DCC - October 8, 2019

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Flatline
The Heartbeat of America
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I forgot to change the "Note of the Day" yesterday. It's often my least favorite part of the task. Unlike our old friend Indighost, I have nothing much to SHOUT AT PEOPLE about everyday. :) BTW, for those that don;'t know, this whole operation is just cut and paste. Nothin' fancy goin' on here.

DCC Scoreboard

Flatline 26 (+6)
slimytrout 19 (+3)
Krishnath 17 (+0)
Henlock 15
Sagharri 15 (+1)
RattingRots 13 (+6)
netn10 12 (+2)
bravelion83 12 (+3)
FoilSquared 11 (+4)
wizyard 9 (+1)
void_nothing 9 (+2)
Rithaniel 5 (+1)
Blydden 3
kwanyeegor-ii 1
Legend 1 (+1)

Flatline wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, FoilSquared

Raw Deal br
Sorcery (C)
Each player discards a card.
Draw a card.
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, FoilSquared

Dragonmoot
Legendary Land (Rare)
As Dragonmoot enters the battlefield, you may reveal a Dragon card from your hand. If you don't, Dragonmoot enters the battlefield tapped.
If Dragonmoot is in your graveyard and a Dragon enters the battlefield under your control, return Dragonmoot to your hand.
2, T: Add two mana of any one color.
bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, Rithaniel
Rithaniel
Show
Hide
Designing cards based on scientific concepts is a very good way to catch my attention, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the mechanics. I would like this card more if it only cared about you instead of "each player", obviously adjusting the costs. I feel like this will never go off, your opponents will have creatures in their deck 99% of the time, and you have to find some way to remove them from their library. Johnny is very excited by this. It's obvious and probably known by most at this point that I'm a Timmy/Spike with almost zero Johnny in me. But still enjoy my vote despite that.
Library of Shared Knowledge 5
Artifact (R)
1W, T: Each player draws a card.
3U, T: Draw a card.
1B, T, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
R, T, Discard a card: Draw a card.
2G, T: If you control a creature with power 4 or greater, draw a card.
There are as many different ways to learn as there are people in the world.
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
bravelion, rattingrots

Devotee of Thassa 1UU
Creature - Merfolk Wizard (C)
Loyalty (This creature can't block or be blocked by creatures that share a color with it.)
Whenever Devotee of Thassa deals combat damage to a player, untap it.
2/4
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Flatline, slimytrout
bravelion83
Show
Hide
Yeah, the only issue with making it just care about your library is that a player could very easily design a deck with no creatures, which is designed to stave off the opponent until it is able to drop the monolith and achieve an automatic win. Though, yes, as it exists currently, it would be quite difficult to successfully win with this card, but I think that part of what would make it fun. You'd have to build around it more heavily than some other 'win condition' cards. Thanks for the feedback, by the way. :]
netn10
Show
Hide
Hmmm, that design seems familiar. (I think I like this version better than mine, though.)
Flatline
Show
Hide
At first I was confused, then I realized the message in the post was probably copy and pasted
Scatterthink
Instant U
Draw three cards, then exile three cards from your hand at random. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards.
Side effects include headache, dizziness, lost memory, and insane, evil scheming.
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, slimytrout

Harrow-Weeny
Creature - Bear (Uncommon)
As an additional cost to cast Harrow-Weeny, sacrifice a land. If you do, search your library for up to two basic lands card and put them onto the battlefield tapped.
Harrow-Weeny can't block.
3/3
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: wizyard, void_nothing

Burning Salvo 2R
Instant (U)
Burning Salvo deals 1 damage to any target.
FoilSquared wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravellion83, Flatline

Angel's Reprive
Instant (U)
Create three 1/1 white Bird tokens with Flying
Many tales of old describe the Angels of Yagore sending down doves from the heavens to aid mortal's in their moments of peril.
Blydden wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, RattingRots
HM: Flatline
Show
Hide
I really want vigilance on that Hydra. It looks fun to build around but under-powered as-is.
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Flatline, void_nothing

Share the Love W
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever you draw a card, each of your opponents draws two cards.
Give to the world, and the world will give you twice in due time.
wizyard wrote:
4 years ago
FoilSquared, Sagharri

Wisdom of the Masses 3GW
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have fewer cards in hand than the number of creatures you control, draw a number of cards equal to the difference.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, FoilSquared

Nemata's Presence 2GG
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you draw a card, reveal it. When you reveal a Forest card in this way, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token. When you reveal a Treefolk card in this way, Saprolings you control get +2/+2 and gain trample until end of turn.
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
Flatline, slimytrout

Mother Vorine 2GW
Creature - Beast (U)
2: Target creature blocks ~ this turn if able. It may block an additional creature this turn.
4/4
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
Flatline. RattingRots

Fugacious Visitor wr
Creature - Giant (r)
Haste, vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, put Fugacious Visitor in the bottom of your library.
4/4
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Votes: Henlock, Rithaniel (Although I think it could/should be mono-red)

Changed my card...

