New Challenge Every Day - November 4th: Creature that is the same species of a pro sports team mascot

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Creature that is the same species of a pro sports team mascot

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 9 (+3)
dyd 5 (+2)
netn10 5 (+1)
void_nothing 5 (+3)
JovialJovian 4 (+1)
kwanyeegor-ii 3
OneAndOnly 2 (+2)
Riria 2 (+2)
Pygyzy 1 (+0)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 1 (+1)
FoilSquared 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

In other words this can be an Oriole, Jaguar, Giant, Angel...

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Victory
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, slimytrout

Platinum Scepter 3
Artifact
T: Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.
7, Exile Platinum Scepter: Until end of turn, if an opponent would lose the game, you win the game instead.

IIW: removal that requires help from another player
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, slimytrout

Sleeper Victory WUUUB
Sorcery (MR)
Historic Event (Copies of Sleeper Victory can't be created. After Sleeper Victory resolves, exile it, and no spell with the same name can be cast by any player for the remainder of the game.)
Gain control of target opponent for the rest of the game. They gain control of you. If that player wins the game, you win the game, and vice-versa.

IIW: Creature card for a known planeswalker.
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Lorn Asbord Schutta, Riria

Turn Sideways xxXWWUUBBRRGG
Sorcery (MR)
Exile X target players.
slimytrout wrote:
3 years ago
dyd, void_nothing

hm: Pygyzy -- loved the earlier version that wasn't a land, but this new one doesn't work within the rules, like, at all.

Full Moon Rising 1GW
Enchantment (R)
When Full Moon Rising enters the battlefield, look at the top seven cards of your library. You may reveal a double-faced card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
Whenever a permanent you control transforms for the first time each turn, draw a card. Then you may transform Full Moon Rising.
///
Lunar Eclipse
B Enchantment (R)
Players can't cast more than one spell each turn.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control seven or more transformed permanents, you win the game.

IIW: Weather
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, JovialJovian

Impossible Victory 2WW
Sorcery (Mythic)
If you cast a blue spell this turn, destroyed a creature with a black spell, attacked with a red creature and you control a green creature, you win the game.

IIW: Rabbit
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
dyd slimytrout
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, netn10

Brobdingnagian Display R
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if permanents you control have total converted mana cost 50 or greater, you win the game.
"Ruhan must concede: That is big." - Ruhan of the Fomori

IIW: Elf Knights
MonoRedMage wrote:
3 years ago
Votes - FoilSquared, Riria
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

Atalanta, Hunting Maiden g
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod
Haste, reach
ub: Atalanta gets +X/+X, where X is your devotion to blue and black. Activate this ability only once each turn.
5G, T: Atalanta fights target creature you don't control.
1/1
What?
Show
Hide
As I'm not very familiar with sports team and their mascots, I chose to use the soccer team from my city, which is nicknamed La Dea (= "The Goddess") from a greek myth.... even if Atalanta was not a goddess - that's why I made her a Demigod.
UB alignment comes from the team colors, but the character feels very similar to Nylea / Renata.

IIW: zebra

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

My good old "dependable" local pro soccer team.

Rapid, Soaring Downwards 2U
Legendary Creature - Bird Failure (R)
Whenever Rapid attacks, blocks, or deals combat damage to a player, he deals 1 damage to himself.
When Rapid dies, he deals damage to you equal to the amount of damage that was dealt to him this turn.
2/3

IIW: Interesting downsides.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

void_nothing, dyd

Going with an unconventional choice, but I'm surprised there are none of these on cards yet:

Deepbeak Pelican 2WU
Creature - Bird (R)
Flying
When Deepbeak Pelican enters the battlefield, exile up to one target creature with power less than or equal to Deepbeak Pelican's power.
When Deepbeak Pelican leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to its owner's hand.
3/2

IIW: Doubt

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, slimytrout

The Yellow Jaguar 2GG
Legendary Creature - Cat (Rare)
Hexproof, haste
Whenever a creature you control kills another creature, draw two cards.
4/4

IIW: Double agent.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

Riria, void_nothing

Beachgoer Dolphin UR
Creature - Whale
Islandwalk
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, if that player controls twenty or more artifacts, you win the game.
T: Target opponent gains control of target artifact you control.
1/4

IIW: Sponsored content

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, slimytrout

Urbis Giant 3WW
Creature - Giant (U)
W: Urbis Giant gains vigilance until end of turn.
1W: Urbis Giant gains lifelink until end of turn.
2W: Urbis Giant gains nonbasic landwalk until end of turn.
4/5

IIW: Holy or unholy relics
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

netn10 void_nothing

Bog Devil 1BR
Creature--Devil (Rare)
T: Target land becomes a Swamp for as long as you control Bog Devil. Its controller discards a card. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
T: Target land becomes a Mountain for as long as you control Bog Devil. Bog Devil deals 2 damage to its controller. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
1/1

iiw enchantments matter
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”