Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
punk rock

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Ink-Treader 23 (+3)
RattingRots 22
Guardman 20 (+3)
JovialJovian 17 (+1)
dyd 15 (+2)
netn10 15 (+3)
folding_music 14 (+4)
Zemoo 13 (+1)
void_nothing 11 (+2)
haywire 6
Henlock 5 (+0)
wizyard 5
kwanyeegor-ii 4
chochky 2
.::Note of the Day::.
Needless to say this challenge seems open-ended.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Gideon: Back from Death!
dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, Guardman

Kytheon Reborn 2ww
Legendary Creature - Demigod Soldier
Indestructible, vigilance
Whenever ~ attacks, each other creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2w, t: Target creature or planeswalker gains indestructible until end of turn.
4/4

IIW: hybrid charm
folding_music wrote:
4 years ago
votes: void_nothing, netn10

Iguideon gg
Creature - Lizard (U)
Prevent all combat damage dealt to Iguideon.
That's the trouble with reincarnation.
1/1

IIW: colour/land/type/subtype hacking
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: dyd, Ink-Treader

Kyteon From Beyond WW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier (Mythic)
Kytheon escapes transformed.
Escape - WW, Exile two cards from your graveyard.
4/1
/////
Kytheon Without Memory
Legendary Planeswalker - Kytheon (Mythic)
+1: Creatures you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
0: Until end of turn, Kytheon becomes a 4/1 Human Soldier creature that's still a planeswalker.

IIW: Return to Tarkir
Guardman wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: folding_music and Ink-Treader

Gideon, Hero of Ravnica 1rw
Legendary Creature - Demigod
Whenever you attack with three or more creatures, you may pay 2rw. If you do, return Gideon, Hero of Ravnica from your graveyard or from exile to the battlefield tapped and attacking. Other creatures you control gain +1/+1 until end of turn.
4/4
Never forgotten, the hero Gideon returned when Ravnica needed him most.

IIW: A Superhero with Heroic
JovialJovian wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Guardman, folding_music

Returned Irregular 1B
Creature - Zombie Soldier
You may cast ~ from your graveyard if you control a creature named Kytheon Returned.
2WW: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a white legendary Human Soldier named Kytheon Returned with base power and toughness 4/4 and gains indestructible.
2/2

IIW: Diseases and parasites
Zemoo wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: folding_music, void_nothing

Gideon, the Death Spark
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon (M)
+3: Create an Black Enchantment token that is an Aura-Enchant Creature an Opponent Controls, and has "Damage is dealt to enchanted creature in the form of -1/-1 counters" You may attach that aura to up to one target creature an opponent controls
+1: ~ becomes a creature with power and toughness equal to it's loyalty, and has, whenever damage would be dealt to this permanent, prevent that damage and remove that many loyalty counters from it" until end of turn. (it does not gain haste)
-2: Destroy target creature with a -1/-1 counter on it

IIW: Bird Tribal
haywire wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: folding_music, guardman

Kytheon Eternal 2BB
Legendary Creature- Zombie Soldier {M}
Other Zombies you control get +1/+1 and have menace.
When Kytheon enters the battlefield or dies, amass 4.
2BB,, sacrifice an Army: Create X 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens, where X is half of the sacrificed creature's power, rounded down.
Eternalize 7B
Not even in death could he finally escape Bolas's clutches.
2/2

IIW: Iconic creatures not in their normal colors (non-white angels, non-blue sphinxes, non-black demons, non-red dragons, non-green hydras)
Ink-Treader wrote:
4 years ago
Vote: netn10 and JovialJovian

Kytheon, Reborn Champion 4WW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier (M)
You may cast Kytheon, Reborn Champion from your graveyard if you control no other creatures if you exile five other cards from your graveyard.
Indestructible
Whenever Kytheon. Reborn Champion attacks, you may tap up to two target creatures defending player controls.
The greatest heroes of Theros choose to earn their place in Ilysia again and again.
4/4
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
netn10, JovialJovian

Gideon, Audacious Hero 2WW
Planeswalker - Gideon
-1: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
-2: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a 5/5 Human Soldier creature with indestructible that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
Escape—Tap four untapped white creatures you control, and exile four other cards from your graveyard.

