Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Every third

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 33 (+3)
Riria 31 (+5)
JovialJovian 24 (+2)
void_nothing 24 (+2)
bravelion83 22 (+0)
dyd 21 (+4)
haywire 14
TheAmericanSpirit 11 (+2)
MonoRedMage 4
Legend 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Very big Vehicle
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, TheAmericanSpirit

Jaeger Colossus 9
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample
t: Jaeger Colossus fights target non-artifact creature with power 6 or greater.
Jaeger Colossus must be crewed by exactly two creatures.
Crew 3
9/9

IIW: very small Vehicle
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Elvish Greatplow 7GG
Artifact — Vehicle (M)
Trample
Creatures with power 4 or greater can't crew Elvish Greatplow.
3G: Create a 2/2 green Elf creature token.
Crew 5 (Tap any number of untapped creatures you control with total power 5 or greater: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)

IIW: common removal
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, dyd

Amphibious Dreadnought 9

Artifact - Vehicle (R)

First Strike, Islandhome, Vigilance

XXX, tap X creatures you control: Destroy X target Permanents. Use this ability only if Amphibious Dreadnought is not a creature and only any time you could cast a sorcery.

Tap three creatures you control: If Amphibious Dreadnought is a creature, it loses Islandhome until the end of turn.

Crew 7

The rebels felt confident behind their shore batteries until the crew of the imperial dreadnought decided to deliver their adversaries a more personal greeting.

8/13

IIW: legendary janitors of the multiverse
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Titanic 6
Legendary Artifact - Creature (MR)
When Titanic deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it and all creatures that crewed it this turn. For each permanent sacrificed this way, that player sacrifices a permanent, discards a card, and loses 2 life.
Crew 7
1/12

IIW: Veganism
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Riria

Trozix, Axgard's Masterpiece 6RW
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle (Mythic)
This spell cost 1 less for each Dwarf and Vehicle you control.
Spells you cast cost 1 less for each Dwarf and Vehicle you control.
Crew - Three dwarves or another vehicle.
10/10

IIW: Common gold vehicle.
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: dyd, Riria

Walking Warren 3RRR
Tribal Artifact - Goblin Vehicle (T)
Walking Warren can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less.
When Walking Warren attacks, create X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens tapped and attacking, where X is the number of tapepd Goblins you control.
Whenever a Goblin crews Walking Warren, Walking Warren gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Crew 5
8/8

IIW: A single line of text.
haywire wrote:
3 years ago
votes: dyd, void_nothing

Ceasefire Crusher
Artifact - Vehicle {M}
Flash, trample
Ceasefire Crusher costs less to cast, where X is the amount of damage that has been prevented this turn. It enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever damage dealt by a source you control would be prevented, it deals twice that much damage instead.
Crew 6
8/8

IIW: beginning of combat triggers
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
theamericanspirit riria
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Nameless Flagship of the Last Day 5
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle (M)
Trample, lifelink
Nameless Flagship of the Last Day can only be crewed by legendary creatures.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may search your library for a legendary card, reveal it, shuffle your library, then put that card into your library second from the top.
Crew 10
20/10

IIW: Spies
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Tyrite Triskell 3
Artifact
t: Add one mana of any color.
Every third spell you cast each turn costs 3 less to cast and can't be countered.

IIW: pizza

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, haywire

Tale of Kingdom WW
Legendary Enchantment (Mythic)
Every first creature cast each turn enters the battlefield with a king counter on it.
Every second creature cast each turn enters the battlefield with a jack counter on it.
Every third creature cast each turn enters the battlefield with a usurper counter on it.
Creatures with king counters gets +0/+4.
Creatures with jack counters gets +4/+0.
Creatures with usurper counters have "T: Destroy target creature with king or jack counters on them, then put four +1/+1 counters on this creature."

IIW: Common gold vehicle or equipment.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, netn10

Inner-Flame Extinguisher 2U
Creature — Elemental Wizard (U)
2U: Creatures your opponents control get -1/-0 until end of turn. If this is the third time this ability has resolved this turn, creatures your opponents control have base power 0 and lose all abilities until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: party (ZNR mechanic)
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

haywire

Post by haywire » 3 years ago

votes: dyd, netn10

Arbiter of Blood
Creature - Vampire {R}
Deathtouch
Arbiter of Blood gets +2/+2 and can block an additional creature each combat for every third of your starting life total, rounded up, that's missing.
As long as your life total is less than a third of your starting life total, rounded up, creatures your opponents control get -2/-0, and each opponent must attack with at least one creature each combat if able.
2/2

IIW: abilities from graveyard

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: void_nothing, Riria(cute reference, needs flavor text ;) )

Voyage Into the Unknown 3RG
Sorcery (T)
Reveal the top nine cards of your library, exiling every third card. Choose any number of land cards revealed this way but not exiled, put one of them onto the battlefield and the rest into your hand. Put the remaining revealed cards in the bottom of your library in a random order. Until the end of your next turn, you may play the cards exiled this way.
Adventure awaits!

IIW: negative power and/or toughness

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, haywire

Terror of the Pox B
Enchantment (R)
When Terror of the Pox enters the battlefield, scry 1.
Whenever one or more permanents enter the battlefield under an opponent's control for the third time in a turn, that player sacrifices each of those permanents.

IIW: limited utility or Limited utility
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”