The DCC - February 9th, 2021

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 3 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I was a little bit delayed in getting this set up, today.

Also, we have a fairly even spread of votes, today.

DCC Scoreboard

Sagharri 25 (+5)
netn10 24 (+1)
Rithaniel 19 (+2)

Indighost 13 (+2)
bravelion83 12 (+2)
emily 12
Riria 12 (+3)
archemediesx 11 (+2)
void_nothing 11 (+2)
MonoRedMage 10 (+2)
RattingRots 10 (+5)
OneAndOnly 8
Ink-Treader 2
kwanyeegor-ii 2
w0mbat 1

Probation: Pygyzy (2 days)
Probation: netn10 (16 days)

Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, MonoRedMage

Godly Mortality B
Instant (MR)
Split second
This turn, if a player who cannot lose the game would've otherwise lost, they do.
Cycling 1
"The centuries cannot carve wrinkles on my flesh. But you know what can? A regular kitchen knife." - Kaldheim God
folding_music wrote:
3 years ago
votes: Riria, Indighost

(Infodump reminds me of my fave card from Torment! Broken in dredge, but what can you do except repeatedly ban the gravetroll lol)
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, Sagharri

Warrior's Vindication 3WB
Instant (U)
This spell costs 2 less to cast if you cast it from anywhere other than your hand.
Exile target permanent.
"I can see us fighting, and you win. Can you imagine what comes afterwards?"
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, archemediesx (HM: Everyone else. Some very cool cards today!)

Plea to Heliod W
Instant (Rare)
You may put a card you own from outside the game on top of your library.
"Noting mysterious about the way Heliod will smite you."
Rithaniel wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Sagharri, MonoRedMage

Disciple of Chaos
Creature - Shapeshifter Nomad R
Haste
Whenever Disciple of Chaos attacks, if it doesn't have flying or double strike, choose one at random and it gains that ability. Otherwise, it loses flying and double strike.
"We are sending someone against you. We don't know entirely what they will do, as their will is their own, but we forewarn you that the act of sending this person against you is meant to cause harm to your war efforts."
—Radican Missive of Courtesy

3/1
Sagharri wrote:
3 years ago
RattingRots, Rithaniel

Paranoia Agent 1UB
Creature - Veldaken Rogue (R)
Skulk (This creature can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.)
Paranoia Agent gets +1/+0 for each card in defending player's hand.
"Is it really what you afraid of?
0/1
RattingRots wrote:
3 years ago
Sagharri, Indighost

Frost Mantle 1
Snow Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equip 1
Equipped creature is snow and has "T: Add one mana of any color."
archemediesx wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, bravelion83

Overwhelming Rage 1R
Instant (C)
Target creature gains berserk until end of turn. (If it would deal damage, it deals double that damage instead. If damage would destroy it for the first time this turn, remove all damage from it, it's not destroyed.)
There are those that contain their emotions, and those that are just a container for emotions.
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, archemediesx

Endless Pack 3GG
Creature - Wolf (M)
Endless Pack can't be the target of spells.
Whenever a player casts a spell, create a 2/2 green Wolf creature token.
When Endless Pack dies, you gain 2 life for each Wolf you control.
2/2
MonoRedMage wrote:
3 years ago
Votes - RattingRots, Rithaniel

Fissurefly 2RR
Creature - Elemental Insect {C}
Flying
When Fissurefly dies, destroy target land.
2/2
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
riria netn10
Indighost wrote:
3 years ago
Sagharri, voidnothing

Misplaced Mask 2
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has changeling.
3gu: Equipped creature becomes a copy of target creature until end of turn.
Equip 2
It is tempting to don a lost Littjara mask, that one might traverse the Cosmos unharmed, but be wary; who is wearing who is never certain with such relics.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

votes: Rira, void_nothing

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, RattingRots
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
MonoRedMage (I like the simplicity end elegance of the card, but I'm afraid of it in an Aristocrats-style deck, where you sacrifice it and return it repeatedly.)
Sagharri (Skulk has been proven less intuitive than it appears and the card looks like it requires constant math, both things that aren't problems to me but we know they are to some players.)
Join the Party 2G
Enchantment(R)
When Join the Party enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, choose one that hasn't been chosen. Then create a 2/2 token with the chosen characteristics.
• white Human Cleric.
• black Human Rogue.
• red Human Warrior.
• blue Human Wizard.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Indighost, bravelion83

Deadly Sin: Envy 2BB
Legendary Creature - Demon Sin (Rare)
Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, create a treasure token.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control exactly seven Sins with different names, you win the game.
3/3

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 3 years ago

bravelion83, Rithaniel

Inner Peace 1W
Sorcery (C)
Put defender counter on target creature.
Draw a card.
"Now calm down my friend." - Nawai, the Silent Torrent

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, Sagharri
@folding_music Thanks! I only balance my cards for Standard and Modern, and Grave-Troll is already banned in Modern. Might not be the ideal way to balance cards but I like it.

Nona Grey UBR
Legendary Creature - Human (MR)
Nona Grey is also a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard.
Flash, first strike, deathtouch
0: Return Nona Grey to your hand. Activate this ability only if you have a full party.
The bonds of friendship are firmer than any declaration of faith.
3/1

archemediesx

Post by archemediesx » 3 years ago

Votes: RattingRots, bravelion83

Tanglevine Monitor 3G
Creature - Lizard (C)
Trample
Shed 3GG (If this creature hasn't shed, put a -1/-1 counter it. When you do, create a token that's a copy of it. That token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.)
When you cut the tail off a tanglevine lizard, you'll have two of them returning the favor.

4/3
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, archimediesx

Ojutai's Contemplation 2U
Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1. Then you may return Ojutai's Contemplation to its owner's hand. If you do, draw a card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, Indighost (cool flavor)

Soldier of Dajhla
Artifact Creature - Golem Soldier U
: Soldier of Dajhla gets -1/-0 and gains your choice of vigilance or deathtouch until end of turn.
: Soldier of Dajhla gets -0/-1 and gains your choice of hexproof or lifelink until end of turn.
3/3
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Indighost

Post by Indighost » 3 years ago

Bravelion, rattingrots

Genome Germination {g/u}{g/u}
Instant (U)
Choose a type of counter on target creature. Put a counter of the chosen type on up to two other target creatures.
"You have something you wish to share with the class Derezi?" Miss Fribble, Simic schoolteacher

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

riria indighost

Discordant Efreet 1RR
Creature--Efreet (Rare)
Flying
Whenever Discordant Efreet attacks, targets are selected at random until end of turn
2/2
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”