New Challenge Every Day - April 30: Red or black enchantment removal with a terrible downside

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Red or black enchantment removal with a terrible downside

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
dyd 55 (+2)
Subject16 51 (+2)
JovialJovian 47 (+3)
void_nothing 46 (+0)
Guardman 42
netn10 36 (+3)
w0mbat 33
kwanyeegor-ii 8 (+1)
folding_music 6
Mimicvat 3 (+3)
Phyrexian Editor 2 (+2)
RattingRots 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Lycanthropy
dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, JovialJovian

Waning Moon (r/g)(r/g)
Enchantment
Humans you control are Werewolves in addition to their other types.
Werewolves you control get +1/+1 and have haste and trample.
Vanishing 7 (This enters the battlefield with seven time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
Whenever you cast a non-Werewolf spell, remove a time counter from Waning Moon.

IIW: non-blue card about weather
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Mimicvat, Phyrexian Editor

Scientist of the Forbidden 1GU
Creature - Human (Rare)
1G: Scientist of the Forbidden loses all abilities and becomes a 5/5 Werewolf with trample and haste.
1U: Scientist of the Forbidden loses all abilities and becomes a 3/3 Insect with flying and hexproof.
1/1

IIW: Bonders of Ikoria vs Humanity
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
4 years ago
netn10, JovialJovian

{Silver Border}
Were-Squirrel
Creature - Human Squirrel {R}
Squirreltouch (Whenever this deals damage to a creature, that creature becomes a green 1/1 squirrel with no abilities.)
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, you may have Were-Squirrel deal 1 damage to target creature.
3/3

IIW: A new mechanic involving exiling.
Mimicvat wrote:
4 years ago
(*I edited mine to be +6/+1, it needed to have +1 toughness being a 0/0 germ lol)

Votes: netn10, subject16

Lycan-serum Dart 1r
Instant (U)
Deal 2 damage to target creature or player. If a creature is dealt damage this way, it becomes a Werewolf and gains "At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature"

IIW: A power nine card that doesn't mention mana, cards or turns
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
4 years ago
dyd jovialjovian

Talisman of the Howlpack R
Enchantment (Uncommon)
2R: Target Werewolf gets +1/+0 until end of turn. If it's a Human, it gains first strike until end of turn. Otherwise, it gains trample until end of turn
Whenever you attack with five or more Wolves and/or Werewolves, create a 2/2 green Wolf creature token

iiw nonblack demons
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
dyd, MimicVat

Call of the Moon 3R
Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, gain control of target creature an opponent controls until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste and becomes a Werewolf in addition to its other types. (This effect lasts indefinitely.)
2RR: Gain control of target Wolf or Werewolf an opponent controls until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn and attacks this combat if able.

IIW: Sleeping
JovialJovian wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, Subject16

Lycanthropy 2RR
Enchantment - Aura
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Lycanthropy.
-----
Form of the Werewolf
REnchantment
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform _.
When this card transforms into ~, or at the beginning of your upkeep, your life total becomes 6 and you may have it deal 6 damage divided as you choose among any number of targets.
You can't cast spells.

IIW: Form of the...
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Phyrexian Editor, Mimicvat

Werehippo 2GG
Creature - Human Hippo Warrior (U)
Whenever Werehippo attacks, tap all lands defending player controls and untap a land you control.
4GG: Monstrosity 3.
As long as Werehippo is monstrous, it has protection from blue and from black.
3/3

IIW: Green creature removal
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mimicvat

Post by Mimicvat » 4 years ago

vote: subject16, jovialjovian

Hammer of Hephaestus 1r
Sorcery (R)
Shuffle target enchantment an opponent controls into it's owner's library. It's owner creates X X/X red elementals, where X is it's converted mana cost.
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Panic Response RR
Instant (R)
Destroy target permanent and all lands you control.
"Nothing is more destructive than a fire set out of fear." - Suq'Ata aphorism

IIW: Curses
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Votes: Subject16, kwanyeegor-ii

Unravelling Sky 2b
Enchantment
At the beginning of your end step, each opponent sacrifices an enchantment. When they do, you lose life equal to their total converted mana cost.
"I'll tear down Nyx piece by piece, if it's the last thing I do."

IIW: three-color landfolk

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, Mimicvat

Ambitious Purification B
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Destroy each enchantment you don't control. You lose 2 life for each enchantment destroyed this way.

IIW: New two color faction set

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

JovialJovian, void_nothing

Nightmare Unending 2BB
Enchantment — Aura Curse (Rare)
Enchant player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player sacrifices an enchantment.
Each non-Aura enchantment enchanted player is a Nightmare creature in addition to its other types and has base power and base toughness each equal to its converted mana cost and attacks you each combat if able.

IIW: Curses

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 4 years ago

Mimicvat, Jovial Jovian

Nasty Kluge 2
Instant - Hack {U}
Destroy target permanent you don't control. Its controller may search their library for a permanent card. If they do, they put that card onto the battlefield phased out. (It's treated as though it doesn't exist. It phases in before its controller untaps during their untap step.)
"We're jacked in, but let's get out quick—I think we may have tripped some kind of alarm."

IIW: A Kaladesh version of an attack helicopter

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Votes: dyd, kwanyeegor-ii

Temple Invader 2RR
Enchantment Creature - Cyclops
When ~ enters the battlefield, any opponent may sacrifice an enchantment. If a player does, that player gains control of ~.
4/4

IIW: Phyrexia invades Alara

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

mimicvat jovialjovian

Battle of Lost Hallowing 1BB
Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, destroy target creature or enchantment an opponent controls
Creatures your opponents control get +1/+1 and have deathtouch
Enchantments your opponents control have "At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life"

iiw Something in reverse
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”