DCC - October 5, 2019

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Flatline
The Heartbeat of America
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Sorry I'm late. It was Magic night.

DCC Scoreboard

Henlock 11
Flatline 11 (+2)
Krishnath 11 (+5)
slimytrout 9 (+5)
Sagharri 8 (+3)
void_nothing 7 (+5)
RattingRots 6 (+2)
netn10 4 (+1)
FoilSquared 4 (+2)
bravelion83 4 (+2)
Blydden 3
kwanyeegor-ii 1

Flatline wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, RattingRots

Lure the Innocent 1r
Sorcery — Adventure (U)
Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
//
Clever Carnivore 3b
Creature — Wolf (U)
Menace
When enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature.
"My, what big teeth you have."
2/2
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
Flatline, void_nothing

Drawing Board 3
Artifact (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, research (Draw a card, then discard a card.)
T: Return target artifact you control to its owner's hand.
bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, Sagharri

Honorable mentions for RattingRots.

Hard Memory BGU
Sorcery(U)
Target player puts the top four cards of their library into their graveyard, then they choose a creature card and a noncreature card in their graveyard. That player returns the chosen cards to their hand.
To most planeswalkers, the memory of the moment when their spark ignited is rarely an easy burden to carry.
wizyard wrote:
4 years ago
Sagharri, bravelion83

Mirror Wand 5
Artifact (R)
Rather than pay the mana cost for each spell you cast, you may spend mana equal to the mana cost of the previous spell you cast this turn.
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Sagharri

Command of The All Seed
Sorcery U
Untap all permanents.
"The All Seed doesn't care who you are or what you stand for. It still wishes for you to flourish."
—Holz Junha, acolyte of The All Seed
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, slimytrout (poor Mari)

Ring of Moons 4
Artifact (Rare)
T: Add CC.
Madness 1
Blydden wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, slimytrout
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
foilsquared, void_nothing

Grisly Apothecary 2B
Creature – Human Cleric (U)
Whenever a creature you control dies, create an Elixir token. (It's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.")
Sacrifice three Elixirs: Target opponent sacrifices a creature.
The dose makes the poison.
2/3
FoilSquared wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, slimytrout

Ranatha, Kasmina's Familiar
Legendary Creature - Bird
Flying
When Ranatha, Kasmina's Familiar enters the battlefield, draw two cards, then discard two cards.
Whenever a token creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/2
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Flatline, Rithaniel

Thundersong Marshal 3W
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Mentor
Creatures with defender you control can attack as though they didn't have defender.
1R: Thundersong Marshal deals 1 damage to target creature blocking or blocked by a creature with defender you control.
2/4
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: FoilSquared, RattingRots

26 years and this exact effect doesn't exist...

Blind Spot 1U
Sorcery (Common)
Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
Draw a card.
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, Krishnath

Ancestral Might 1BG
Instant (U)
As additional cost to cast this spell, exile a creature card from your graveyard.
Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is equal to the exiled card's power.
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
First, I would like to say that I did not know that anglerfish were slandered. Was it because of Finding Nemo? Now I'm curious. Second, here are my votes and card.

Votes: Krishnath, Rithaniel

The Lithium Battery of Evil
Legendary Artifact - Battery (Mythic Rare)
Activated abilities of tapped planeswalkers cannot be activated.
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, The Lithium Battery of Evil deals 1 damage to you, then put a charge counter on The Lithium Batter of Evil.
, Tap two untapped planeswalkers you control and remove all charge counters from The Lithium Battery of Evil: Destroy all tapped nonland permanents. The Lithium Battery of Evil deals 2 damage to you.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Votes: Wizyard, slimytrout

Raging Replication 2r
Sorcery (R)
Kicker 1u (You may pay an additional 1u as you cast this spell.)
Create a token that's a copy of target creature, except it has haste. Exile that token at the beginning of the next end step unless Raging Replication was kicked.
Last edited by Flatline 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, netn10
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
Flatline, Sagharri
Transformist Dragon 3UR
Creature — Dragon Shapeshifter (R)
Flying
At the beginning of each upkeep, you may pay 2. If you do, scry 2, then reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a creature card, until end of turn, Transformist Dragon's base power and toughness become those of the revealed card, and Transformist Dragon gains all the creature types and activated abilities of the revealed card.
3/3
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, FoilSquared
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Tied, heck yeah! :D
Shadowstep
Instant (Common)
Target creature gains shadow until end of turn.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: RattingRots, wizyard (might need clarification on if it's the first spell you've cast this turn, but I like the idea)

Well, three days in and I've got two votes. Off to a roaring start. (Now only if I could be listed in the standings.)