Sabbatical w
Enchantment (U)
Flash
When Sabbatical enters the battlefield, exile target creature you control until Sabbatical leaves the battlefield.
Sacrifice Sabbatical: Gain 2 life.
Last edited by Flatline 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: Sagharri, void_nothing
Thoughts & Comments
Show
Hide
So many interesting cards today, hard to chose.

Sagharri, your card could probably be a common without issue.

Wizyard, your card is very interesting, but oh so easy to break. I don't think that effect in the two colors that are masters of producing token creatures is a good idea, even if the card is dual colored. Just Ant Queen alone breaks it.

Sun Charm W
Instant (Common)
Choose one —
• Gain 2 life.
• Untap target Cat or Hound card.
• Target creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: Sagharri, Flatline
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
FoilSquared (The word "flying" should not be capitalized and a period is missing at the end of the sentence. Yes, I pay attention to such details...)
netn10 (I really like the card, I just liked the two I voted for even more.)
I have said in my judgment of Flatline's card in Round 1 of the October MCC that I had an idea... Here it is! Yes, black is the only color with no existing embalm cards.

Persistent Eater 2BB
Creature — Crocodile (U)
When Persistent Eater enters the battlefield, put two -1/-1 counters on target creature.
Embalm 5B (5B, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Crocodile with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
Not even death can stop its hunger.
3/3
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, Henlock

Splazzzoneon
Creature - Bee Sorcerer
Flying, Deathtouch
Whenever Splazzzoneon deals combat damage to an opponent, that player puts the top five cards of their library into their gravyeard.
Whenever an instant or sorcery card is put into an opponent's graveyard, that player loses 1 life.
3/4
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: wizyard, RattingRots

Mlaole's Tantrum
Creature - Eldrazi Drone U
Kicker
If Mlaole's Tantrum was kicked, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Creatures your opponents control get -1/-1 as long as Mlaole's Tantrum has a +1/+1 counter on it.
Even the childish fits of Mlaole can lay waste to entire civilizations.
3/3
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Henlock, RattingRots

Break the Curse 2G
Sorcery (Rare)
Exile target nonhuman creature. Its controller reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal a human create card. The player puts that card onto the battlefield, then shuffles all other cards revealed this way into their library.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

marioguy3, rithaniel

Hall of Domination
Land
1, T: Add one mana of any color.
2, T: You gain 1 life.
3, T: Untap target creature.
4, T: Tap target creature.
5, T: Draw a card.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Contagious Corpse 1B
Creature - Zombie (U)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, if Contagious Corpse is in your graveyard, you may have that player lose 1 life.
1/2

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 4 years ago

void_nothing, slimytrout

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

Flatline, rithaniel

HM: wizyard
comments
Show
Hide
Sagharri - I don't think this is meaningfully different from Arc Lightning outside of a specific environment.
marioguy3 - I think this is somewhat different from Springbloom Dryad but the main issue is that this one is considerably overpowered. Springbloom probably couldn't have been. Even without any synergy, Harrow-Weeny almost lets you get an additional land for free.
FoilSquared - I really want something like this to exist, but I think it is slightly too good.
Parlay 3R
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top two cards of your library. You may exile any number of them. Put the rest on top of your library in any order.
You may play cards exiled with ~ this turn.
Rebound
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

FoilSquared
Good evening, 47...
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoilSquared » 4 years ago

Votes: Flatline, Sagharri

Nature's Rift
Sorcery
Destroy target land, Nature's Rift deals 2 damage to that player and each creature they control.
The land never consents to sharecropping...
EDH:
BTergrid, God of Fright // Tergrid's LanternB

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: Flatline, netn10

Ravidel's Justice RW
Enchantment (R)
Each creature attacks a planeswalker each combat if able. (If there are no planeswalkers a creature could attack, it doesn't have to attack at all.)
3R: Ravidel's Justice deals 1 damage target player or planeswalker.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

slimytrout wizyard

Krumar All-Slayer WB
Creature--Orc Warrior (Rare)
Deathtouch, protection from Dragons
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Krumar All-Slayer has protection from Dragons, it loses that ability and gains protection from non-Dragon permanents, and vice-versa
2/2
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”