The DCC - January 20, 2020

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Slowly getting back to a normal schedule.

DCC Scoreboard

slimytrout 47 (+9)
void_nothing 46 (+2)
netn10 43 (+1)
bravelion83 42 (+1)
Gateways7 37 (+3)
RattingRots 35 (+3)
Henlock 32
Legend 25 (+1)
jamblock 23
marioguy3 14 (+2)
Rithaniel 9
kwanyeegor-ii 2

Probation: Gateways7 (18 days)

bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, Gateways7

Ransack Trash 1UR
Sorcery (R)
Create a 2/2 blue Human creature token named Trash Ransacker with "When this creature dies, return target card with flashback not named Ransack Trash from your graveyard to your hand."
Flashback 3UR (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Gateways7, slimytrout

Infinitely Powerless 1
Enchantment - Aura (Common)
Enchant creature you don't control.
Enchanted creature loses all abilities and is a colorless Statue creature with base power and toughness 1/1 and is Indestructible. (It loses all other card types and creature types.)
Legend wrote:
4 years ago
Rat , Slimy

Seek Out New Life (Rare)
3G
Sorcery
Diverge 9W (This spell is divergent if you cast it for 9W.)
Create a token that's a copy of target creature you control. If this spell is divergent, for each creature card in your graveyard, create a token that's a copy of that card instead.
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
RattingRots, marioguy3

Deceitful Dreams 1UU
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
When Deceitful Dreams enters the battlefield, tap target creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
4UU, Sacrifice Deceitful Dreams: Gain control of enchanted creature.
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
Legend, marioguy3

Sinking Isle
Land (R)
: Add .
1, , Sacrifice ~: Search your library for a land card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your library.
Gateways7 wrote:
4 years ago
netn10, slimytrout

Multiversal Clash 1G
Enchantment (rare)
Whenever a planeswalker enters the battlefield under your control, it deals damage equal to the number of loyalty counters on it to target creature or planeswalker.
1G, Sacrifice Multiversal Clash: Proliferate, then draw a card.
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, slimytrout

Visions of Dream World
Sorcery (Common)
Look at the top three cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Each opponent may scry 1.
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
vpidnpthing, Gateways7

Predatory Urge 1bg
ISorceey (u)
Detroy target creature you don't control. Target creature you control gains trample until end od turn.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
4 years ago
slimytrout voidnothing

Phyrexian Kowtow W
Sorcery (Common)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, tap an untapped creature you control.
You gain 5 life. Proliferate.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, slimytrout

Prototype Shielding 3WW
Instant (U)
Until end of turn, damage is dealt to you in the form of E (energy counters. The damage causes you to get that many counters instead of losing life).
Draw a card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes:
netn10 (I like all the card, but I'm just in love with the name)
RattingRots

Fickle Mirage 3WW
Enchantment(R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one —
• Manifest the top card of your library. (Put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)
• Return target face-down creature you control to its owner's hand.
"It looks the more real the closer you get, but then when you get there it disappears! What strange trick is this?"
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: Legend, Gateways7

Pincherdiver 3U
Creature - Bird Pincher (U)
Flying
T: Target colorless permanent gains hexproof until end of turn.
When Pincherdiver dies, create two 2/2 colorless Pincher creature tokens.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

slimy , voidy (damn awesome. just feels like it belonged in AR)

Zero Stone (Uncommon)
Artifact
T: Add one mana of any color.
4, T, Exile Zero Stone: Exile a permanent.
Last edited by Legend 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Fight or Flight 2R
Sorcery (Common)
Choose one:
* Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
* Up to three target creatures can't block this turn.

Gateways7
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Gateways7 » 4 years ago

kwanyeegor, voidnothing

Planar Extinction 1UUBBRR
Sorcery (mythic)
Destroy all non-planeswalker permanents. Each player draws cards until they have seven cards in their hand.
As Skalla burned, Bolas laughed.

ayssia

Post by ayssia » 4 years ago

RattingRots, void_nothing

Experiment Warden GU
Creature — Human Fish Mutant (Rare)
Hexproof
Qualified Simic spells cost 1 less to cast. (Spells with three or more creature types are Qualified Simic.)
2/2

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

netn10, voidnotjing

Uprise of the Elements 2wr
Instant (r)
Return any numner of permanents you own to your hand, then create an X/X red and white Elemental creature token, whete X is the number of permanents returned to your hand this way.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Gateways7, Henlock

hm: void_nothing -- cool idea, but "in the form of" is only used in reminder text, not rules text.

Evangel of Peace 1W
Creature - Human Cleric (R)
W, T: Remove target creature you control and target creature you don't control from combat.
0/2

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Channeling Philosopher
Legendary Creature - Human Philosopher (Mythic Rare)
Activated non-mana abilities of lands you control cost less to activate.
Whenever a land creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a 2/2 red and green elemental creature token.
1/3
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

slimytrout, Henlock

Tale of Sapphire 1U
Enchantment - Saga (U)
1 - Target player draws a card at the beginning of next turn's upkeep.
2 - Target creature an opponent controls phases out. (While it's phased out, it's treated as though it doesn't exist. It phases in before its controller untaps during their next untap step.)
3 - Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

rattingrots henlock

Steel Legion WWW
Artifact Creature--Soldier (Rare)
Plainswalk
When Steel Legion enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 colorless Soldier artifact creature tokens
3/1
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”