Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Wizards

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 48 (+3)
void_nothing 45 (+1)
dyd 42 (+1)
netn10 39 (+1)
Riria 22 (+0)
Ink-Treader 20
bravelion83 18 (+4)
OneAndOnly 12
Daylit 7
FoilSquared 5
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Witches
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

Azra Smokeweaver br
Creature - Azra Warlock
When Azra Smokeweaver enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to any target and up to one target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
6br, t, Sacrifice Azra Smokeweaver: For each opponent destroy up to one target artifact, creature or planeswalker they control.
2/2

IIW: existing keyword referring to a specific creature type (e.g. amass, afterlife, awaken, embalm, eternalize, fabricate, living weapon, soulshift)
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Veska, Brainburner Witch 1UB
Legendary Creature — Human Warlock (R)
1, T, Sacrifice a creature: Create a blue and black Curse enchantment token with enchant player and "Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, that player mills X cards, where X is twice that creature's power."
Burning a man doesn't always require fire.
2/3

IIW: A card inspired by a chemical element
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, JovialJovian

Feasting Witch 1B
Creature - Human Spellshaper (U)
2B, T, Discard a card: Target opponent sacrifices a creature. If they can't or they sacrifice a creature with power 1 or less in this way, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
1/1

IIW: Shamans
Riria wrote:
3 years ago

Cute Grannie 1BG
Creature - Human Warlock (MR)
When Cute Grannie enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of other creatures. Create a Food for each non-Human and two Food for each Human sacrificed this way.
Whenever a Food you control leaves the battlefield, scry 2 and gain 2 life.
U, Sacrifice 5 Food: Transform Cute Grannie.
0/1
//
Cynthia, Youth Renewed
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (MR) (Color indicator: black blue green)
Flying, hexproof
Whenever Cynthia attacks, each opponent sacrifices two permanents.
7/7

IIW: Modernized Fairytales
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: bravelion83, netn10

Which Witch 3WUB
Creature - Troll Warlock
As Which Witch enters the battlefield, if it isn't a token, create two tokens that are copies of it. Then secretly assign Mind, Body, and Soul among Which Witch and those tokens.
Whenever a creature you control assigned Mind becomes the target of a spell or ability, you may reveal that assignment and gain control of that spell or ability, you may choose new targets for it.
Whenever a creature you control assigned Body would be destroyed, you may reveal that assignment. When you do, that creature gains indestructible.
Whenever a creature you control assigned Soul would leave the battlefield, reveal all secret assignments of creatures and sacrifice those creatures.
4/4

IIW:
Cards that are good in limited, but bad in constructed.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, void_nothing

Wizards of the Cost 3wub
Creature - Vedalken Wizard
Flying, indestructible
At the beginning of each upkeep, choose one. Until end of turn, each spell and activated ability that is not a mana ability costs that much more. —
- Pay 3.
- Pay 2 life.
- Discard a card.
3/6

IIW: a new keyword with rules that include a creature type (as in soulshift, amass, embalm, living weapon or Un-mechanics squirrellink, knightlifelink, ...)

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Karob, Court Wizard 3U
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard (R)
When Karob, Court Wizard enters the battlefield, create a legendary Equipment token named Karob's Wand with "Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has flying", "Equip Wizard 0", and "Equip 2U". You may attach that token to Karob, Court Wizard.
"Levitation isn't that hard to do if you use the right instruments. Let me take my wand and show you."
2/2

IIW: A card inspired by a chemical element
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, Riria

Circle of Evershapers GUB
Creature - Human Warlock Wizard Druid (Rare)
Hexproof
T: Destroy target permanent. Its controller may put a permanent card from their hand onto the battlefield.
3/3

IIW: Expand white

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Vasher, Strifelover 2WUB
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard Artificer Warrior (MR)
First strike, deathtouch
When Vasher enters the battlefield, destroy target creature.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Vasher.
Remove X +1/+1 counters from Vasher: X can't be zero. Target noncreature artifact you control becomes a 0/1 artifact creature until end of turn. Put X +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of the next end step, move all +1/+1 counters on it onto Vasher.
2/2

IIW: Modernized fairytales
Last edited by Riria 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Ghitu Mind-Master 1RR
Creature - Human Nomad Wizard (R)
Protection from flying (This creature can't be damaged, blocked, or targeted by anything with flying.)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a chant counter on Ghitu Mind-Master.
T: Add R for each chant counter on Ghitu Mind-Master.
Some Ghitu smiths seek the advice of hermit meditation masters, who carry everywhere their magically-formed homes of fire and dust.
2/2

IIW: Simic guild mechanics
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”