September 30, 2019

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

This is the last day to submit cards for September.

DCC Scoreboard

slimytrout 86 (+2)
bravelion83 79 (+2)
RattingRots 67 (+3)
netn10 66 (+7)
emily 64
Sagharri 63 (+2)
Rithaniel 57 (+2)
void_nothing 55 (+2)
shukkets 50
Krishnath 41 (+2)
marioguy3 16 (+0)
Henlock 13
Ink-Treader 12
kwanyeegor-ii 7
Legend 6

marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, netn10

Guardian of the Heart
Enchantment - Rare
If an opponent would gain life, that player loses that much life instead.
: Guardian of the Heart deals 2 damage to each planeswalker. When a planeswalker is put into a graveyard this way, its controller gains 1 life.
bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, netn10
Inspiration
Show
Hide
ScreenShot---446.png
Yes, this is true. Today is my 36th birthday. That inspired me to do a darker riff on Planewide Celebration.
Bittersweet Celebration 5WB
Sorcery (R)
Choose four. You may choose the same mode more than once.
• Create a 2/2 white Cat creature token.
• Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
• Populate.
• Target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
Everybody around him was celebrating his birthday, but the leonin knew that it was really nothing more than just one more tick of the clock of his life, actually making it get closer to its end.
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, void_nothing (the card needs a bit of wording work, but I like it)

Voice of Mlaole
Instant C
You may put a card from your hand on top of your library rather than pay Caress of Mlaole's mana cost.
Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
"That sound is a young voice. It's a powerful voice, certainly, enough to drive anyone listening mad, or to even kill, but it's entirely uncertain and chaotic. There are no words in it, just the babbling of a child."
—Nova Yeht, the ancient
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Shoreshell Crab
Land Creature - Island Crab ()
0/2
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
rattingrots, krishnath

Miraculous Visitor 1UW
Creature – Human Cleric (R)
If Miraculous Visitor is the first card you draw on your first turn, you may reveal it and exile it from your hand with a luck counter on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Miraculous Visitor is in exile with a luck counter on it, draw a card and gain 1 life.
2/2
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, bravelion83
Thoughts
Show
Hide
Some interesting cards today, void_nothing's card needs some wording work to make it less confusing, but I think I get what it's supposed to do.

Circle of Protection: Dragons 2W
Enchantment (Rare)
1W: The next time a Dragon, Drake, or Wurm creature would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.

Thoughts 2: The New Batch
Show
Hide
The original circles where a bit on the strong side as they could shut down a deck completely, but the idea is interesting, so a more specialized approach has been attempted. Even if you don't vote for it, I'd still like comments, critiques, and constructive criticism on the card.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
4 years ago
sagharri voidnothing

Thieving Quartermaster 3R
Creature--Orc Pirate (Uncommon)
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, unattach and gain control of target equipment
2/3
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Sagharri, bravelion83

Banquet of Kings 4
Legendary Artifact - Food (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player gains 3 life, draws a card and populate.
2, T, Sacrifice Banquet of Kings: You gain 3 life.
The best meals can keep peace in the most bitter courtrooms.
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
netn10, slimytrout
comments on slimytrout's card
Show
Hide
The card works totally fine as is, but personally I would change it to:

Parting Shot deals 2 damage to target blocking or blocked creature you don't control.
Return target blocking or blocked creature you control to it's owner's hand.

I think there are going to be some times where it gets a bit clunky to use, and neither effect is dangerously powerful at the current cost if it became a bit more flexible.
Similar Vein U
Instant (R)
Name a card. Until end of turn, activated abilities of cards with the chosen name can't be activated.
Draw a card
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, Rithaniel

Overconfident Marauder BR
Creature - Vampire Knight (U)
First strike
Whenever Overconfident Marauder is dealt damage, you lose that much life.
"Armor is for lesser swordsmen than I."
3/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, slimytrout

Oh no, I missed a typo in my card. Forgot to change the name in the text.

Also, happy belated birthday, bravelion83.

Heartbeat of Mountains
Sorcery U
Add if it's a player's first, second, or third turn of the game. Otherwise, add .
A mountain is not one to rush.
Last edited by Rithaniel 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing
Rithaniel
Show
Hide
I'm willingly choosing to ignore the name changing in the rules text as you've acknowledged the mistake yourself and I also just love the flavor of the card.
Also, thank you very much for your wishes!
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
Sagharri - I personally would expand Dryad Arbor into a real cycle right now without a second thought, but we all know the rules nightmares behind it.
RattingRots - I'd make it a white card actually.
Frost Giant 4U
Creature — Elemental Giant (U)
Evoke 1U (You may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
When Frost Giant enters the battlefield, tap another target creature. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Unearth 5U (5U: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the end step or if it would leave the battlefield. Unearth only as a sorcery.)
4/4
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

netn10, void_nothing
bravelion83
Show
Hide
Happy belated birthday, I hope you had a good one.

Court Mage 2U
Creature - Human Spellshaper Wizard (Uncommon)
U, T, Discard a card: Move target aura that is attached to a creature or a land to another target permanent it could enchant.
1/1
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

kwanyeegor-ii, void_nothing

Hoolvar, Sage Strix 2UU
Legendary Creature – Bird (MR)
Flying
Whenever you draw a card, you may reveal it. If you do, spells with the same name as the revealed card cost X less to cast this turn, where X is the number of cards you've drawn this turn.
3/3
Rattingrots
Show
Hide
Yeah, I thought about a couple ways to do it. I went with the one I did because it is the most flavorful and also because it allows for the creature's abilities (lifelink and deathtouch being the relevant ones) to come into play. Also it allows for some real blowouts of multi-blocks. But could definitely see that other wordings would be more flexible.
Last edited by slimytrout 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

bravelion83, rithaniel

hm: void_nothing
bravelion83
Show
Hide
I was between blue and green, but didn't actually consider white. I think white is the correct color actually.
Fog Vessel 2
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Crew 1
Vehicle Ninjutsu UB (Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking. It is a creature this turn.)
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, untap it and it gains deathtouch until the end of your next turn.
3/3
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, Sagharri

Cowardly Lion 2WW
Creature - Cat (Uncommon)
Whenever Cowardly Lion becomes blocked, return it to your hand.
"I am not afraid anymore, when I have such friends by my side."
4/4
//////////////////////////
Search For Courage 2WW
Sorcery - Adventure (Uncommon)
If you control those following cards on adventures, you win the game:
* Search for Brain.
* Search for Heart.
* Search for Home.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, netn10

Sledge Stone 2
Artifact (U)
Equipped creatures you control get +1/+0.
Cycling 3
When you cycle Sledge Stone, up to one target equipped creature gets +3/+0 and gains trample until end of turn,
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”