Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

January CCL Finals

"Mechanical Engineering"

f8bd33ba6a572242b579e7bb8577c096.jpg
Chief Engineer by Steven Belledin
Welcome to the Card Creation League!

Theme

This month, the CCL has been doing noncreature mechanics -- in the finals, we're going all out with our competitors' four mechanics:
  • Splice
  • Fortify
  • Jump-Start
  • Totem Armor

Challenge
    Design the following four cards using all five colors and all four rarities:
    • A instant or sorcery with one of the above mechanics.
    • An artifact or enchantment with a different one of the mechanics.
    • A planeswalker that uses the name of a third mechanic (e.g., Wrenn and Six or Narset Transcendent)
    • A creature that uses the name of the final mechanic (e.g., Snapcaster Mage or Keldon Warcaller)

Clarifications
      Show
      Hide
      • Each of the four mechanics has to be represented on exactly one of the cards, and each card has to have exactly one of the mechanics. How you distribute them among the four types is up to you.
      • Among your cards, there has to be at least one white card, at least one blue card, etc., as well as exactly one common, one uncommon, etc.
      • There are a lot of moving parts for this challenge, so if you have any further questions, or if you need an extension, don't hesitate to ask.
      Competitors:

[mention]void_nothing[/mention]
      [mention]Ink-Treader[/mention]

Your submissions are (tentatively) due Wednesday, February 5th, 23:59 EST.
      Schedule
      • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (January 1st–7th)
      • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (January 8th–14th)
      • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due January 17th)
      • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (January 18th–21st)
      • Top 8 Critiques (Due January 23rd)
      • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (January 24th–27th)
      • Top 4 Critiques (Due January 29th)
      • Final (End of month, winner determined by public poll)

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Breath Tax B
Instant (C)
Each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.
Splice onto instant or sorcery—1B or tap an untapped Vampire you control (As you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)
Death is cheaper.

Druidic Binding GGGG
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant land
Totem armor
You control enchanted land. It's a 4/4 Elemental creature with vigilance, haste and "This can't be sacrificed." It's still a land.
Worse than druids could borrow your local landmarks. At least they'll bring it back how they found it.

Ral, Visionary Experimenter XUR
Legendary Planeswalker - Ral (M)
Instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard with converted mana cost less than or equal to Ral, Visionary Experimenter's loyalty have jump-start.
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card unless you exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard.
-3: When you cast your next instant or sorcery card this turn, copy it. You may choose new targets for the copy. If you cast that spell from your graveyard, copy it twice instead.
<X>

Conquest Architect 1W
Creature - Human Artificer (U)
When Conquest Architect enters the battlefield, you may attach a Fortification you control to target land you control.
T: Target fortified land you control becomes a 3/3 Construct creature with first strike until end of turn. It's still a land.
"A fortress is only suitable to hold what you have. I can do better."
1/3
Last edited by Ink-Treader 4 years ago, edited 7 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Fulguritize 1RR
Instant (R)
Target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains jump-start until end of turn. Whenever you cast a spell with the same name as that card this turn, that spell deals damage equal to its converted mana cost to target creature.
Jump-start
Ral and Mizzix's target-zapping contests featured infinite do-overs.

Healers' Ward 2
Artifact - Fortification (C)
Fortified land has "T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to any target this turn."
Tap two untapped Clerics you control: Untap fortified land.
Fortify 2

Estrid, Who Communes with Umbras GWU
Legendary Planeswalker - Estrid (M)
+2: All Auras you control attached to permanents you control gain totem armor until the beginning of your next turn.
-2: Create a green, white, and blue Aura enchantment token named Estrid's Glory attached to target creature. The token has enchant creature and "Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has flying, vigilance, and trample."
-8: Exile all permanents that aren't enchantments, enchanted, or Estrid.
{[4]}

Obsessive Akuba 1B
Creature - Spirit (U)
Whenever you splice a card onto a spell, Obsessive Akuba gets +1/+1 and gains lifelink until end of turn.
Discard a black card: Add BB. Spend this mana only to pay splice costs.
Left to their own devices, they would steal all of Takenuma's mana, channeling it into a single dark purpose.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout

Ink-Treader wrote:
4 years ago
Still might make changes.
Do you want me to hold the round open longer for you to do so? I don't have a particular problem with that, but if I don't hear from you explicitly that you'd like that, at midnight I'm probably going to close the round and open the poll.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

slimytrout wrote:
Ink-Treader wrote:
4 years ago
Still might make changes.
Do you want me to hold the round open longer for you to do so? I don't have a particular problem with that, but if I don't hear from you explicitly that you'd like that, at midnight I'm probably going to close the round and open the poll.
Close it when it's supposed to close. I've made the last critical change, anything else will be proofreading

slimytrout

Round is closed and poll is up.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”