.
(3/3) Elegance - Holy crow, I wish I could give extra points here - a tremendously elegant design.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Definitely an artifact, DEFINITELY rare.
(2.5/3) Balance - Very strong stuff but not overwhelmingly so.

Creativity
(1/3) Uniqueness - A fairly new, imprint-y twist on the by-now-played-out Meddling Mage-type design.
(3/3) Flavor - One of those names that is so obvious that instead of being a lazy cop-out, it's actually just a perfect name for the card.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Looks fine.

Total: 21.5/25
Totals (Bold advance)
Show
Hide
Freyleyes 22
bravelion83 21.5
Legend 21.5
kwanyeegor-ii 20

marioguy3 18.5
RaikouRider 18.5
vishamon 18

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”