New Challenge Every Day - August 15th

Locked Previous topicNext topic
starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Welcome to New Challenge Every Day!

Today's Challenge:
Splashy Limited Bombs (i.e. Cards that are extremely powerful in Draft or Limited without needing to be built around)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the contest (currently planned to end on Sat Aug 31, at which time the points will reset for the next month). The top overall scorer(s) at the end of this period will be the winner(s).
Legend: 8 (5)
void_nothing: 5 (3)
slimytrout: 5 (2)
Henlock: 5 (2)
Subject16: 4 (4)
Raptorchan: 4 (1)
starjake: 3 (3)
folding_music: 2 (2)
Krishnath: 2 (1)
ForestsCarl: 0
kwanyeegor-ii: 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Legend wrote:Wish Upon a Star
Sorcery (M)
You may choose a legendary card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Exile Wish Upon a Star.

IIW: defender and haste on the same card
starjake wrote:Looming Wish
Sorcery (M)
You may choose a card you own from outside the game. If it isn't already exiled, exile it, and if it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. Put 2 time counters on it. As long as it remains exiled, it has ": Put a time counter on this card. Only an opponent may activate this ability." (At the beginning of its owner's upkeep, remove a time counter from that card. When the last is removed, its owner casts it without paying its mana cost. If it's a creature, it has haste.)

IIW: Bonds (the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)
folding_music wrote:Migration Tube
Artifact (R)
, : You may choose a Fish card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it onto the battlefield. It gains haste.

IIW: manlands
Subject16 wrote:Ajani's Plea
Sorcery (R)
Choose one -
• Search your library for a planeswalker card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
• You may choose an Ajani planeswalker card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand.
"Our bonds span across entire worlds. When I call, they will answer."

IIW: One-drop uncommons
Raptorchan wrote:Last Wish
Sorcery (R)
You may choose a card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand. At the beginning of the next end step, you lose the game. Exile Last Wish.

IIW : 1/1 creatures
slimytrout wrote:Infernal Wish
Sorcery (R)
Kicker - Discard your hand. (You may discard your hand in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell.)
Reveal a card from your hand, then you may choose a card you own from outside the game with the same name as that card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If Infernal Wish was kicked, instead you may choose a card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand.

IIW: "You win the game"/"Target player loses the game"
Krishnath wrote:Sarkhan's Call
Sorcery (M)
You may choose a Dragon creature card you own from outside of the game and put it onto the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at end of turn.

IIW: All that glitters...
Henlock wrote:Zeal of Runes
Sorcery (R)
Choose a color. You may choose a card you own from outside the game with one or more instances of that color word in its rules text, reveal that card, and put it into your hand.

IIW: A new hatebear
BOVINE wrote:Last Wish Effort
Instant (M)
The next time you would lose the game this turn, instead you may choose a card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it on top of your library. Shuffle all cards you own from all zones into your library then reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal a card with the same name as the first card this way, you win the game.

IIW: Zombie apocalypse vehicles
void_nothing wrote:Huckster's Duplication
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal a card from your hand. If you do, you may choose a card you own with the same name as that card from outside the game, reveal it, and put it into your hand.

IIW: Common Angels
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:Minor Wish
Sorcery (R)
You may choose a card you own from outside the game with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal that card, and put it into your hand.

IIW: Gods

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

votes: slimytrout, Raptorchan

Idolfish, 1UU
Creature - Illusion Fish, R
Idolfish enters the battlefield with a beckoning counter on it.
4: Put a beckoning counter on target creature.
UU, : Return all creatures with beckoning counters on them to their owner's hands.
1/3

IIW: enchant land
Last edited by folding_music 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, folding_music,

Can't go wrong with something big and nasty. Just kidding, here's something small that will win you games instead. Particularly if your opponent doesn't have/draw enchantment removal.

Capashen Academy
2W
Legendary Enchantment (Mythic)
Creatures you control have banding.
At the beginning of each upkeep, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.

(And yes, it does technically create Benalish Hero tokens.)

IIW: Golems
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

starjake

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, Henlock

Traverse the Blind Eternities
Sorcery (M)
Exile all nonplaneswalker permanents. Each player reveals the top ten cards of their library, puts all permanent cards revealed this way onto the battlefield, and shuffles all cards not put onto the battlefield this way into their library. Exile Traverse the Blind Eternities.

IIW: Bonds (i.e. the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, folding_music

Demon of Guilty Pleasures 4bbb
Creature - Demon (M)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw seven cards.
Whenever you discard a card, you lose 1 life.
7/7

IIW: Berserkers

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, raptorchan

Meren, Jund's Doom 4BG
Creature - Human Shaman (M)
Trample, Deathtouch
Whenever a non-Zombie creature you control dies, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a Zombie in addition to its other types.
3/3

IIW: 2-mana-or-less cantrips

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Kwanyeegor-ii, slimytrout

Sphinx of Desires 4UR
Creature - Sphinx (Uncommon)
Flying
When Sphinx of Desires enters the battlefield, target opponent may have you discard a card. If you do, Sphinx of Desires deals damage to that player equal to the discarded card's converted mana cost. Otherwise, draw two cards.
"I become what I have, and I can never have myself. What am I?"
5/4

IIW: Lifegain

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Legend, Krishnath

Hydra Agressor xrg
Creature - Hydra (r)
Trample
Hydra Agressor enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
When Hydra Agressor enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to target opponent.
0/0

IIW: A new hatebear

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

raptorchan henlock

Archon of Rebalancing 4WW
Creature--Archon (Rare)
Flying, First strike, trample
when archon of rebalancing enters the battlefield, exile all other creatures with power 4 or greater
4/4

IIW: graveyard shuffling
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: folding_music, Raptorchan

Worshiped Stormform 2UU
Creature - Elemental Squid (M)
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, put a number of charge counters on Worshiped Stormform equal to that spell's converted mana cost.
Whenever Worshiped Stormform deals combat damage to a player, create a number of 1/1 blue Merfolk creature tokens with hexproof equal to the number of charge counters on Worshiped Stormform.
1U: Put a charge counter on Worshiped Stormform.
2/5

IIW: Polynesian theme
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Man, these are all so good! But there can only be two:

void_nothing (clever for not mattering in Commander (were they to function))
folding_music (unique as a janky Jonny/Jenny wish)

Unlimited Power (Rare)
XX
Sorcery
Target creature gets +X/+X and gains annihilator X until end of turn. (Whenever it attacks this turn, defending player sacrifices X permanents.)

IIW: a card with a planeswalker subtype* in its rules text
*(not a planeswalker card name)
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”