The DCC - January 4, 2020

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Late night tonight, expect tomorrow's thread to go up earlier than this one.

DCC Scoreboard

slimytrout 9 (+6)
netn10 8 (+2)
Gateways7 6 (+3)
Henlock 5 (+2)
void_nothing 4 (+2)
Rithaniel 3 (+3)
Legend 2 (+1)
bravelion83 1 (+0)
marioguy3 1

bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Taking over January, was worried you might have to deal with me hosting this in February too but it looks like we have some people stepping up, which is encouraging.
More than stepping up, returning to do what I once did. I'll take it as a sign that you're fine with me hosting the DCC in February, even if I haven't seen any official messages anywhere so far. Ok, if nobody has any objection I will take over on February 3rd. I guess now it's official. I will try to keep the same time for the daily threads (which means around midnight EST, which is 6 AM CEST). Ok, now let's discuss this in the discussion thread.

Votes: void_nothing, Gateways7

Peek Into the Future XU
Sorcery (U)
Scry X.
Draw a card.
"When you're waiting for something, time never passes. I can make it pass for you."
—Teferi

No, this doesn't exist yet. I've checked.
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
void_nothing, rithaniel

Ordeals of Ascension 1BB
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Discard a card.
II - Sacrifice a nonland permanent.
III - You lose 5 life.
IV - You win the game.
Legend wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Slimy , Net

A New Hope (Rare)
XB
Sorcery
Put target planeswalker card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control with X loyalty counters on it.
Gateways7 wrote:
4 years ago
slimytrout, Rithaniel

Returned Orator WB
Creature - Zombie Soldier (rare)
Returned Orator gets +1/+1 for each Aura attached to it.
Returned Orator gets +1/+1 for each Saga you control.
The dead walk again, with new power to wield and new stories to tell.
2/2
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Gateways7, Henlock

Apotheosis of Slime
Creature - Ooze Avatar R
Apotheosis of Slime gets +1/+1 for each creature on the battlefield with base power and toughness 0/0.
"It might not be the oldest slime, nor the most powerful. But it certainly is the purest."
—Welca Narnia, ooze biologist

0/0
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, Gateway7

Manipulate History 1U
Sorcery (Uncommon)
For each saga you control, you may put a lore counter on it, remove a lore counter from it or keep it as it is.
Draw a card.
History always repeats itself by the hands of the right chronomancers.
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
netn10, marioguy

Underworld Traitor 1bb
Creature - Giant Horror (r)
At the beginning of your upkeep, lose life equal to your devotion to black.
5/5
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Legend, slimytrout

Banegrass Snake
Creature - Snake (Rare)
Reach, Vigilance
Whenever Banegrass Snake becomes blocked, it deals 6 damage to each creature you don't control with flying.
6/6
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Rithaniel, Henlock

Prince of Wavering Shadows 1BB
Creature - Vampire (M)
Flying, deathtouch
Other Vampires you control get +1/+1, can't block, and can't be blocked.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: Henlock, void_nothing

The First Flora G
Enchantment — Saga (U)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after V.)
I, II, III, IV, V — Choose a color that hasn't been chosen. Add one mana of that color. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Legend, bravelion

Banisher Duelist 1WB
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Whenever Banisher Duelist deals damage to a creature, exile that creature until Banisher Duelist leaves the battlefield.
His blade cuts the air with the screams of a thousand imprisoned souls.
1/4

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, Rithaniel

Power Whisperer B
Creature - Human Warlock (Mythic)
Creature cards you own in every zone other than the battlefield are 8/8 black Demons in addition to their other colors and types.
"My whispers are not lies but potential, waiting for someone to exploit."
1/1

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Deepstone Hellion
Creature - Hellion R
Deepstone Hellion enters the battlefield tapped with a slumber counter on it.
As long as Deepstone Hellion has a slumber counter on it, it's a Mountain land. (It's not a creature.)
Whenever you cast a red instant or sorcery, remove a slumber counter from Deepstone Hellion.
At the beginning of each end step, if Deepstone Hellion attacked or blocked this turn, put a slumber counter on it.
7/7
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Shhs
Last edited by Legend 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Gateways7
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Gateways7 » 4 years ago

Rithaniel, Slimytrout

Presence of the Lost 2B
Enchantment (rare)
Presence of the Lost enters the battlefield as a copy of any permanent card in your graveyard, except it's an enchantment. (It loses all other types.)
"You might have killed me, but the reign of terror I've inspired will never die. I've won."
—Al'Xanna, demon queen, last words

(artist is Yee-Ling Chung)

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Rithaniel, Legend

Ghostly Charioteer 1ww
Creature - Spirit Pilot (r)
: Target Vehicle becomes a creature until end of turn.
Sacrifice Ghostly Charioteer: Target Vehicle gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
2/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: Rithaniel, netn10

Severance Agent 4BR
Creature - Giant Rogue (U)
Flash
First strike
When Severance Agent enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or planeswalker.
4/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”