Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Putty

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 63 (+6)
netn10 52 (+3)
dyd 51 (+1)
Venedrex 50 (+4)
void_nothing 46 (+3)
bravelion83 45 (+3)
ahyangyi 22
haywire 16
dangerousdice 5
FoilSquared 5
wizyard 3
Riria 3
duducrash 2
MonoRedMage 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
What if Strixhaven was allied set
dangerousdice wrote:
3 years ago
netn10, jovialjovian

cacklequill pledgemage
creature - imp wizard
haste
Magecraft — Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, cacklequill pledgemage deals 1 damage to target player unless that player discards a card.
1/2

iiw: more "What if Strixhaven was allied set"
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Venedrex, void_nothing

Professor of Philosophy 1u(u/b)b
Creature - Vampire Wizard (U)
Defender, flying
When Professor of Philosophy enters the battlefield, learn.
When Professor of Philosophy is dealt damage, if it has defender, it loses defender and gains deathtouch (indefinitely).
2/4

IIW: tumbleweed
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Quintorius is by far my favorite character from Strixhaven. He inspired me to do this.

Book Seller 1WU
Creature — Human Advisor (U)
2, T: Create a Book token. (It's an artifact with "3, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Scry 2, then draw a card.")
Whenever you sacrifice a Book, put a +1/+1 counter on Book Seller.
"His shop is a wonderful place, I spend hours there every time I go. I can only recommend it to everyone."
—Quintorius, Lorehold mage-student

1/4

IIW: dinosaurs
ahyangyi wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Dean of Chorus
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Instant and sorcery spells you cast have convoke.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more untapped creatures, create a 3/1 white and green Unicorn creature token with ward -- .
2/2

//

Dean of Solo
Creature - Elf Druid
When you attack, choose a creature with the highest power among creatures you control. Put a +1/+1 counter on it for each instant and sorcery spell you've cast or copied this turn and it gains vigilance until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Strixhaven caster types (Shaman, Druid, Warlock, Wizard, Cleric)

Ah, I finally recovered from overdosing Strixhaven limited ;)
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes; dyd, Venedrex

Tazmag Beast-Conjurer rg
Creature - Elf Shaman (Uncommon)
When Tazmag Beast-Conjurer enters the battlefield, if a power value of a creature you control grew this turn, create a 3/3 red and green Warthog Beast creature token with trample.
2/2

IIW: Hybrid mana vehicle.
Venedrex wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

Arcanenium Archmage
Creature — Human Wizard (R)
When Arcaneium Archmage enters the battlefield, you may return target noncreature, nonland card from your graveyard to your hand.
4/4

IIW: Rabbits
Legend wrote:
3 years ago
jovial , brave

Dunce Cap (Uncommon)
WU
Enchantment - Aura
Flash, ward 2
Enchant player
Enchanted player can't draw more than one card each turn.
Insufferable know-it-alls won't be tolerated at Strixhaven.

IIW: landfall as a drawback
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
bravelion83 jovialjovian
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: void_nothing, Venedrex

Molbus, Dean of Mastication 5R
Legendary Creature - Cyclops Barbarian (R)
Sacrifice a creature or a Food: Molbus gets +1/+1 and gains trample and haste until end of turn.
When Molbus attacks, defending player may sacrifice a creature or food. If they do, remove Molbus from combat.
5/5
---MDFC---
Dorus, Dean of Preparation 2GG
Legendary Creature - Troll Shaman (R)
Provoke
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, create a Food token.
Foods you control have "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Target Food becomes a 3/3 green Food Golem artifact creature until end of turn."
4/4

IIW: Peanuts
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, Venedrex

Sliptime Protolich {U/B}{U/B}{U/B}{U/B}
Creature - Skeleton Wizard (R)
Sliptime Protolich enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top and bottom cards of your library.
X, Pay X life, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Sliptime Protolich: Choose an instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost X or less exiled with Sliptime Protolich. Copy it and you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
Alnevish is the college of futurism, but its top adepts pass beyond death and aim to master all of time.
0/0

IIW: Equine creatures
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi » 3 years ago

Hey, yesterday's challenge wasn't party, but "if strixhaven was allied colors" :P

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: Legend, bravelion83

Primal Putty 1u
Artifact Creature - Shapeshifter
As Primal Putty enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 2/1 Golem, a 1/1 Thopter with flying, or a 0/4 Sculpture with ward 2, in addition to its other types.
*/*

IIW: Plink
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

ahyangyi wrote:
3 years ago
Hey, yesterday's challenge wasn't party, but "if strixhaven was allied colors" :P
I was about to write that as well. @void_nothing

I don't understand today's prompt.
Last edited by bravelion83 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
I don't understand today's prompt.
image.png
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

void_nothing
Show
Hide
Yes, I had found that too, I use Google translate all the time so it was the first thing I turned to (even if stucco and mastice are two different things in Italian), but I meant that I don't understand what I'm supposed to do as a card. Do I have to somewhat represent putty? Or one that uses it... maybe make a mason creature? Sometimes I struggle with the interpretation of the prompt, especially when it's so generic like it is today and when it's out of the box. I think that my inability to think out of the box is well known by now. I think I'll make a mason creature.

p.s. Wait! Brick counters were a thing in Amonkhet! Perfect for a mason!
Votes: dyd, Venedrex

I don't know how much it fits the prompt, but here we go. See spoiler above for the thought process behind the card.

City Mason 1W
Creature — Human Artificer (U)
Whenever a noncreature artifact enters the battlefield under your control, put a brick counter on City Mason.
1, T, Remove three brick counters from City Mason: Create a 0/5 colorless Wall artifact creature token with defender.
"Bricks and putty, all you need to build a strong wall!"
2/2

IIW: dinosaurs
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dangerousdice, JovialJovian (Food is their mascot? I would love it lol)

Pyramid Schema 3
Artifact (Rare)
3, T: Create a Pyramid artifact token.
T: Put a brick counter on target Pyramid.
T: Scry 1 for each brick counter on target Pyramid you control, then draw a card for each Pyramid you control.

IIW: Modern playable common.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: dyd, bravelion83

Architect's Assistant 1
Artifact Creature - Ooze (R)
2: Choose one -
- Architect's Assistant becomes an artifact land with "T: Add one mana of any color." and this ability.
- Architects Assistant becomes a 0/7 Wall artifact creature with defender and this ability. Untap it.
- Architect's Assistant becomes a copy of target noncreature artifact, and gains this ability.
0/2

IIW: Peanuts

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dangerousdice ahyangyi
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”