Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Strixhaven

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
bravelion83 14 (+3)
void_nothing 14 (+3)
netn10 12 (+3)
JovialJovian 9 (+1)
haywire 8
Riria 8 (+3)
dyd 7 (+1)
TheAmericanSpirit 4
MonoRedMage 2 (+0)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Planar Chaos-style timeshifted cards
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Inspiring Aven {1}w
Creature — Bird Soldier
Flash
Flying, protection from red
Return a Plains you control to its owner's hand: Untap target creature. Activate this ability only once each turn.
"For the God-Pharaoh's glory!"
1/1

IIW: champion mechanic
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, void_nothing

Maneslayer Demon 3BB
Creature — Demon (M)
Flying, first strike, lifelink, protection from Angels and from Dragons
Most demons tempt the meek and innocent. Others... well, others just straight up kill them.
5/5

IIW: party (the mechanic from Zendikar Rising)
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Riria

Angel of Plenty 4WW
Creature - Angel (Rare)
Flying
When Angel of Plenty enters the battlefield, target opponent draws a card and you draw three cards.
"Society is enlightened only when we all share everything we know."
5/5

IIW: Common gold vehicle.
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Flowstone Tremors R
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, you may reveal your hand and put all land cards from it onto the battlefield. If you do, discard your hand.

@Riria That playtest card actually wound up becoming Seraph IIRC!

IIW: Destiny
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: void_nothing, netn10

Hound of Sengir 2BB
Creature - Vampire Dog (U)
Haste
When Hound of Sengir enters the battlefield, it deals 4 damage to you.
4/4

IIW: Whenever an opponent gains life.
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10
@void_nothing That's cool, didn't know! I still feel like that particular ability isn't best pie'd in monowhite.

Does anyone remember this meme?

Floating Rotplant 3BG
Creature - Plant (U)
Flying, vigilance
4/4

IWW: Cup of tea
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
bravelion83 riria
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Quandrix Valedictorian 2gu
Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever you cast a spell with mana value equal to the number of study counters on Quandrix Valedictorian, draw a card and put a study counter on it.
2, Put or remove a study counter on Quandrix Valedictorian: It gains flying and trample until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
3/3
//// MDFC ////
Spellformula Research x(g/u)
Sorcery
Look at the top X cards of your library. You may reveal a from among them a card that's a land or has a different mana value from each permanent you control. Put that card into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

IIW: a new legend from the next Innistrad set(s)

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, Riria

Quandrix Calculation GU
Instant (C)
Choose one or both —
• Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
• Target creature gets -3/-0 until end of turn.

IIW: party (the mechanic from Zendikar Rising)
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: void_nothing, dyd
Such an odd thing to judge, since nobody actually designed a card...

Retconjuror Supreme URG
Creature - Elder Human Wizard (MR)
Flash
When Retconjuror Supreme enters the battlefield, choose a nonland card you own from outside the game with the same mana value as target spell and exile it. Exchange that spell with the exiled card. (The exiled card is put onto the stack as a spell and its controller chooses targets and/or modes for it. The spell is not cast.)
"I think you'll find you remember things differently..."
2/2

Phew, I spent literal hours thinking about and re-writing that to get it both precise and concise, and still couldn't bring myself to not include explanatory reminder text.

IIW: Legendary Lands

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, Riria (I love this meme, I even put it in my custom Ravnica set and I wish it will be in Strixhaven)

Perfect Sequence 6GU
Sorcery (Mythic)
If you control a permanent with mana value 1, 2, 4 and 8, you win the game. Otherwise you may put permanent cards with those mana values from your hand onto the battlefield.

IIW: Common gold vehicle.

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Silverquill Duskmancer 2WB
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Whenever a creature leaves or enters the battlefield, up to one target creature gets -1/-1.
Whenever another creature you control dies, you may pay WB. If you do, return it to the battlefield.
Silverquill students prefer to term themselves duskmancers rather than necromancers, as the people they bring back are have never actually been completely dead.
1/1

IIW: Ping pong

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, JovialJovian
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

Votes: Void, Jovial

Wizard's Familiar (Common)
{W/B}
Creature - Bird
1/1
Flying
Sacrifice Wizard's Familiar: Target Wizard creature you control gains indestructible until end of turn.

IIW: technology
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

void_nothing jovialjovian
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”