Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Quandrix student meets Simic bioengineer

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 74 (+4)
netn10 65 (+4)
dyd 57 (+0)
bravelion83 56 (+1)
Venedrex 52 (+1)
void_nothing 49
ahyangyi 23
haywire 16
dangerousdice 8 (+1)
FoilSquared 5
wizyard 3
Riria 3
duducrash 2
MonoRedMage 1
Legend 1
kwanyeegor-ii 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Strixhaven as three-color factions
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Fibonacci Sequence
Sorcery (M)
Create two 0/0 blue Equation creature tokens with ward 1 and put a +1/+1 counter on each.
Then repeat the following algorithm X times -
(1) Create a 0/0 blue Equation creature token with ward 1.
(2) Put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the total of +1/+1 counters you put on the two previous Equations you created this way.
Equations you control gain trample and haste until end of turn.
Every Eulervinx mage-student learns that the golden ratio is equally fundamental in mathematics, biology and arts.

IIW: the number 42
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

History Student 1URW
Creature — Elephant Wizard (R)
History Student has haste as long as you control one or more artifacts, flying as long as you control two or more artifacts, and vigilance as long as you control three or more artifacts.
2, T: Create a Book token. (It's an artifact with "3, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Scry 2, then draw a card.")
"Stone tablets and books are both equally important to understand history."
—Quintorius, Lorehold mage-student

3/3

IIW: rainbow
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: netn10, Venedrex

Formation Flying 3GWU
Instant (U)
Cast this spell only before the declare blockers step.
Choose target creature you control.
The chosen creature gets +2/+2 and gains flying until end of turn.
Create two 3/3 green, white, and blue Drake creature tokens with flying. If the chosen creature is attacking, those tokens enter the battlefield tapped and attacking.

IIW: Peanuts
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JoviaJovian (apex is slam-dank for dinosaurs), kwanyeegor-ii (Delicious flavor)

Silverquill Sharp-tongue 1WBR
Creature - Vampire Wizard (Rare)
You may skip your end step.
T: Create a 3/1 white, black and red Inkling creature token with flying, haste and "At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice this creature."
When he start his passionate speak, no one can stop him.
4/4

IIW: Mono white common that creates Inkling/s.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
dangerousdice jovialjovian
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Double Diploma 6UU
Instant (R)
This spell can't be countered.
Choose three colors. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal two instant or sorcery cards that are exactly the colors of two different color pairs within those colors. You may cast those cards without paying their mana costs and those spells can't be countered. Then shuffle. (For example, if you choose white, blue, and black, you would stop revealing after you revealed a white and blue instant or sorcery card and a white and black one.)

IIW: Homages to past cards
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

Revised Blueprints 2gu
Artifact (R)
Creatures you control are also Fractal Mutants and have graft 1.
"When Miss Vannifar showed me Mr. Vig's notes, I noticed that cytoplast anomalies could easily be compensated with an heptahedric convolution of the magenomic biofeedback. Quite trivial, actually. "
— Zimone Wola

// MDFC //
Learn from Past Mistakes
Sorcery (R)
Learn X times, where X is the number of different names among instant and sorcery cards your graveyard.
"I see so much potential in that girl"
— Vannifar

IIW: turquoise
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: dýd, netn10

Evolution Scholar 2GU
Creature — Elf Shaman (R)
When Evolution Scholar enters the battlefield, create a 0/0 green and blue Fractal creature token and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Fractal creatures you control have evolve. (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, for each Fractal you control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than that Fractal, put a +1/+1 counter on that Fractal.)
2/3

IIW: rainbow
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, dyd

Numeodog XGGUU
Creature - Fractal Cat Dog (Mythic)
Graft - Double X
Whenever you cast a spell with even converted mana cost, double the number of counters on Numeodog. Otherwise, double the number of counters on each other creature you control.
0/0

IIW: Vehicle in Strixhaven.
Last edited by netn10 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: bravelion83, dyd
HM: netn10, I get what you're going for, but I feel like skipping the end step breaks too many things.

Eager Test Subject GU
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Eager Test Subject becomes the target of a spell or ability, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
U: Change a target of target spell or ability to Eager Test Subject.
2GU, T: Eager Test Subject gains hexproof until end of turn.
"Goggles on, ready to begin the experiment!"
2/2

IIW: Peanuts
Last edited by JovialJovian 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
Willing Test Subject GU
@JovialJovian This already exist as a card name, it was in Unstable.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Kianne and Trifon 4GU
Legendary Creature - Elf Troll Wizard (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top five cards of your library.
Whenever you exile a land card from your library, you may put that card onto the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature you control attacks or blocks, you may have it become a copy of an exiled creature card you own with equal or lesser power until end of turn.
Kasmina was pleased - the Arcavian and the Ravnican were doing splendid work.
5/5

IIW: Nonred Orcs
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”