Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Frogs

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 84 (+4)
void_nothing 73 (+1)
JovialJovian 64 (+1)
dyd 61 (+3)
bravelion83 60 (+3)
Riria 49
haywire 42
Venedrex 16 (+4)
TheAmericanSpirit 11
MonoRedMage 7
tempoEDH 3
Legend 2
dangerousdice 0
.::Note of the Day::.

@netn10 cruises to a win after a month of just plain consistent good play.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Prophecy
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, netn10

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy u
Sorcery
Splice onto instant u
Scry X, where X is the number of instant and/or sorcery spells you cast this turn.
Predicting the future is easy when you're the one who shapes it.

IIW: dog dinosaur
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Seer's Prophecy 2UR
Enchantment (R)
You may look at the top card of your library any time.
Once a turn, you may exile the top card of your library.
You may play cards exiled with Seer's Prophecy (as long as this permanent is on the battlefield).
UR: Scry 1.

IIW: three-colored Command
dangerousdice wrote:
3 years ago
net10, dyd
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, bravelion83

Unbelievable Prophecy W
Enchantment (Rare)
At the end of each turn, if this turn you have gained exactly 8 life, drew exactly three cards and cast exactly two red sorceries and three green and black instants, you win the game.
"I told you it will happen."

IIW: Double majoring in Strixhaven.
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: Venedrex, bravelion83

Cosmic Revelations 2UB
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a prophecy counter on Cosmic Revelations, then surveil X, where X is the number of prophecy counters on Cosmic Revelations. If X is greater than or equal to the number of cards in your library, transform Cosmic Revelations.
(U/B), Pay 1 life: Put a prophecy counter on Cosmic Revelations.
///DFC///
Demon of Absolute Knowledge
BCreature - Elder Demon Avatar (M)
Indestructible, hexproof
Demon of Absolute Knowledge can't be blocked.
If you would draw a card, instead name a card, then reveal the top card of your library. If the revealed card is the named card, put it into your hand, otherwise exile it.
At the beginning of your end step, shuffle your library unless you exile a card from your hand.
9/9

IIW: Never-before-seen creature types
Venedrex wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Life's Thread
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a fate counter on target nonland permanent.
Sacrifice Life's Thread: Destroy target nonland permanent with three or more fate counters on it.

IIW: Colored artifacts.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
bravelion83 netn10
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, dyd

Rectify Fate GGG
Sorcery (R)
Exile the top three cards of your library. When you do, for each card exiled in this way, return up to one target card that shares a card type with that card from your graveyard to your hand.
Exile Rectify Fate.
Cycling G

IIW: Nobles
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

Rain of Frogs u(g/r)
Enchantment
Whenever you cast a spell with a mana value different from each other spell you cast this turn, create a 1/1 green Frog creature token. It gains flying, haste and hexproof until end of turn.
Whenever a Frog you control loses flying, sacrifice it unless you pay 1.

IIW: a card with a name referencing two Magic sets

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Venedrex

Cytoplast Frog {G/U}{G/U}
Creature — Frog Mutant (U)
Graft 1 (This creature enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this creature onto it.)
Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
0/0

IIW: party
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, JovialJovian

Olmogon, Tyrant of Urborg
Legendary Creature — Frog (M)
Whenever another Frog enters the battlefield under your control, mill three cards.
, Sacrifice a creature: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand. If a Frog card was returned to your hand this way, draw a card.
4/4

IIW: Marvel Heroes/Villians
Last edited by Venedrex 3 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: void_nothing, dyd

Frognado XG
Tribal Sorcery - Frog (U)
Toadnado deals X damage divided as you choose among up to X target creatures with flying. Whenever a creature dealt damage this way dies this turn, create a 1/1 green Frog creature token.

IIW: Wine and/or cheese

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Venedrex, bravelion83

Thanks everyone for the good contest! So many good cards this month :)

Cleaning Frog 1G
Creature - Frog (Rare)
Reach, deathtouch
T: Cleaning Frog fights target Insect. If Cleaning Frog won the fight, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
2/2

IIW: Fractals

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd jovialjovian
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, Venedrex

Stillpond Contemplator 2U
Creature - Frog (U)
Ward 1
Whenever a spell or ability you control counters a spell an opponent controls, put a quiet counter on Stillpond Contemplator.
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player didn't cast a spell this turn, put a quiet counter on Stillpond Contemplator.
T, Remove X quiet counters from Stillpond Contemplator: Add X C. Spend this mana only to cast instant and sorcery spells.
1/3

IIW: Effects replacing creature death
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

haywire

Post by haywire » 3 years ago

Votes: jovialhovian, void_nothing

Flicktongue Frog
Creature - Frog
Flicktongue Frog has flying as long as it's attacking.
Whenever Flicktongue Frog attacks, it deals 1 damage to up to one target creature. Until end of turn, that creature loses flying and its activated abilities can't be activated. If an Insect is dealt damage this way, destroy it and put a +1/+1 counter on Flicktongue Frog.
The venom the tongue inflicts is nonlethal, but will drain its victim of stamina long enough that it might as well be.
3/2

IIW: Champion

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”