The DCC - September 21, 2019

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Slowly readjusting the posting time.

DCC Scoreboard

bravelion83 55 (+2)
emily 54 (+1)
Sagharri 53 (+0)
slimytrout 52 (+1)
netn10 48 (+9)
RattingRots 45 (+2)
Rithaniel 40 (+2)
void_nothing 32
shukkets 36 (+4)
Krishnath 18 (+2)
Henlock 13
Ink-Treader 12
marioguy3 11 (+3)
Legend 6
kwanyeegor-ii 2

bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Rithaniel, Krishnath
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
Love all the cards themed around science today. As a science teacher, I approve! In addition to voting for Rithaniel, HMs for RattingRots and shukkets.
Thrummingbird Wings 1U
Enchantment — Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Thrummingbird Wings enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature has flying and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, proliferate." (To proliferate, choose any number of permanents and/or players, then give each another counter of each kind already there.)
Cow31337Killer wrote:
4 years ago
votes: netn10, shukkets
feedback
Show
Hide
netn10: This card is awesome and the name and the concept meld together really well. I also like that it's pushes into the realm of card advantage for red. Lord knows we need more of that. One thing though I think you need to give a time frame that you can cast the cards, for example "until the end of your next turn" or something like that.

shukkets: I'm not gonna lie I voted for you 90% because of the Yu Gi Oh reference but your card is also unique and super awesome
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Once Forgotten Spirit
Creature - Spirit (Uncommon)
In Memory (You may exile this card from your hand. Whenever you cast a spirit spell, if Once Forgotten Spirit is in exile, put a retrieval counter on Once Forgotten Spirit. Then if there are three or more retrieval counters on Once Forgotten Spirit, remove all counters from Once Forgotten Spirit, then put Once Forgotten Spirit onto the battlefield.)
Flying
3/3
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: shukkets, netn10

Forgotten Sewers
Land (R)
Pay 1 life, T: Add {u}.
2u, : Target creature with power 2 or less gains hexproof and can't be blocked this turn.
"Hardest thing to do is first step in" - Uhr, smuggler
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, marioguy3
Notes
Show
Hide
Lots of good cards again today. Hard to chose.
Benalish Charm W
Instant (Common)
Choose one —
• Target creature gains banding until end of turn.
• Destroy target aura enchanting you or a permanent you control.
• Attach target equipment you control to target creature you control.
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
emily, netn10

Shadow Replica 2RR
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has double strike.
Whenever enchanted creature becomes the target of a spell, you may attach ~ to another target creature.
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
rattingrots, netn10
hm
Show
Hide
MarioGuy, I like the card concept but why is a legendary creature called "Field Plant Farmer"?
Syr Bartilac, the Overgrown 2GG
Legendary Creature – Plant Knight (MR)
When Syr Bartilac, the Overgrown enters the battlefield, it fights target creature you don't control.
At the beginning of each end step, if Syr Bartilac died this turn, return it from the graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
"Thou wilt receive such a blow as thou has dealt."
3/4
notes
Show
Hide
Now that previews are done, it's time to go deep on some Arthurian lore/fairy tales that WotC left out.
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: marioguy3 (name seems unfinished, though), netn10

Hassad, the Harbinger 1BRGW
Legendary Creature - Nomad M
Flash
First strike, deathtouch
When Hassad, the Harbinger enters the battlefield, search your library for an artifact, creature, enchantment, or land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
3/1
shukkets wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Indomitable Stallion RG
Creature - Horse
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control but don't own Indomitable Stallion, it deals 3 damage to you.
3/3
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: marioguy3, shukkets

The Third Eye u
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, draw a card.
You can't be prepared to be overwhelmed.
emily wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Krishnath

Veil of Secrecy GU
Enchantment (M)
3: Manifest a card from your hand. Activate this ability only once per turn. (Put that card onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)
Whenever a creature you control is turned face up, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, shukkets

The Blind Battlemage 1R
Legendary Creature - Soldier Shaman (R)
R: The Blind Battlemage gains double strike until end of turn.
RR: Copy target instant or sorcery spell that targets The Blind Battlemage. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Soliloquize 1U
Instant (Common)
Draw a card.
Create a Treasure token. (It's an artifact with "T, sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, emily

Once Forgotten Zombie
Creature - Zombie (Uncommon)
In Memory (You may exile this card from your hand. Whenever you cast a zombie spell, if Once Forgotten Zombie is in exile, put a retrieval counter on Once Forgotten Zombie. Then if there are three or more retrieval counters on Once Forgotten Zombie, remove all counters from Once Forgotten Zombie, then put Once Forgotten Zombie onto the battlefield.)
Swampwalk
4/1
Some in the spellslinging community say that nobody can ever forget the dead. Respect the dead.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, emily

Ghost Discharge 2R
Instant(U)
Phantom R (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Exile it face up any time for its phantom cost, then cast it without paying its mana cost and this spell can't be countered.)
Ghost Discharge deals 3 damage to any target.
All ghosts look equal. You're only able to see what they really are as they discharge their energy on you and then vanish away from existence.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

shukkets
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by shukkets » 4 years ago

Votes: rattingrots, slimytrout

Z'hari-Colony Champion 2W
Creature - Bat Warrior (R)
Flying
Z'hari Colony Champion gets +1/+1 for each other creature with flying you control.
1/1

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Votes: shukkets, emily

Shard-Eye Servant 3UU
Creature - Elemental (U)
When Shard-Eye Servant enters the battlefield, target player draws a card.
Overload 1UU
4/2

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

void_nothing, shukkets

Strongbrew Dwarves 1RR
Creature – Dwarf (U)
Whenever Strongbrew Dwarves attacks, you may put a +1/+1 counter on any number of target attacking creatures you control. Those creatures gain trample until end of turn and don't untap during your next untap step.
Their potions will give you an incredible night, but it might be many mornings before you wake up.
2/3

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

shukkets, emily

Thankless Research RB
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library, then you lose life equal to the number of cards exiled with ~.
You may play cards exiled with ~. You may play cards this way only once each turn.
Last edited by RattingRots 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

emily
No TERFs on Gruul Turf
Answers: 1
Pronoun: she / her

Post by emily » 4 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, RattingRots

Form of the Boa 1G
Enchantment — Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Form of the Boa enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Enchanted creature has islandwalk and "G: Regenerate this creature."
"To catch such a snake, you must think and act like the snake."
—Nablus, North Hada trapper
Spelled with a lowercase "e". Formerly master_of_the_universe on MTGsalvation. Two time DCC champ (06/21, 07/21).

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: marioguy3, bravelion83

Self-Made Mutant 1GU
Creature - Mutant Shapeshifter (Rare)
1G: Put a +1/+1 counter on Self-Made Mutant.
1U: Self-Made Mutant becomes a copy of target creautre except it still has its activated abilities.
"I and only I will choose what I want to be. That is the Simic's way."
2/2

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, shukkets

Wake of Hassad
Sorcery U
Put an artifact, creature, enchantment, or land card with converted mana cost 4 or less from your hand onto the battlefield.
"Hassad seems like a kind soul, but everywhere it travels, the world is reshaped behind it, and not always for the better."
—Yiah, Elder of the Arvo Tribe
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: RattingRots, shukkets

Blinding Pegasus 2WW
Creature - Pegasus (R)
Flying, double strike, vigilance
2/2
///
Descending Sun 2WW
Instant - Adventure (R)
Exile target artifact or creature if it's tapped.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”