New Challenge Every Day - August 13th

Locked Previous topicNext topic
starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Bewitched (If a player is enchanted, _______)

.::Rules of the Game::.
This contest is a hybrid of the DCC and IIW/winner-is-judge games like Club Flamingo. Anyone can enter each day.

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one)

Make a card that fits the current challenge.

Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the contest (currently planned to end on Sat Aug 31, at which time the points will reset for the next month). The top overall scorer(s) at the end of this period will be the winner(s).

.::Note of the Day::.
There was nothing to vote for today, so there was no way anyone could win (sorry; didn't think that one through). Raptorchan's submission had a cool mechanic that I think would be fun to explore.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
starjake wrote:Radiant Feather
Enchantment (C)
Phoenix spells you cast cost less to cast.
Activated abilities of Phoenix creatures you control and in your graveyard cost less to activate.
, Sacrifice Radiant Feather: Return all cards in exile to their owners' graveyards.

IIW: Bonds (the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)
Krishnath wrote:Phoenix Egg
Creature - Phoenix Egg (R)
When Phoenix Egg dies, put a 3/3 red Phoenix creature token with flying and haste onto the battlefield, then shuffle Phoenix Egg into its owner's library.
0/1

IIW: Mana rocks
folding_music wrote:Spectacular Bennu
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying, trample
: Spectacular Bennu gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step, if you activated the abilities of other Phoenixes four or more times this turn, you may return Spectacular Bennu from your graveyard to the battlefield.
4/1

IIW - Fading/Parallax
Raptorchan wrote:Itslav's Heatbird
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying, haste
Bewitched: Return Itslav's Heatbird from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a player is enchanted.
3/3

IIW: Trains
Editor's note: Trains?
forestcart wrote:Sparkbird
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying
Remove two loyalty counters from a red planeswalker you control: Return Sparkbird from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
2/2

IIW: Mill yourself rare/uncommon
slimytrout wrote:Zhur-Taa Flamewing
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying
Bloodrush, Discard Zhur-Taa Flamewing: Target attacking creature gets +2/+2 and gains flying until end of turn.
When you discard Zhur-Taa Flamewing, create a 0/1 red Egg creature token with "When you deal combat damage to an opponent, sacrifice this creature. If you do, return target card named Zhur-Taa Flamewing from your graveyard to the battlefield."
2/2

IIW: Treefolk
Henlock wrote:Ashen Phoenix
Creature - Phoenix (U)
Flying
: Ashen Phoenix gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Dash
You may cast Ashen Phoenix from your graveyard for its Dash cost.
1/2

IIW: A new hatebear
Editor's note: With the way this is worded, I don't know if casting it from your graveyard would still grant it the Dash effects of granting haste and returning it to your hand?
Editor's other note: What is a hatebear?
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:Phoenix of the Lost Land
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying, trample
Whenever a land enters the battlefield from a graveyard or is returned to a hand from a graveyard, return Phoenix of the Lost Land from your graveyard to the battlefield if it's in your graveyard or put a +1/+1 counter on it if it's on the battlefield.
2/2

IIW: Use the same number multiple times in rules text (like deal 7 damage and gain 7 life, etc)
void_nothing wrote:Fire-Crafted Disaster
Enchantment Creature - Phoenix (M)
Flying, trample
: Exile Fire-Crafted Disaster from your graveyard with ten star counters on it. For as long as it's exiled, whenever an enchantment enters or leaves the battlefield, remove a star counter from it. When you remove the last, return Fire-Crafted Disaster to the battlefield with six +1/+1 counters on it and destroy all permanents other than enchantments.
Purphoros kept it for a desperate, destructive resort.
3/2

IIW: Elementals of something unusual
Legend wrote:Flight of the Phoenix
Sorcery (R)
Create a 4/1 red Phoenix creature token with flying and haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to paying its other costs.)

IIW: A card that gets another card "you own from outside the game". AKA a "Wish".
Last edited by starjake 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

starjake

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Votes: forestcart, void_nothing

Searchlight Illuminator
Artifact Creature - Construct (U)
Players lose hexproof and shroud and can't have or gain hexproof or shroud.
Bewitched - Searchlight Illuminator gets +1/+1 for each player that is enchanted.
2/2

IIW: Bonds (the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Dash works precisely the same no matter what zone the card is cast from - the reminder text begins "You may cast this spell for its dash cost" without specifying a zone, so if an effect lets you cast such a card from your graveyard it's treated all the same.

Hatebear is shorthand for a long concept. "Hate" means hosing - cards that either hurt a specific color or disrupt a specific strategy. "Bear" means 2/2 for two mana. So a hatebear is a small efficient creature (not necessarily a 2/2 for two but close to that) with a pinpoint hosing ability, such as Ash Zealot or Collector Ouphe. This concept matters because a card that can keep up in combat in the early game as well as hamstringing an opposing strategy throughout the entire game can often serve an ideal sideboard role.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Iridescent Wisps
1WW
Enchantment (Rare)
Bewitched - At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player is enchanted, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.

IIW: noncreature tokens.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

voting: slimytrout; void_nothing

Change of Seasons, UG
Instant, R
Return target creature or enchantment to its owner's hand.
Bewitched - Each player who is enchanted may put an Aura card from their hand onto the battlefield attached to any player it could legally enchant.

IIW: non-human planeswalker
Last edited by folding_music 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

2starjake: Yeah, trains. Choo choo.

Votes: slimytrout, Legend

Gorynych's Rage rg
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has trample and "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature".
Bewitched – If a player is enchanted, enchanted creature has "Whenever one or more counters are put on this creature, you may have it fight target creature."

IIW: Split cards

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Raptorchan, forestcart

Bruella's Hex 3UB
Sorcery (Rare)
Search your library for a Curse card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Bewitched - If a player is enchanted, put it onto the battlefield attached to that player instead.
"Grudges are a dangerous, especially when wielded with skill."
-Dobra, Farmstead

IIW: "End the turn".

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Krishnath , Henlock

Dreams of Genies (Rare)
2uu
Enchantment
Bewitched – At the beginning of each player's upkeep, if that player is enchanted, you create a 2/2 blue Djinn Monk creature token with flying.

IIW: a splashy limited bomb (which means a card, usually rare or mythic, that's extremely powerful in draft or sealed without support or the need to build around)
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Henlock, legend

Wash in Light 1W
Instant (U)
Destroy target enchantment.
Bewitched - If a player is enchanted, destroy all enchantments instead.
"I leapt from plane to plane, trying to evade the curse even as I felt it seeping through my skin. And then I landed here, and was made clean by this glorious brilliance."
-Karrov, the Converted

IIW: creatures with other card types

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

vototes Legend Henlock

Nathalia, Cabal Heretic (B/R)W
Legendary Creature - Human Hag Wizard (R)
First strike, lifelink
Bewitched - If a player is enchanted, spells and abilities that player controls must not target you or other permanents you control if able.
None could ever resist that smile.
1/1

iiw:
Cards worth Rite of Replicationing

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Raptorchan, Forestcart

War Enchanter ww
Creature - Human Cleric Soldier (r)
War Enchanter gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control.
Bewitched - As long as a pkayer is enchanted, whenever you cast an enchantment spell, draw a card.
2/2

IIW: A nonblue counter

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: Raptorchan, slimytrout

Cryptic Vodyanoy 2UU
Creature - Merfolk Wizard (R)
Protection from red
Whenever Cryptic Vodyanoy deals combat damage to a player, return an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
Bewitched - As long as a player is enchanted, spells you cast with the same name as a card that left your graveyard this turn cost 3 less to cast.
2/2

IIW: Coin flips outside of red
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”