Magmatic Behemoth
Creature - Beast U
Trample
As Magmatic Behemoth enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of lands. Magmatic Behemoth enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each land sacrificed this way.
"My great grandfather once saw a behemoth. It scorched and salted the land as it passed. The farm didn't yield anything for nearly two decades, after that."
—Uler Jauqahol, rhox farmer

4/2
Last edited by Rithaniel 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

sagharri, wizyard
hm
Show
Hide
Flatline - love the concept, but just seems too punishing for an uncommon. If you do it for full value, it's a pretty brutal 3-for-1, and it's not bad even as a 4-drop. Also, black wolves aren't really a thing, although the big bad wolf certainly could be an exception.
Summons of the Damned 4BG
Sorcery (MR)
Put any number of permanent cards from your hand onto the battlefield.
Exile your graveyard and library, then shuffle your hand into your library.
As soon as his trembling fingers drew the last line of the heptagram, Korvess knew in his heart that he'd made a terrible mistake.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

bravelion83, wizyard (I do think this is OP, and should at least not be colorless or have a restriction that you can't pay 0 instead of mana costs)

Elspeth, Underworld Survivor 4WW
Planeswalker (M)
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature token you control.
-3: Exile target creature for as long as you control a planeswalker or creature token.
//
Lead From the Underworld XWW
Sorcery - Adventure (M)
Create X 1/1 white Human creature tokens.
memory issues
Show
Hide
So the -3 on this card creates memory issues. My idea to alleviate them in paper magic would be to have a helper card for this that has the "On an Adventure" helper on one side, and a helper on the other side saying "Banished by Elspeth". When you use the -3 on anything, you would put the exiled card on the "Banished by Elspeth" helper. Once you have no planeswalkers or tokens, you put the "Banished by Elspeth" helper away and put the exiled cards back on the battlefield.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

FoilSquared
Good evening, 47...
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoilSquared » 4 years ago

Votes: Rithaniel, netn10

Virtue's Triumph
Sorcery
Destroy all black creatures.
All will rise, and those who stand tallest will rise highest.
Notes
Show
Hide
Have a massive headache today, so just a simple colorshift of Virtue's Ruin. Nothing too fancy.
EDH:
BTergrid, God of Fright // Tergrid's LanternB

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, bravelion83

Mirrored Labirynth 4
Artifact Creature - Wall (R)
Defender
Whenever Mirrored Labirynth blocks, create a token that's copy of it.
It was too late when Giz found out that behind mirror is another one.
0/2

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Flatline, wizyard

Town Gossiper 1W
Creature - Human Peasent (Common)
W, T: Each player draws a card.
"Tell everyone what they want to hear, and you will never be hated.
1/1

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Krishnath, Sagharri

Ardenvale Chronicler
Creature - Human Cleric (u)
Ardenvale Chronicler gets +1/+1 for eaxh creature card you own that is on an adventure.
Rhyme keeps memory better than ink.
1/1

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Krishnath, Slimytrout, HM Wizyard

Ixidor's Wand (Uncommon)
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature attacks, you may choose one -
Turn target face-down creature face up.
Turn target nontoken creature face-down. (It's a 2/2 creature.)
Equip 1
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: wizyard, slimytrout

HM: Krishnath

Pennon Javelin 2RW
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has vigilance and "This creature gets +2/+0 for each other Knight you control.
Equip 4
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 years ago

Votes: FoilSquared, Krishnath

Jumpscare
Instant (Common)
Target creature loses deathtouch and gains banding until end of turn.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”