Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Mythic land

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 43 (+5)
JovialJovian 34 (+6)
Riria 32 (+0)
void_nothing 30 (+2)
dyd 29 (+3)
bravelion83 24 (+0)
haywire 19
TheAmericanSpirit 11
MonoRedMage 4
Legend 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Abilities from graveyard
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Foreknow 1u
Sorcery
Look at target player's hand and the top card of their library.
Hindsight 1uubb (You may cast both halves of this card together from your graveyard for their hindsight cost. Then exile it.)
//
Forego 4b
Sorcery
Choose a card name other than a land card name. Search target opponent's graveyard, hand, and library for up to four cards with that name and exile them. That player shuffles their library, then creates a Treasure token for each card exiled from their hand this way.
Hindsight 1uubb (You may cast both halves of this card together from your graveyard for their hindsight cost. Then exile it.)

IIW: broken stuff
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Tormentor of the Sands 2BB
Creature — Horror (U)
Menace
Embalm 4BB (4BB, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Horror with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
3/3

IIW: party (ZNR)
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Fact of the Matter 1BB
Sorcery (R)
Destroy target creature.
B, Exile Fact of the Matter from your graveyard: The next time a creature would enter the battlefield from a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
"Last breath is not a metaphor. It's a factual statement."

IIW: Rules
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Abzan Ever-Father WBG
Creature - Elephant Spirit (Rare)
Indestructible
Sacrifice a Plains, a Swamp and a Forest: Return Abzan Ever-Father from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
3/3

IIW: Uncommon build around me vehicle.
haywire wrote:
3 years ago
votes: jovialjovian, voidnothing

Grave Mulch
Enchantment - Aura {R}
Enchant land
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, you may exile a land or enchantment card from your graveyard. If you do, put a soil counter on Grave Mulch, then add X mana of any one color, where X is the number of soil counters on Grave Mulch. If no card is exiled this way, sacrifice enchanted land, mill 3 cards and you lose 3 life.
Whenever Grave Mulch is exiled from your graveyard, double the number of each type of counter on target permanent or player. Then, if a permanent named Grave Mulch was targeted this way, you gain life equal to the number of counters on it.

IIW: facedown permanents
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: dyd, netn10

Shaal, Life's Flame 2RW
Legendary Creature - Phoenix (T)
Flying
4RW: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand, then put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains haste until end of turn, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Activate this ability only if Shaal is in your graveyard.
4/3

IIW: negative power and/or toughness
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Breaker of Vithians 4UR
Creature - Zombie Wizard (M)
Prowess
T: You gain control of target nonland permanent for as long as you control Breaker of Vithians.
Unearth 1UR
3/2

IIW: Armies
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
jovialjovian netn10
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, dyd

Viskopa, Church of Deals
Legandery Land (Mythic)
Extort
Viskopa enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add any combination of W and/or B equal to the amount of life you've gained this turn.

IIW: Future shifted card.

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, void_nothing

Eye of Omnath
Legendary Land (M)
Mana Nexus enters the battlefield tapped.
t: Add one mana of any color.
1, t: Add one mana of each color among permanents you control. Then you may pay 5. If you do, look at the top 5 cards of your library, put one into your hand and the rest on the bottom in a random order.

IIW: talent
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, void_nothing

I hope this is not broken...

The Maelstrom
Land (M)
When The Maelstrom enters the battlefield, sacrifice two lands with different basic land types.
T: Add three mana in any combination of colors. Spells you cast using this mana have cascade. (When you cast a spell this way, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)

IIW: non-red Goblin
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

tempoEDH

Post by tempoEDH » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, dyd

Darksteel Cavern
Legendary Artifact Land (M)

Indestructible

When Darksteel Cavern enters the battlefield, put an ore counter on target permanent you control.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no permanents with ore counters, sacrifice Darksteel Cavern.

: Add . Spend this mana only to cast artifact spells or activate abilities of artifacts.

, : Put an ore counter on target permanent you control. As long as Darksteel Cavern remains on the battlefield, it gains indestructible, and is an artifact in addition to it's other types.

, , Sacrifice Darksteel Caverns: For each permanent with an ore counter you control, create an Ingot token with:

Indestructible
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
, Sacrifice Ingot: Draw a card.

Note: The ore counter itself is independent of "Indestructible and becomes an artifact," so the etb does not make a permanent indestructible, it simply puts an ore counter on a permanent so that you don't need to sacrifice the cavern next upkeep. The second ability both puts an ore counter on a permanent, and grants it indestructible and artifact subtype as long as cavern stays out - these are independent actions, and the ore counter itself doesn't do anything but mark permanents for the third ability and keep the cavern safe each upkeep (just clarifying).

Also hate that I had to make it legendary, but 2 on field would be a nightmare to get rid of.

IIW: "At the beginning of each combat...."
Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: Riria, netn10

Undiscovered Country
Land (M)
T, Reveal the top card of your library: Add C or one mana of any of the revealed card's colors.

IIW: negative power and/or toughness

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, netn10

Gamalgoth, Phyrexian Capital
Legendary Land (M)
Gamalgoth enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add B.
T, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice a creature: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
3BBB, T, Remove twelve -1/-1 counters from among permanents: Create a 12/12 colorless Dreadnought artifact creature token with trample.

IIW: Paradisiacal or hellish places
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

haywire jovialjovian
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”