Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Manipulate opponents' libraries

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 23 (+4)
JovialJovian 20 (+2)
Riria 20 (+4)
bravelion83 19 (+1)
void_nothing 18
dyd 12 (+0)
haywire 12 (+4)
TheAmericanSpirit 7 (+3)
MonoRedMage 3 (+1)
Legend 2 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Ping pong
haywire wrote:
3 years ago
votes: theamericanspirit, netn10

Retaliation Coil
Enchantment {M}
When Retaliation Coil enters the battlefield, if it was cast, each opponent creates a token copy of Retaliation Coil.
Whenever an untapped permanent you control would be dealt damage, you may pay and tap that permanent. If you do, prevent that damage.
Whenever you would be dealt damage, if Retaliation Coil is untapped, you may tap it and pay . If you do, prevent that damage.
Whenever Retaliation Coil prevents damage, it deals that much damage plus 1 to any target.

IIW: 2 or more different tokens
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, netn10

Ping
Instant
Ping deals 1 damage to any target.
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)
//
Pong 3u
Instant
Put up to one target permanent you own on the bottom of your library. Create a 2/2 blue Weird creature token.
Put this card into your hand as it resolves.
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)

IIW: 14-power creature or vehicle
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Riria

Fire Shaman 1R
Creature — Human Shaman (U)
T: Fire Shaman deals 1 damage to any target. Then if you have more life than that player or that permanent's controller, Fire Shaman deals 1 damage to you.
"One to you, one to me! Then another one to you and another one to me! And then... Alright, you've got the idea!"
0/1

IIW: party (the mechanic from Zendikar Rising)
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Haywire, netn10

Chain of Contempt 1RB

Instant Uncommon

Target player discards a card, sacrifices a permanent, and loses 2 life. Then that player may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.

"I hate you!"
"Oh yeah? I hate you
more!"

IIW: frustrations with inanimate objects
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Legend, Riria

Curse of Avarice 1BR
Enchantment - Aura Curse (Rare)
Enchant player
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player gains control of Curse of Avarice, then attaches it to any player.
Whenever enchanted player taps a land for mana, that player adds RR and loses 2 life.

IIW: Four color planeswalker.
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Theamericanspirit, haywire

Infiniside Agent UB
Creature - Human Rogue Wizard (MR)
Protection from creatures named Infiniside Agent
At the beginning if your end step, target opponent gains control of Infiniside Agent and you create a token that's a copy if it.
9: Gain control of all Infiniside Agents, then they lose all their abilities.
2/2

IIW: Fake magic
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: haywire, MonoRedMage

Tourney Entrant W
Creature - Kithkin Peasant
Whenever damage would be dealt to Tourney Entrant, 1 of that damage is dealt to another target instead.
1R, Q: Tourney Entrant deals 1 damage to itself.
Serve!
0/1

IIW: Return to Lorwyn
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: TheAmericanSpirit, netn10

Wild Caracals G
Creature - Cat (U)
Reach, vigilance, haste
1: Wild Caracals gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if a player has more life than each other player, the player with the most life gains control of Wild Caracals.
1/3

IIW: Rebirth
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
jovialjovian riria
MonoRedMage wrote:
3 years ago
Votes - bravelion83, haywire

Pyromancer's Magemark 3R
Enchantment - Aura {U}
Enchant creature
Each creature you control that's enchanted gets +1/+1 and has "T: This creature deals 1 damage to any target."

IIW - Discarding hands
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, MonoRedMage

Mind Alterer {U/B}{U/B}
Creature — Human Wizard (U)
Whenever Mind Alterer deals combat damage to an opponent, you may look at the top card of that player's library. If you do, put that card back on top or on the bottom of that player's library.
"Just a moment, it will be painless."
1/3

IIW: party (the mechanic from Zendikar Rising)
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: haywire, netn10

Denier of Desire 2WW
Creature - Angel Advisor (R)
Flying
If an opponent would search their library for a card, choose a card name. That opponent cannot search for a card with that name in addition to the other restrictions of the search effect.
"It is not the boon you want, but the boon you nee... on second thought, it ain't that either."
4/3

IIW: Artifact Enchantment - Vehicle

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

Votes: Rira, dyd

Maledictions of Malevolence 4UUB

Enchantment rare

At the beginning of each upkeep, look at the top 5 cards of target opponent's library and then put them back in any order.

Whenever an opponent shuffles their library, they lose 5 life.

Sometimes it's worse when wizards curse under their breath.

IIW: Reanimated roadkill
Last edited by TheAmericanSpirit 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes; bravelion83, void_nothing

Brain Scrambler 1ub
Creature - Phyrexian Warlock
If a player would scry, instead they mill that many cards, then each player fateseals 1. (To fateseal 1, that player looks at the top card of an opponent's library, then they may put that card on the bottom of that library.)
3/3

IIW: sign

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Scare to the Bones 2UU
Sorcery (Rare)
Exile target opponent's library except the bottom card.
At the end of turn, shuffle all cards exiled with Scare to the Bones into their owner's library.
"It was just a joke, it was just the wind... On Innistrad, it's all the same."
- Jace, Multiverse Investigator

IIW: Very big vehicle.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: Riria, haywire

Curse of Absolute Knowledge 2UUU
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
Enchanted player plays with all the cards in their library revealed.
As Curse of Absolute Knowledge enters the battlefield, reverse the order of cards in enchanted player's library.
When Curse of Absolute Knowledge leaves the battlefield, enchanted player shuffles their library.

IIW: Fortifications

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: TheAmericanSpirit, Riria

Recollection of Anguish 3BB
Sorcery - Arcane (R)
You may have target opponent put a card from their hand on top of their library. If you don't, that player exiles the top three cards of their library, then loses 1 life for each land card exiled in this way. Repeat this process twice.
"A mortal who encounters the oni can be wounded even after getting away unscathed." - Ink-Eyes

IIW: Half
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”