Subject16
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Welcome to New Challenge Every Day!

Today's Challenge:
Mechanics within Mechanics

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the month. The top overall scorer(s) at the end of the month will be the winner(s).
JovialJovian 8 (3)
dyd 8 (2)
Subject16 7 (2)
void_nothing 5 (4)
Henlock 5 (3)
Ink-Treader 4 (2)
Lutrine 3 (0)
FoilSquared 3 (0)
netn10 3 (0)
.::Note of the Day::.
To clarify the challenge, void mentioned both Arcbound Wanderer and the Riot mechanic. The former having one mechanic (modular) being influenced by another mechanic (sunburst), the latter a mechanic (riot) capable of granting another mechanic (haste). Super interesting challenge!

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Holiday Promo 2020
FoilSquared wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Subject16, dyd

Ebenezer Scrooge 3BB
Legendary Creature - Human Miser
Common and Uncommon spells your opponents cast cost more to cast.
Whenever you cast a Rare or Mythic Rare spell, create a Gold token.
2/2

IIW: Alternate equip costs
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
JovialJovian, Henlock

Slay Ride 2BR
Sorcery (M)
Put target creature you control on top of Slay Ride, then slide them both from one end of the table to another. Slay Ride deals damage equal to the creature riding it's power to each creature or planeswalker it touches this way. If the creature falls off, destroy it.
When Santa fell ill, he thought Squee could rise to the occasion. He was wrong.

IIW: Auras with Unearth
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, void_nothing

Greedy Planeswalkers B
Sorcery (Un Mythic)
Each player have one minute to gather as many toys as they can from the room. Then, the player with most toys draws two cards for each toy they have and loses that much life.
The naughties makes their own Santas.

IIW: Modern Horizons 2 Common.
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
dvd voidnothin

The Joy of Giving 1w
Sorcery (r)
Choose a card you own from outside the game and give it as a present to target opponent. If ypu do, you gain 4 ife and draw a card..

IIW: A dinosaur in Eldraine
dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Henlock, Subject16

Oko, Bringer of Presents rws
Legendary Planeswalker - Oko* (*Santa)
+2: Create a Food token. If you represent it with milk or cookies, it has "2, Consume this Food: You gain 4 life."
+1: Target creature becomes a brown Reindeer creature and gains flying.
−5: Two target people exchange gifts. (They don't need to be playing a game of Magic.)

IIW: Saga Aura
Legend wrote:
4 years ago
votes : ink , void

Gift Exchange (Rare)
2UR
Sorcery
Starting with you, each player chooses a permanent they control and an opponent. That opponent gains control of that permanent.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Henlock, JovialJovian

Thran Prize Calendar 5
Artifact (M)
When Thran Prize Calendar enters the battlefield, exile twenty-five cards from the top of your library and/or your graveyard in a random face-down pile. Put them on the bottom of your library in a random order if Thran Prize Calendar isn't on the battlefield.
If you would put a card into your hand from anywhere, you may say "I wonder what I'll get" and reveal the top card of the pile and put it into your hand instead. Spells with that card's name you cast cost 2 less to cast this turn. If it has converted mana cost equal to today's date, you may play that card without paying its mana cost.
When the pile is empty, you win the game.

IIW: Exert
Ink-Treader wrote:
4 years ago
Vote: void_nothing and JovialJovian

Festive Treefolk XRG
Creature - Treefolk (R)
Convoke
Festive Treefolk enters the battlefield up to X ornaments placed on it. (Ornaments are anything you could hang from a tree branch. An ornament must be touching this card to confer its benefits)
Festive Treefolk gets +1/+1 for each ornament on it, and each other creature you control gets +1/+1 for every three ornaments placed on Festive Treefolk.
1/3

IIW: nonblack Shades

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

FoilSquared , Henlock

Blood Thrull (Common)
b
Creature - Thrull
1/1
Vampiric (Whenever this creature attacks, it gains deathtouch or lifelink at random until end of turn.)
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader

Slurper of Sangrite 2BB
Creature - Elemental (M)
Lifelink, protection from white and from blue
Domain - Devour X, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.
For some, the Conflux expanded their horizons. For others, it deepened their xenophobia. For the tar fiends of Jund, it only increased their repugnance.
2/3

IIW: Unusual schools of magic/"-mancy"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Subject16, Ink-Treader

Menacing Mech-Wing 5RR
Artifact Creature - Dragon (Rare)
Flying
Fabricate - Devour 1 (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. For each creature sacrificed this way, put a +1/+1 counter on it or create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.)
7/7

IIW: Colored Vehicle

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, void_nothing

Borborygmos the Furious 5(r/G)(r/G)(r/G)
Legendary Creature — Cyclops
Trample
Each other non-token creature you control has bloodthirst X, where X is your devotion to red and green. (If an opponent was dealt damage this turn, that creature enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each R and/or G in the mana costs of permanents you control. Hybrid symbols such as (B/R), (R/G), or (G/W) each count 1.)
6/6

IIW: Token enchantments

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Henlock, void-nothing

Fiendish Adversary 3BB
Creature - Demon (Rare)
Menace
Hellbent — As long as you have no cards in hand, Fiendish Adversary has Renown 2 (When this creature deals combat damage to a player, if it isn't renowned, put two +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes renowned.)
When Fiendish Adversary becomes renowned, each opponent discards their hand and sacrifices a creature.
"When the world is on its knees, I shall claim it as my own, and all will know my name.
4/4

IIW: Storm

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Vote: Subject16 and void_nothing

Loom of Forms 2
Artifact (R)
Imprint - When Loom of Forms enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile a creature card from your hand or graveyard.
Creatures you control that share a converted mana cost with a card exiled by Loom of Forms have transfigure T. (T, Sacrifice this creature: Search your library for a creature card with the same converted mana cost as this creature and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library. Transfigure only as a sorcery.)
With the right pattern, a whole world could change.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

voidnothing, foilsquared

Serra's Love 2w
Sorcery (u)
Bolster X, where X is your devotion to white.

IIW: A dinosaur in Eldraine

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Votes: dyd, subject16

Unfading Gheist 1W
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Delirium - Escape - 1W, Exile two other cards from your graveyard. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its escape cost as long as there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard.)
2/1

IIW: A card worthy of being a chase mythic of a set.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”