The DCC - March 10th, 2021

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

DCC Scoreboard

scarbo 26 (+1)
Indighost 25 (+3)
void_nothing 21 (+6)
Rithaniel 20 (+2)
netn10 19 (+3)
Riria 18 (+1)
folding_music 12 (+2)
bravelion83 10 (+2)
kwanyeegor-ii 7
MonoRedMage 5
RattingRots 4
JessWill 1

folding_music wrote:
3 years ago
votes: void_nothing, Riria

Dowsing Rod 1gg
Enchantment Artifact
, : Put a depth counter on Dowsing Rod, then each player reveals cards from the top of their library equal to the number of depth counters on Dowsing Rod. Starting with you, each player chooses an enchantment card from among cards revealed this way and puts it onto the battlefield under their control. Then exile each other card revealed this way.
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, Indighost

Feline Affection 2WW
Sorcery (U)
Create a 2/2 white Cat creature token. Then search your library and/or hand for an Equipment card and put it onto the battlefield attached to a Cat you control. If you searched your library this way, shuffle.
"Look, I brought you this toy!"
scarbo wrote:
3 years ago
vote: netn10, bravelion

Time Loop 1u
Instant (R)
After your next draw step, there's an additional upkeep step followed by an additional draw step.
Exile Time Loop.
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Indighost, scarbo

Blink and You'll Miss It U
Instant (R)
Exile target creature. Its owner may pay 1. If they do, return it to the battlefield.
Experienced battlemages know that oftentimes safeguarding your strategy against counterplay is a pointless academic endeavor.
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing (HM: indighost)

Cloak 1UB
Instant (Rare)
Exile each creature you control and all creature cards from your graveyard. At the end of turn, return each card exiled this way to their owner's hand.
///////////// Fuse /////////////
Dagger 3UB
Instant (Rare)
Destroy each creature.
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: folding_music, netn10

Swelter of the Forge 4R
Enchantment (R)
Nonartifact creatures can't block.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Swelter of the Forge deals 1 damage to each nonartifact creature and each player.
Rithaniel wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: folding_music, void_nothing

Sleetersnuff Magus
Creature - Wizard U
, : Untap each other creature you control with converted mana cost 2 or less.
, : Return target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less to its owner's hand.
2/2
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
rithaniel indighost
Indighost wrote:
3 years ago
Void_Nothing, Bravelion83
Whispering Alleys
Land (U)
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
t: Add b.
Cycling 1b
When you cycle ~, you may have target creature get -1/-1 until end of turn.
"You ever see anyone come out of there? That's why no one goes in." Sendan, Tin Street guide
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

scarbo
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by scarbo » 3 years ago

vote: void_nothing, rithaniel

Soul Janitor {w/b}{w/b}
Creature - Human Warlock (R)
Creatures can't enter the battlefield from exile.
Creature spells can't be cast from exile.
2/1
Last edited by scarbo 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

votes: bravelion83, Indighost

Fluff Squall 3g
Enchantment (U)
Flash
When Fluff Squall enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
As long as you control a creature with flying, Saprolings you control have flying.
The seedlings of the shattered realm grew thistledown crowns; a slight wind and they float away helplessly.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: scarbo, Indighost

Honorable mention for Rithaniel

Capitalist Society BBG
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 1. If you do, put a work counter on Capitalist Society.
Creatures you control have "T: Add X mana in any combination of this creature's colors, where X is the number of work counters on Capitalist Society."
At the beginning of your end step, you lose life equal to the number of work counters on Capitalist Society.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: folding_music, netn10

( I know this would require a rules change)

Geomancer's Spire 2G
Land (U)
(A land with a mana cost may be either played as a land or cast as a spell for that mana cost.)
Geomancer's Spire enters the battlefield tapped.
Land spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
T: Add c.
Last edited by Riria 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Rithaniel, scarbo

Devils BR
Sorcery (Rare)
Create two 1/1 red Devil creature tokens with "Whenever this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to any target.
///////////// Fuse /////////////
Dance BR
Sorcery (Rare)
Each creature deals 1 damage to itself and to its controller.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, scarbo

HM: netn10 (I really like the design of Cloak, but Dagger feels out of place.)

Allenfold's Vampire
Legendary Creature - Vampire M
Flying, lifelink
Allenfold's Vampire can't block.
Pay half your life, rounded up: Put three +1/+1 counters on Allenfold's Vampire. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery and only once each turn.
Mill half your library, rounded up: Allenfold's Vampire gains indestructible until end of turn.
There is only one vampire on the plane of Allenfold. Nothing, not even it, knows where it came from. But everyone knows how dangerous it is.
1/1
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Indighost

Post by Indighost » 3 years ago

Rithaniel, Scarbo

Feathered Cyclone 5{w/u}{w/u}
Creature - Bird Elemental (U)
Affinity for flying (This spell cost 1 less to cast for each creature with flying you control.
Flying
Other flying creatures you control get +1/+0.
Tap an untapped creature you control with flying: Tap target creature or artifact.
3/4

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

folding_music netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: scarbo, Rithaniel

Cunning Quartermaster 1U
Creature - Human Pirate (U)
Cunning Quartermaster can't be blocked except by creatures with defender.
Cunning Quartermaster gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Clue, +1/+1 as long as you control a Food, and +1/+1 as long as you control a Treasure.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”