void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

CCL January Finals

"The Array"

Doom Cannon, taken from EchoMTG, by Matthew Mitchell and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Colorless Month here in the CCL! This month will have to loosely do with things that have no color.

Challenge
Design six colorless cards. One must have converted mana cost 1, one must have converted mana cost 2, and so on until 6. Three must be common, two must be uncommon, and one must be rare or mythic.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • You must design a CMC 1, CMC 2, CMC 3, CMC 4, CMC 5, and CMC 6 card. It does not matter which are which rarity.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Your submissions are tentatively due Wednesday, February 17th, 23:59 EST.
Contestants:
@slimytrout
@Rumpy5897
@Subject16

Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (January 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (January 11th-18th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due January 20th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (January 24th–27th)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due January 29th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (February 3rd–6th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due February 8th)
  • Final (February, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 3 years ago

Gewgaw 1
Artifact
, Sacrifice an artifact: Choose one —
• Copy target activated ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
• Gewgaw deals 1 damage to any target and 1 damage to you.
• Put target artifact card from your graveyard on top of your library.
"It does all sorts of things! Some might even be useful!" — Sevis, junkyard peddler

Battered Reforger 2
Artifact
Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a charge counter on Battered Reforger.
Remove three charge counters from Battered Reforger and sacrifice it: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
"Back in the day, this was one of the centrepieces of the local forge. Now it's here. Still got some juice though!" — Sevis, junkyard peddler

Heirloom Salvager 3
Artifact Creature — Construct
: Create a Treasure token.
"Set it loose in any trash heap and watch it find something valuable. I honestly don't know how it does it." — Sevis, junkyard peddler
1/2

Barbed Automaton 4
Artifact Creature — Construct
Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, Barbed Automaton deals 1 damage to each opponent.
"Oh, this one's not for sale. It's the best security system I've ever had here." — Sevis, junkyard peddler
2/3

Rousing Golem 5
Artifact Creature — Golem
When Rousing Golem enters the battlefield, untap all artifacts you control.
"This one takes a firm hand, but it's worth it. All the other machines seem to listen to it." — Sevis, junkyard peddler
4/4

Junkyard Juggernaut 6
Artifact Creature — Juggernaut
Junkyard Juggernaut attacks each combat if able.
Sacrifice another artifact: Junkyard Juggernaut gains indestructible until end of turn.
"With this on your side... few doors will remain closed. Scrap sold separately." — Sevis, junkyard peddler
6/4

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

Debtor's Chain 1
Artifact (C)
Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)
One link weighs no more than your purse, but a full chain is enough to bring you to your knees.

Boundless Brood 2
Creature - Shapeshifter (C)
Changeling (This card is every creature type.)
As Boundless Brood enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Whenever a nontoken creature of the chosen type enters the battlefield under your control, add one mana of any color.
2/1

Secret of Emrakul 3
Artifact - Clue (U)
When Secret of Emrakul enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a colorless card and reveal it. If you do, shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
Colorless spells cost you 1 less to cast.
2, T, Sacrifice Secret of Emrakul: Draw a card.

Forged Guardian 4
Artifact Creature - Construct (U)
Spend only mana produced by artifacts to cast this spell.
Vigilance
"There are no tricks or magic in here. Only sweat, steel, and the heat of the forge."
-Irillon, Forgemaster

6/6

Market Wagon 5
Creature - Vehicle (C)
Whenever Market Wagon attacks, create a Food token and a Treasure token.
Crew 2 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
5/5

Ugin, Elder Dragon 6
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
As long as it's your turn, Ugin, Elder Dragon has hexproof.
All creatures have "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice this creature unless you pay one mana of each of its colors."
Unlike his brothers and sisters, Ugin sought to learn from smaller beings, not to rule them.
5/5
Last edited by slimytrout 3 years ago, edited 6 times in total.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 3 years ago

Spawn of Hanweir 1
Creature — Eldrazi Horror (Uncommon)
Delirium — As long as there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, Spawn of Hanweir gets +2/+1.
"I still won't believe the tales. A whole town lost. I pray we can bring it to rest."
—Odric

1/1

Ashmouth Abberation 2
Creature — Eldrazi Devil (Common)
Delirium — When Ashmouth Abberation dies, it deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker. If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, it deals 3 damage to that target instead.
Even demons scour Emrakul's touch from the land.
2/1

Lunar Influence 3
Enchantment (Uncommon)
At the beginning of your upkeep, mill a card, then draw a card, then discard a card. You gain 1 life.
2C: Scry X, where X is the number of different card types among cards in your graveyard.

Stromkirk Fanatic 4
Creature — Eldrazi (Common)
Whenever Stromkirk Fanatic deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it and mill two cards.
"I drank of the blood to gain power, but Emrakul gave me the key to understanding true power."
—Runo Stromkirk

3/2

Dronepack Stalker 5
Creature — Eldrazi Werewolf (Common)
You may pay 2 and sacrifice a Wolf or Werewolf rather than pay this spell's mana cost.
There is nothing left of the wolf in there. They hunt their former packmates as readily as they do anything else."
—Arlinn Kord

4/4

Perfected Form 6
Creature — Eldrazi Insect (Mythic)
Flying
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, draw a card for each Wizard you control.
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard. If you can't, transform Perfected Form.
6/5
//
Humble Steward
Creature — Human
Protection from instants and sorceries
When this permanent transforms into Humble Steward, exile all cards from all graveyards.
If a card or token would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

With all of these entries being complete, would any of the finalists object to me closing the round and putting up the poll earlier than the deadline? @Rumpy5897 @slimytrout @Subject16
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

I'd love another 24 hours -- still not sure about one of my cards.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Understandable, with six cards per person. I'll leave it to the original deadline in that case.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Kudos to the finalists for getting their entries in quickly - you all have a bit under a day and a half to revise, the deadline stands as originally posted.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

That will do it! Poll going up soon.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”