Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Sea monsters

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 55 (+3)
JovialJovian 50
netn10 46 (+2)
dyd 45 (+0)
Riria 29 (+2)
bravelion83 27 (+1)
Ink-Treader 20
OneAndOnly 12
Daylit 7
FoilSquared 5
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
A card that uses a new predefined token
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, void_nothing

Grafdigger's Storehouse 1gw
Artifact
Equipped Humans you control get +1/+2.
When ~ enters the battlefield, for each Human you control, create a Shovel token and attach it to that Human. (It's an Equipment artifact named Shovel with "Equip 1" and "Equipped creature has 't: Put target card from a graveyard on the bottom of its owner's library'.")

IIW: palindrome card name
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
And my assumption is that predefined tokens are the likes of Food, Clues, and Treasure.
Yes, exactly that. From the CR:
CR (KHM)
Show
Hide
111.10. Some effects instruct a player to create a predefined token. These effects use the definition below to determine the characteristics the token is created with. The effect that creates a predefined token may also modify or add to the predefined characteristics.
111.10a A Treasure token is a colorless Treasure artifact token with "{T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color."
111.10b A Food token is a colorless Food artifact token with "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life."
111.10c A Gold token is a colorless Gold artifact token with "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color."
111.10d A Walker token is a 2/2 black Zombie creature token named Walker.
111.10e A Shard token is a colorless enchantment token with "{2}, Sacrifice this enchantment: Scry 1, then draw a card."

Clues are in the rules for investigate, even though they're not technically a predefined token as they're not listed above.

701.36. Investigate
701.36a "Investigate" means "Create a colorless Clue artifact token with '{2}, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.'"

Note the different wording. If Clues were also predefined it would say "Create a Clue token. (It's an artifact with "{2}, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")"
Riria
Show
Hide
Sorry if this challenge was already done, I didn't know. I'm a chemist in real life so I just thought of that naturally, and I'm still new enough to this game that I can't know every challenge that has already been done.
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Clachan Sentinel 1GW
Creature — Kithkin Soldier (R)
When Clachan Sentinel enters the battlefield or attacks, create a Sword token. (It's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.")
As long as Clachan Sentinel's power is 4 or greater, it has trample, vigilance, and indestructible.
Every clachan needs some guardians.
2/2

IIW: A non-white Angel
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, Riria

Shinobi Master-Crafter 2W
Creature - Human Ninja (Uncommon)
Ninjutsu 3W
Whenever Shinobi Master-Crafter enters the battlefield, create two Smoke Bombs. (They're artifacts with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Prevent all damage that would be dealt by target creature this turn.")
2/2

IIW: Strixhaven New Mechanic
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Rumorsteed Snitch 2BB
Creature - Specter (R)
Rumorsteed Snitch can't be blocked except by artifact creatures.
When Rumorsteed Snitch enters the battlefield, create a Missive token. (It's an artifact with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Target player reveals their hand and the top card of their library.")
Whenever Rumorsteed Snitch deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles a card from their hand and the top card of their library.
2/3

IIW: Storm or stuff for storm decks
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Gnostic Kraken 4uu
Legendary Creature - Kraken
Gnostic Kraken has hexproof and defender as long as its power is less than 12.
Whenever you draw a card except the first one you draw in each of your draw steps, put a +1/+1 counter on Gnostic Kraken.
6/6

IIW: trophy
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Domestic Octopus 6UU
Creature — Octopus (R)
When Domestic Octopus enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, you may mill eight cards. Then exile any number of Island cards from your hand and/or graveyard.
Once during each of your turns, you may put a card exiled with Domestic Octopus onto the battlefield.
Domestic Octopus can't attack unless there are are eight or more cards exiled with it.
8/8

IIW: non-red Dragon
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: dyd, netn10

Drown the Land 1UUU
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land
Enchanted land is an Island
When Drown the Land enters the battlefield, create a 6/6 blue Serpent creature token named Sea Monster with "This creature can't attack unless defending player controls an island."

IIW: The number 8

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Lore of the Deep 1U
Sorcery (Uncommon)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, reveal a blue creature card with power 6 or more from your hand.
Draw two cards.

IIW: Vehicle in Strixhaven.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Imperious Leviathan 3GGUU
Creature - Leviathan (R)
Islandwalk
Whenever Imperious Leviathan becomes the target of a spell, you may cast a spell from your hand without paying its mana cost.
GU, Sacrifice a land: Counter target activated or triggered ability that targets Imperious Leviathan.
2GU, Sacrifice two lands: Imperious Leviathan gains indestructible until end of turn.
7/7

IIW: Enchant land
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”