Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Do something with Lairs

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 66 (+2)
netn10 54 (+3)
dyd 49 (+0)
Riria 46 (+1)
OneAndOnly 36
void_nothing 36 (+3)
JovialJovian 33 (+3)
kwanyeegor-ii 13
MonoRedMage 13
CunningGabe 12
Pygyzy 11 (+2)
FoilSquared 9
Oskeo 7
TheAmericanSpirit 6
Legend 5
Lorn Asbord Schutta 3
BaconCatBug 1
.::Note of the Day::.

The Lair type was used on Planeshift's trilands cycle.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Three-color Sagas
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Windrunner Ideals GWU
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I - Put a flying counter on a creature you control. It gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
II - Put a vigilance counter on a creature you control. Prevent all damage to creatures you control that have neither flying nor vigilance until end of turn.
III - Prevent all damage to creatures you control that are either red or black until end of turn.

IIW: Red clerics
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, JovialJovian

Khanfall
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I — Each player creates a 2/2 colorless creature token.
II — Create a 4/4 black, green and blue Dragon creature token with flying and deathtouch.
III — Destroy all non-Dragon creatures. Scry X, where X is the number of creatures destroyed this way.

IIW: dancing
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
netn10, Pygyzy

The Theriad GWU
Enchantment - Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a Lore counter. Sacrifice after IV.)
I - Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
II - Put a +1/+1 counter and a first strike counter on up to one target creature.
III - Put two +1/+1 counters and a trample counter on up to one target creature.
IV - Put three +1/+1 counters on up to one target creature. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, draw that many cards.

IIW: Sponsored content.
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, JovialJovian

Rise of the Eldrazi 2BRG
Enchantment - Saga (Rare)
I - Create Three 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
II - Create a 6/6 colorless Eldrazi creature token with annihilator 1.
III - Search your library for a legendary Eldrazi creature card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

IIW: Boros commander with no combat matter mechanics.
slimytrout wrote:
3 years ago
Riria, void_nothing
hm: dyd (needed "if cast from hand" text)

The Coil Is Broken 1RWG
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Until your next turn, players can't cast creature spells.
II - Destroy target noncreature permanent.
III - Creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain trample until end of turn. They attack this combat if able.

IIW: The Dreaming
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
pygyzy jovialjovian
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, slimytrout

Dakkon Takes His Vengeance 1WUB
Enchantment - Saga (R)
| - Discard any number of cards and sacrifice any number of creatures. You gain that much life.
|| - If you have fewer cards in hand than an opponent, draw three cards. Otherwise, draw two cards.
||| - If you control fewer creatures than an opponent, return up to two target non-enchantment permanent cards from your graveyard to the battlefield. Otherwise, return one target.

IIW: "Until (something) leaves the battlefield"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10
SPOILER
Show
Hide
slimytrout wrote:
3 years ago
hm: dyd (needed "if cast from hand" text)
Ooops... you're right

Druid Replica 3
Artifact Creature - Druid
When Druid Replica dies, search your library for a Lair or basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
{2/g}{2/g}, Sacrifice Druid Replica: You gain life equal to the number of Lairs you control plus 2.
2/2

IIW: jigsaw puzzles

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

dyd, void_nothing

Hoard Thief RU
Creature - Human Rogue (U)
Haste
Lairwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a Lair.)
Whenever Hoard Thief deals combat damage to a player, you may gain control of target artifact that player controls.
2/2

IIW: Pair legends

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Learning To Be Evil 1UU
Sorcery (R)
Draw two cards. If you know what a Lair is and can explain it in a sentence, draw three cards instead.
"Everyone knows that what a super villain truly needs... is a generic upper end apartment. Lairs are moldy."

IIW: Untap abilities.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, slimytrout

Extraplanar Lair
Land - Lair (Rare)
T: Exile a Lair card from your hand.
T: Extraplanar Lair becomes a copy of target land in exile.

IIW: Encore.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

void_nothing, netn10(I very nearly did Rise myself)

Trapdoor Widow 2GW
Creature - Spider
T: Exile target creature that's attacking you or a planeswalker you control until Trapdoor Widow leaves the battlefield. Activate this ability only if you control an untapped Lair, and only before blockers are declared.
2/5

IIW: Honor and Glory

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Fortified Lair
Land — Lair (C)
T: Add c.
Fortifications you cast cost 1 less for each other Lair your control.

Dyd,void_nothing
IIW: Halloween

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, slimytrout

Aerie of the Ur-Dragon 3
Legendary Artifact (M)
Whenever you tap a Lair for mana, add one mana of a different color (than you tapped it for).
Creatures you control enter the battlefield with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on them equal to the amount of mana produced by Lairs spent to cast them.
Whenever you cast a legendary Dragon spell, if you cast six or more mana from Lairs to cast it, any number of players each draws a card and creates a token copy of a colored nonlegendary permanent they control.
3, T: Target land becomes a Lair in addition to its other types.

IIW: Nonblack necromancy
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”