Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
7 on the Storm Scale

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
dyd 31 (+2)
netn10 31 (+3)
Raptorchan 30
void_nothing 29 (+2)
JovialJovian 24 (+2)
jamblock 18 (+1)
BaconCatBug 16 (+4)
Riria 14
ECPmath 12
Feyd_Ruin 7
CunningGabe 4
kwanyeegor-ii 1
MonoRedMage 1
.::Note of the Day::.

The Storm Scale listing is here.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Make a new keyword action (e.g. "is put into a graveyard from the battlefield" becomes "dies")
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, BaconCatBug

Hunger-Crazed Smilodon 1gg
Creature - Cat
Feed 1g (1g, Sacrifice a creature with lesser toughness or a Food: Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature)
Hunger-Crazed Smilodon has haste and trample as long as it fed this turn.
2/2

IIW: into your library N-th from the top
BaconCatBug wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10
IIW: An Iconic creature in an enemy color (e.g. a Red and/or Black Angel, etc).

Tundra Elemental 3WW
Snow Creature — Elemental
SS: Freeze target tapped creature. (That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step)
1WW: Prevent the next 3 damage that would be dealt to Tundra Elemental this turn.
4/3
Raptorchan wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, netn10

Iaido Master 1gw
Creature - Human Warrior (R)
First strike
Whenever a spell or ability you control causes a creature you control to fight another target creature, creature you control assaults that creature instead (A creature that assaults another target creature deals damage equal to its power to it.)
3/2
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, BaconCatBug

Travel the Graves 4BB
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Choose one -
* Raise three target creature cards you control. (Return that creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
* Revive target creature card you control. (Return that creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

IIW: Three colored vehicle
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
dyd, BaconCatBug

Duplicate 2UU
Sorcery
Clone target creature. (Create a token that's a copy of target creature.)

IIW: Cipher
MonoRedMage wrote:
3 years ago
Votes - BaconCatBug, jamblock

Kill-Suit Runner R
Creature - Goblin Berserker {U}
When Kill-Suit Runner enters the battlefield, filch a card. (Exile the top card of your library. You may play it this turn.)
Kill-Suit Runner attacks each combat if able.
Hellbent - Kill-Suit Runner has menace as long as you have no cards in hand.
1/1

IIW: Legendary enchantments
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Pressure-Point Expert 3B
Creature - Human Assassin (U)
Lifelink
When Pressure-Point Expert enters the battlefield, render target player or planeswalker vulnerable. (If a source would deal damage to that player or planeswalker this turn, that source deals that much damage plus 1 instead.)
2/3

IIW: Vanillas or French vanillas
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, JovialJovian
HM
Show
Hide
BaconCatBug... I liked the design, but I remembered it from a previous challenge :woozy:
Nyxborn Centaur
Enchantment Creature - Centaur Warrior
Bestow 3gg
Flanking (Whenever a creature without flanking blocks this creature, the blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has flanking.
3/3

IIW: party-like mechanic with other creature types

BaconCatBug
Pronoun: xe /xim

Post by BaconCatBug » 3 years ago

Swampy Throne 3
Artifact — Enchantment
Living weapon (When this Equipment enters the battlefield, put a 0/0 black Germ creature token onto the battlefield, then attach this to it.)
Equipped creature gets -1/+3.
Equipped creature has vigilance and "Whenever this creature blocks or is blocked, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
Equip 3

Votes: MonoRedMage void_nothing
IIW: A small dragon or big goblin
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
HM
Show
Hide
BaconCatBug... I liked the design, but I remembered it from a previous challenge :woozy:
Hey...
Show
Hide
If it fits, it fits. :) I could be extra cheeky and submit it again for this challenge since both Snow and Samite Healer are 7 on the Storm Scale.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, MonoRedMage

Expedition Recruiter 1W
Creature - Human (Rare)
Expedition Recruiter is also a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior and Wizard.
Kinship — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Expedition Recruiter, you may reveal it. If you do, each player draws a card.
2/2

IIW: Party on Non-Zendikar.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

MonoRedMage, dyd

Shadow, Living Weapon, and Meld are all 7s on the storm scale...

Mantle of Rath 3
Artifact - Equipment
Living weapon
Equipped creature gets +2/+1 and has shadow.
(Melds with Forgotten Lord.)
Equip 4B

Forgotten LordWU
Creature - Spirit Noble
Flying
When an equipment named Mantle of Rath becomes attached to Forgotten Lord, if you both own and control Forgotten Lord and that equipment, exile them and meld them into Vuel, Evincar of Shadow.
2/2

Vuel, Evincar of the Shadows
(WUB)Legendary Creature - Praetor
Flying, shadow, haste
Whenever a creature you control with shadow deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create a 1/1 black Dauthi Nightmare creature token with shadow.
B, Tap X untapped creatures with shadow you control: Target creature without shadow gets -X/-X and gains shadow until end of turn. X can't be 0.
4/3

IIW: CMC=10

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, JovialJovian

Darkslick Ripper 2UBB
Creature - Crab Horror (U)
Infect
Darkslick Ripper has first strike and hexproof as long as it has attacked this turn.
4/4

IIW: Camping!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd netn10

Cephalid Mesmerizer 2U
Creature--Cephalid Wizard (Uncommon)
Whenever Cephalid Mesmerizer deals combat damage to a player, look at the top card of their library. You may exile it
Threshold--Cephalid Mesmerizer can't be blocked if you have seven or more cards in your graveyard
2/2

iiw multikicker
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”