Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Marvel Heroes/Villains

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 9 (+4)
Venedrex 7 (+4)
bravelion83 6 (+2)
dyd 5 (+3)
void_nothing 4 (+2)
netn10 2 (+2)
haywire 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Never-before-seen creature types
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10
(even if "winning the fight" needs at least reminder text: does it need to just survive? Or deal lethal damage? Or deal more damage than the other?)

Dypvrayd, Asmor's Emulator
Legendary Creature - Imp Chef
Flying
T, Pay X times X, Sacrifice another creature with mana value X or greater: Support X, then you get X star counters. If you have fifteen or more star counters, you win the game.
"My favorite recipe from The Underworld Cookbook? That's a tough one, Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar was a true genius. I'll go with the first recipe I prepared for Vincent: the gargoyle's schnitzel. It may seem simple, but the petrous breading is very tricky."
3/4
Reference
Show
Hide

IIW: a sentient Brushwagg
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Venedrex

Prismari Escapist 1U
Creature - Human Artist (Rare)
2U, Return Prismari Escapist to its owner's hand: Create a 4/4 blue and red Elemental creature token. If Prismari Escapist is attacking, create the token tapped and attacking.
"Leave an impression even if you're not there to see it."
1/1

IIW: Unusual Ward
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, JovialJovian (even though the name Frognado becomes Toadnado in the text, I love both of them though. Among the few movies that I've seen in my life, the first Sharknado is there, and I'm a big fan of it.)

Do un-sets count? I hope not.

Experimental Scientist 1UR
Creature — Human Scientist (R)
When Experimental Scientist enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a number, then reveal the top card of your library. If that card has the chosen mana value, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put it into your graveyard.
Experiments aren't certain. Sometimes they fail.
2/2

IIW: three-colored Command
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: dyd, bravelion83

Queen's Harlequin 1WB
Creature - Harpy Clown (R)
Flying
2WB, T: Tap target blocking creature and remove it from combat, that creature deals damage equal to its toughness to its controller.
2WB, Q: Untap target attacking creature and remove it from combat, that creature deals damage equal to its power to its controller.
1/3

IIW: Bad dreams
wizyard wrote:
3 years ago
dyd, JovialJovian

Fruiting Figment 2W
Creature - Dream (U)
2G, Reveal Fruiting Figment from your hand: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature without a +1/+1 counter on it.
Fruiting Figment enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each other creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it.
1/1

iiw: alternative or additional costs
Venedrex wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Also hoping un-sets don't count.

Industrious Beaver
Creature — Beaver (U)
, , Sacrifice a Forest: Create a 0/3 colorless Dam artifact creature token with defender and: "Whenever you tap an Island for mana, add an additional ."
2/3

IIW: DC Heroes/Villians
haywire wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: venedrix, void_nothing

Evocation of Hate 2r
Creature - Egregore {R}
First strike
Whenever a non-Egregore creature deals combat damage to another creature, put a malice counter on that creature.
Evocation of Hate gets +1/+0 for each malice counter among creatures on the battlefield.
Evocation of Hate can't be blocked by creatures with malice counters on them.
0/4

IIW: "can't"
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, haywire

Basking Hyraxes 5G
Creature - Hyrax (R)
Protection from instants
When Basking Hyraxes enters the battlefield, if it's not a token, create two tokens that are copies of it.
T: Add R or W. If you cast a permanent spell this turn, add RW instead.
2/2

IIW: One person's trash is another's treasure
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
venedrex netn10
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: wizyard, bravelion83

Lady Stilt-Man GU
Legendary Creature - Human Villain (R)
Reach
Lady Stilt-Man can't block creatures without flying or reach.
Lady Stilt-Man can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.
3: Tap Lady Stilt-Man. Any player may activate this ability.
4/4

IIW: Alcohol, and/or its consequences
Last edited by JovialJovian 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: Venedrex, netn10

Based on Spiderman.

Rakpal, Arachnos Hero 2GG
Legendary Creature — Human Spider (R)
Reach
Whenever Rakpal or a Web you control deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
G, Discard a card: Create a Web token. (It's a 1/2 colorless artifact creature with reach.)
The half-spider half-human race of the Arachnos infests everywhere on the ground, underground, and in the sky of the plane of Agamkir.
3/4

IIW: party
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, JoviaJovian

Frank Castle, The Punisher BB
Legandery Creature - Human Soldier (Mythic)
T: Destroy target nonlegenedary creature unless it's controller reveals a legendary creature card from their hand.
T: Destroy target legandery creature.
"I have bigger fish to fry. Give me the name or die suffering."
3/3

IIW: Inklings.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: wizyard, Venedrex
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 3 years ago

Votes: wizyard, bravelion83

Forgive me.

Magneto
Legendary Creature — Human Mutant (M)
Flying, hexproof, menace
, : Gain control of X target artifacts an opponent controls with mana value X or less for as long as you control Magneto.
, : You may tap or untap X target artifacts with mana value X or less.
, : Sacrifice X artifacts: Search your library for X artifact cards with mana value X or less, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
3/6

IIW: Adventure mechanic.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Rogue 4gu
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant Rogue
Indestructible
Whenever Rogue deals combat damage to a creature, it gains that creature's abilities and that creature loses them for as long as Rogue is on the battlefield.
4: Rogue must be blocked this turn if able.
3/3

IIW: DC characters

haywire

Post by haywire » 3 years ago

Votes:JovialJovian, void_nothing

Tony Stark, Nanowizard
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer {M}
Equip abilities of Equipment you control cost less to activate.
,: Create a colorless Equipment artifact token named Nanotech. It has equip and "Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has ward ".
: Transform Tony Stark, Nanowizard. This ability costs less to activate for each Nanotech attached to him.
1/2
//////
Iron Man Mark 85
{White and red color indicator} Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct {M}
Flying, vigilance
Iron Man Mark 85 gets +2/+2 for each Nanotech attached to him.
Whenever Iron Man Mark 85 attacks or blocks, he deals X damage to each of up to X targets, where X is the number of Nanotech attached to him.
Sacrifice Iron Man Mark 85: Return each other permanent card you own with mana value X or less that died or was put into exile this turn to the battlefield under your control, where X is the number of Nanotech attached to Iron Man Mark 85. Then end the turn.
3/3

IIW: repeatable/multiple learn

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd haywire
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”