IIW: Multicolored saga
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: dyd, Zemoo

Hero Within All 1WW
Enchantment (M)
Planeswalkers lose all activated abilities that cost plus or zero loyalty and have "+1: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until the beginning of your next turn."
Nonplaneswalker creatures lose all activated abilities and have "T: All damage that would be dealt to another target creature this turn is dealt to this creature instead."
Such was Gideon's greatness that even his memory can be credited with great feats.

IIW: Double or triple
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

haywire

Post by haywire » 4 years ago

Votes: folding_music, dyd

Rix Maadi Rock
Artifact
Rix Maadi Rock enters the battlefield tapped.
XXBB, , sacrifice Rix Maadi Rock: Each opponent sacrifices X permanents, then loses 3 life for each land sacrificed this way.
4RR, , sacrifice Rix Maadi Rock: It deals 4 damage to each creature, planeswalker and player. Whenever a permanent dealt damage this way would die, exile it instead.
2BBRR, , sacrifice Rix Maadi Rock: Target creature becomes a legendary black and red Demon named Shade of Rakdos with base power and toughness 6/6. It loses all abilities and gains flying, trample, and ", sacrifice another creature: Exile target creature with power X or less. Shade of Rakdos deals X damage to that creature's controller."
"Lord Rakdos, a slight miscalculation in the summoning appears to have trapped you in this, erm, pebble."- Panjandrum, last words

IIW: Splice

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, Ink-Treader

Punk Rock 3
Artifact (Common)
Graft 1
T: Add G or U.
It all started when a Simic mage wandered what if rocks could talk. He never made that mistake again.

IIW: Ravnica version 4.

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10 ("escapes transformed" 👍), Guardman

The Offspring 3rg
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, create a token that's a copy of it, except it has base power and toughness 1/1 and it's a Scion in addition to its other creature types.
Scions you control have haste, vigilance and menace.
4/4

IIW: split card

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, haywire

Chumbawamba 1RG
Creature - Chumbawamba
When ~ dies or is put into exile from the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of your next upkeep.
When ~ enters the battlefield, you can't draw cards this turn.
T, Sacrifice ~: Add WUB
3/3

IIW: Barnyard denizens

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 4 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian and folding_music (I laughed way too hard when I read the flavor text and everything clicked. :laugh: )

Green Day 1g
Enchantment - Saga
I - Scry 3.
II - Clash with an opponent. If you win, put a lore counter on Green Day. (Each clashing player reveals the top card of their library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A player wins if their card had a higher converted mana cost.)
III - Search your library for a forest and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.

IIW: A creature with both Unearth and Escape.

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 4 years ago

folding_music, JovialJovian

Stay or Go 1U
Instant (C)
Choose target creature an opponent controls. Clash with that player. If you win or tie, put that creature on top of its owner's library.

iiw: rock, paper, scissors
Last edited by wizyard 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

votes: haywire, netn10

Black Flag 2b
Artifact - Equipment Fortification (R)
Whenever any opponent plays a spell or ability with a single target while Black Flag is attached to a creature, that spell or ability targets equipped creature instead of its original target.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, attach Black Flag to target land they control.
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, its controller sacrifices all lands with the same name as that land.
Equip

IIW: bags, backpacks and baskets

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

jovialjovian zemoo

Rock Punk R
Creature--Elemental Rogue (Uncommon)
4{R/G}, Sacrifice Rock Punk: Destroy target artifact.
Persist
Some cinders just inhabited new elements
1/2

iiw what if the aurora happened to a non lorwyn plane
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

folding_music, netn10

Gang of Four 2WB
Enchantment (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 white and black Human Advisor creature tokens.
Whenever four or more creatures you control attack or block, one of those creatures gains deathtouch until end of turn.

IIW: Spell that can't be cast from your hand.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: folding_music, JovialJovian

Aging Hero 1W
Creature - Human Spellshaper (R)
4W, T, Discard a card: Separate all creature cards in your graveyard into two piles. Exile the pile of an opponent's choice and return the other to the battlefield.
"I've fought a long time. I've fought for my brothers and raised them to fight. I don't want to become just another story."
2/1

IIW: Non-evasion evergreen combat keywords
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”