New Challenge Every Day - August 14th

Locked Previous topicNext topic
starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Welcome to New Challenge Every Day!

Today's Challenge:
"Wish" effects (i.e. retrieve a card you own from outside the game)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the contest (currently planned to end on Sat Aug 31, at which time the points will reset for the next month). The top overall scorer(s) at the end of this period will be the winner(s).
Henlock: 3 (3)
Legend: 3 (3)
Raptorchan: 3 (3)
slimytrout: 3 (3)
void_nothing: 2 (2)
Krishnath: 1 (1)
folding_music: 0
ForestsCarl: 0
kwanyeegor-ii: 0
starjake: 0
**Legend wins this round because they posted last

.::Note of the Day::.
...I am fully convinced you all conspired to have a four-way tie -______-

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
starjake wrote:Searchlight Illuminator
Artifact Creature - Construct (U)
Players lose hexproof and shroud and can't have or gain hexproof or shroud.
Bewitched – Searchlight Illuminator gets +1/+1 for each player that is enchanted.
2/2

IIW: Bonds (the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)
*Krishnath did not offer any votes, so their submission cannot be counted today.
folding_music wrote:Change of Seasons
Instant (R)
Return target creature or enchantment to its owner's hand.
Bewitched – Each player who is enchanted may put an Aura card from their hand onto the battlefield attached to any player it could enchant.

IIW: non-human planeswalker
Raptorchan wrote:Gorynych's Rage
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has trample and "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature".
Bewitched – As long as a player is enchanted, enchanted creature has "Whenever one or more counters are put on this creature, you may have it fight target creature."

IIW: Split cards
Subject16 wrote:Bruella's Hex
Sorcery (R)
Search your library for a Curse card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Bewitched – If a player is enchanted, put that card onto the battlefield attached to that player instead.
"Grudges are a dangerous, especially when wielded with skill."
-Dobra, Farmstead

IIW: "End the turn".
Legend wrote:Dreams of Genies
Enchantment (R)
Bewitched – At the beginning of each player's upkeep, if that player is enchanted, create a 2/2 blue Djinn Monk creature token with flying.

IIW: a splashy limited bomb (which means a card, usually rare or mythic, that's extremely powerful in draft or sealed without support or the need to build around)
Editor's Note: Excellent name, sir :grin:
slimytrout wrote:Wash in Light
Instant (U)
Destroy target enchantment.
Bewitched – If a player is enchanted, destroy all enchantments instead.
"I leapt from plane to plane, trying to evade the curse even as I felt it seeping through my skin. And then I landed here, and was made clean by this glorious brilliance."
-Karrov, the Converted

IIW: creatures with other card types
ForestsCarl wrote:Nathalia, Cabal Heretic
Legendary Creature - Human Hag Wizard (R)
First strike, lifelink
Bewitched – As long as a player is enchanted, spells and abilities that player controls must not target you or other permanents you control if able.
None could ever resist that smile.
1/1

IIW: Cards worth targeting with Rite of Replication
Editor's Note: I didn't want to completely rewrite your text, but I think something like "You and other permanents you control have hexproof from players that are enchanted." would be a more rules-friendly way to say that?
Henlock wrote:War Enchanter
Creature - Human Cleric Soldier (R)
War Enchanter gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control.
Bewitched – Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, if a player is enchanted, draw a card.
2/2

IIW: A nonblue counter
void_nothing wrote:Cryptic Vodyanoy
Creature - Merfolk Wizard (R)
Protection from red
Whenever Cryptic Vodyanoy deals combat damage to a player, return an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
Bewitched - As long as a player is enchanted, spells you cast with the same name as a card that left your graveyard this turn cost less to cast.
2/2

IIW: Coin flips outside of red

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

slimytrout , starjake

Wish Upon a Star (Mythic)
1w
Sorcery
You may choose a legendary card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Exile Wish Upon a Star.

IIW: defender and haste on the same card
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

starjake

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Votes: Subject16, Legend

Looming Wish
Sorcery (M)
Choose a card you own from outside the game. If it isn't already exiled, exile it, and if it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. Put 2 time counters on it. As long as it remains exiled, it has ": Put a time counter on this card. Only an opponent may activate this ability."

IIW: Bonds (the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)
Last edited by starjake 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

votes: starjake; void_nothing

Migration Tube, 4
Artifact, R
3, : Choose a Fish card you own from outside the game and put it onto the battlefield. It gains haste.

IIW: manlands

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Legend, slimytrout

Ajani's Plea 1WW
Sorcery (Rare)
Choose one -
• Search your library for a planeswalker card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
• Choose an Ajani planeswalker card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand.
"Our bonds span across entire worlds. When I call, they will answer.

IIW: One drop uncommons
Last edited by Subject16 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, Subject16

Last Wish bb
Sorcery (R)
Choose a card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand. At the beginning of the next end step, you lose the game. Exile Last Wish.

IIW : 1/1 creatures

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Henlock, subject16

Infernal Wish 1B
Sorcery (R)
Kicker - Discard your hand. (You may discard your hand in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell.)
You may reveal a card from your hand, then choose a card you own from outside the game that shares a name with that card and put it into your hand. If Infernal Wish was kicked, choose any card you own from outside the game instead.

IIW: "You win the game"/"Target player loses the game"

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Regarding yesterday, my bad. I fully intended to come back and vote, but real life got in the way, as it usually does. Anyway:

Votes: folding_music, Legend,

Sarkhan's Call
2R
Sorcery (mythic)
Choose a Dragon creature card you own from outside of the game and put it onto the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at end of turn.

IIW: All that glitters...
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

starjake, Legend

Zeal of Runes 1ww
Sorcery (r)
Choose a color. Choose a card you own from outside the game with one or more instances of that color word in its rule text and put it into your hand.

IIW: A new hatebear

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

Folding_Music, Legend

Last Wish Effort r
Instant M
The next time you would lose the game this turn, instead reveal a card you own from outside the game and put it on top of your library. Shuffle all cards you own from all zones into your library then reveal the top card of your library. If the revealed card came from outside the game this turn, you win the game.

IIW: Zombie apocalypse vehicles

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, Subject16

Huckster's Duplication 3U
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal a card from your hand. If you do, put a card you own from outside the game with the same name as that card into your hand.

IIW: Common Angels
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

voidnothing henlock

Minor Wish 1W
Sorcery (Rare)
You may put a card you own with converted mana cost 1 or less from outside the game into your hand

iiw gods
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”